Quantcast Any Tips for First Stay at CBR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Tips for First Stay at CBR?

We had some points we had to use at a Disney Hotel instead of DVC and opted to book CBR with a pirate room, water view. We have never before stayed at CBR but we have stayed at other Mods. Anything special or special tips about this resort? We are excited to try a new place. I think my boys even at 14 and 12 will still like the pirate room and the themeing. Thanks guys!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This is a lovely resort! Your family will love the pool area. It's a pretty large resort we thought. I liked the quiet pool. The laundry area is around the corner from the quiet pool. Very clean and usually deserted. The themed rooms are really cool! Your boys will love it!
    The gift shop is quite big and loved the variety of food at the food court!

Have an awesome time!

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the pirate room - family of 4, me, DH, and DDs who were 11 and 15 at the time. Just be aware that this section is a bit isolated from the rest of the resort but it was an easy walk to the main building. However, upon check-in and check-out, you will probably need bell services to get you to and from your room as it is as far as it's possible to get from the Custom House. The newly refurbed pool looked great (too cold to swim when we were there although there were people in the pool). The gift shop and food court areas are large and bright with a decent selection. There is an internal bus (only goes to the resort stops) as well as the buses to all the parks and DTD - multiple stops within the resort. It's a beautiful resort and we enjoy it there!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

A bus just for the resort? That's great if you end up being in the furthest building.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

There are no elevators.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    There are no elevators.
    What?! No elevators? That's going to be a problem. That happened to us on our last trip to OKW. We had a 2BR villa on the top floor. Fabulous room, but man did it stink carrying the double stroller up all those stairs after a long day in the parks with 4 kids.

We are adding 5 days on to the front end of our vacation at CBR. So glad I found out about this now. I'm going to make sure I request a ground floor room.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, no elevators! You'd think I would have remembered that part since I fell down 2 flights of stairs there several years back...
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I would during checkout request the ground floor. I have been to CBR 5 times or so and no matter how nice, would never pick a Pirate Room. They are at the most undesireable location at the Resort. Yes the theming may be nice, but really the only time you see it is when you are INSIDE the room. In Disney that is not often. I would always get the preferred location near Old Port Royale. It is next to the foodcourt vs a 10 minute walk. Also, take advantage of the quiet pools, they are usually empty. Tha main pool is great as the cabana bar is right there. You and DH can unwind as the teens have a blast at the cool pool. Not trying to be a downer on the Pirate thing just stating the reality. Disney had so many requests not to stay in Trinidad South they revamped the area and gave it a hook. Now they charge more for the former most undesirable location.

Post Thanks / Like

We love CBR. We always requested (and got) a room in Jamaica. It's close to a bus stop and also a lovely walk over the bridge to Port Royale (the main building with food court, shops, etc.).
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    Disney had so many requests not to stay in Trinidad South they revamped the area and gave it a hook. Now they charge more for the former most undesirable location.

Ha! I can totally see that! LOL. Well, we used our DVC points we had to burn before year's end so we didn't really "pay" but good to know and thanks for the tips.

Thanks to all for the tips.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: