Quantcast EPCOT- HIt or Miss - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

While I like epcot I have to say I do not love it. I do not want to watch movies about countries I get that from the travel channel. Norway and Mexico are fun because of the boat rides. I love the American Adventure. But the rest is just shops and movies. Future world seems to have lost its way. I like the nemo addition but I miss food rocks. Imaginations just isnt the same without the top floor. Space is ok but feels out dated already. Horizons was so much fun. Energy is a 45 minute nap. And seeing the Body wars pavillion sitting there not being used is pathetic.
    Mmmmmmmmm Egg roll cart!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it's a hit.....for my 2, 3 year old boys....a miss.......for now
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

HIT!

My favorite park!

Yes, it has some issues (Wonders of Life?) but it is THE UNIQUE theme park in all the world.

A worlds fair combined with rides unlike any others. There is only one SE, one TT. MS, Soarin, Living with the Land, IllumiNations, Turtle Talk, Off-Kilter.

WOW! What a place!
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

For us EPCOT is a HIT!!!! We have always loved this park!!! From the rides to the Worlds its just sooo fun!! My 12 year old DD has loved EPCOT since her first visit at 5 years old!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

HIT HIT HIT!
    But EPCOT is my very favorite park and we spend most of our time there. I'm actually thinking of just getting the EPCOT after 4 pass this year around because I rarely go to any of the other parks [only when I take the boys.] But my girlfriends and I do our nights out at EPCOT!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by btharvey View Post
    Instead, because no one after Walt could have driven the 'community' aspect, the choice to change EPCOT into a "futurist-themed" park that also incorporates the World's Fair type of pavilions was probably the best that could be made. That solidified WDW into an Entertainment Resort, and not a community.

WED would probably have been disappointed, but I'm not. I'm sorry that people think the existing EPCOT is a "miss" ... of course, I think folks are too critical in general (you should hear me at work! ;-). I honestly don't think that anyone but WED could have driven the community forward -- the choice was a good one.
    I think you're right - Epcot was the best compromise. I have not read much on the history, but I suspect that the execs/imagineers got together and said 'this city of the future thing is going to cost a fortune'. So they re-imagined it into a theme park where you could learn about the other cultures and imagine the future.

I see versions of Walt's idea (business + community + recreation, etc.) cropping up in pockets of the cities around here - just not on such a grand scale. He really was an innovator.

So, with that said, I think it's a hit.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

It's our families favorite park - so it's a hit for us

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that there's probably a lot of things @ WDW that 's not exactly the way Walt envisioned them. But I do believe that he would be satisfied, for the most part, at the way things have progresses @ the World. That being said, Epcot has become our fave park. I love the mix of attractions in FW (although, it's not really futuristic , but I don't care), and the diversity of traveling "around the World" and experiencing different cultures. And, of course, Illuminations is 2nd to none!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning our October trip around Epcot and the Food & wine festival. Our favorite park and most definitely a HIT!
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine a trip without going to Epcot.

It's my favorite park. I remember my first trip as child and how I talked about it for months on end to anyone who would listen to me.

Is it the same park I visited as child?
    No, not by a long shot?

Do I miss the original JiI, Horizons, and WoL?
    Absolutely, but I focus on what is still there and I enjoy myself immensely.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

I also couldn't imagine a living community in that area. A Theme Park has always made sense. Epcot is our second favorite park behind MK. DHS is a distant 3rd and AK is still further behind that.

So that makes it a HIT!
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: