Quantcast Help! First time at Harry Potter..

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! First time at Harry Potter..

I'm new to Universal and will spend most of my day at the Wizarding World section. Are there fast pass options like WDW has? I will not be staying at a Universal hotel. Any opinion on what to do first while in this part of the park?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are only 3 rides there: Forbidden Journey, Dragon Challenge, and Flight of the Hippogrif (sp?). FJ does not have Express Pass, the others do.

Since you are only going for WWoHP, you will have a long day because it is extremely small. There are only 3 rides, 3-4 stores, and 3 Broomsticks. At most, I see it being a half day at most for everything. I left with a very unimpressed view of it. I went with high expectations. I hope that changes when I can see it without a child that doesn't much care for it.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

It is small, however it's crowded enough that it'll take a while to do it all. We were there at park-opening, and were done with the area around 2pm. I'm a huge Potter fan, and was thoroughly amazed at the area. My only disappointment was with how small it was.
    US/IOA charges for their "fast passes" and you can't use it on Forbidden Journey (the Hogwarts ride) so it really isn't worth it.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Get there at 8:30 and tickets in hand standing in line. The hotel guests get in an hour early. Gates opened at 9am...and there were brisk walks to Hogwarts...follow the crowds. It you have to see the wand show...get in that line FIRST...it only gets longer as the day goes on.
    We bypassed the show, went right for forbidden journey...30 minute wait, but the queue is to die for, and easily entertains you while you wait. Ride is better than any Disney ride...and coming from a disney freak that is high praise. Got out and went through the store and back into the line for single riders...no wait...we were on the ride in less than 5 minutes. Didn't do the hippogrith this time (kiddie roller coaster). On to the dueling dragons...walked thru...don't miss even if you are not riding. It was now 10am, and still only a 20 minute wait for this coaster. Afterwards, we did the wand store (yes, you can go in the store without doing the show). Had some butter beer, went to shop at the joke shop and candy shop. A few visits to Moaning Murtle, and lunch at the three broomsticks. We left the park at 12:30... Heading back to Disney. Now there are a few outside shows which are cute (went last Sep and saw them). Trip was made on a Friday...and will do again this September with my niece. PM if you have other questions.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

My advice is once you are done with HP visit the rest of the park. Spend the whole day there, you already paid for it and they have alot of great rides there!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

they have express passes which you have to pay for.the area is small but is very well done.couldnt ride the FJ ride but i believe they have changed some of the seats to accomodate larger people.we walked thru the que line any way,very well themed .met a young man who couldnt ride it either but his problem was his shoulders were too broad.it shouldnt take long to see everything and still enjoy the rest of the park.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: