Quantcast MNSSHP not worth it!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP not worth it!

We had not been to WDW in 3 years, and my family was very much looking forward to our trip. We decided to go at the end of October because of the low attendance and MNSSHP. The party was overcrowded, uneventful, and WAY overpriced. We had 8 people from 9-44 attend, and no one thought it was worthwhile- Not even my kids! They gave out a lot of candy, and we got to see the 7 Dwarfs, but other than that it was a waste of almost $500. I will never go again, and wish I never went to begin with. The events were too spread out - you could not get to everything. The lines were longer than they were throughout the day. The cast was irritating, checking wristbands every 2-3 minutes, for at least 1 1/2 hours, as if they were the "band police" - no happy smiles, holiday wishes, or festive attitudes. They were obviously irritated to be working so late and it showed. Parade was mediocre, specail events at the haunted house, and dance parties were....lame (for lack of better words.)
    You really dropped the ball on this one Disney. We were so excited to go and so dissapointed when we did got there. I tell everyone I know not to waste $60/person on this event. The Princess breakfast that morning was such a better choice - it was money well spent. MNSSHP was A LOT of money wasted.
    LISA

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a bad experience. We simply love MNSSHP. It is our favorite time to be at Disney-we love the party!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a bad experience. I do love most of the MNSSHP, though I do agree that it's grown more crowded and they are not limiting the tickets like they used to.

A couple of things for the future 1.) October is not low crowd season anymore. In fact, it can be quite crowded at times. All of the previously low times like May, October, and December have become very popular in the last 4-5 years. 2.) Going to MNSSHP closer to Halloween also guarantees bigger crowds as well as higher prices. If you had the opportunity and wanted to try it again, September is usually a better time.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I went in 2008 and liked the parade, but I thought it cost to much for what you get. I was glad I went, but will not go again.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you were disappointed.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I went to 2 parties this year. To me, MNSSHP is worth it mainly because of the Headless Horseman, Boo to You parade and HalloWishes. Both the parade and fireworks are IMO hands down the best Disney offers. The parade is long and has such unique offerings (the gravediggers with their shovels making sparks, the graveyard keeper with the dog, the hitchhiking ghosts, Barbosa, etc.). And the perimeter fireworks during HalloWishes are breathtaking. We had a good time getting candy this year as well, and as always, I enjoy seeing the rare characters who make appearances only during these parties. And you thought the ghosts appearing outside HM were lame? That was such a special treat. She was hiliarous!

I do agree it's gotten more crowded, and ride lines have increased as such. But really, that's not typically what I go to these special events for.

Now for me, MVMCP isn't worth it. But to many others, I'm certain it is.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with MNSSHP.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that you didnt like it. We (family of 4) love going and actually went to 4 parties this past yr. Love dressing up in costumes and trick-or-treating with my DD's. Had a blast with the different characters that we do not usually get to see out, and only one night was really crowded out of the week that we went. It was supposed to rain really heavy one of the party nights, and had almost the whole park to ourselves that night, definantly the best night out of the 4. But for us, we look forward to MNSSHP all yr.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't like it. I did MNSSHP twice, and had a blast (plus, I could watch Boo to You all night if possible- love that parade!).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I went on oct 10 & 23rd. The 10th was very low crowds. The 23rd- CRAZY til after fireworks. Then ok. I LOVE mnsshp! I'm very sorry you weren't happy with it. May have been too close to Halloween.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We our first MNSSHP on the 18th. It was rainy that night and I almost didn't want to go. I loved it so much, but was a little disappointed that not everything went on that was supposed to. There was no headless horseman before either parade because it was too wet. I think alot of the things at HM were adjusted because of the rain. I did enjoy all the candy though.
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

We have been twice before. We enjoyed it the first time since it was just w/ my oldest dd who was under 3 at the time so free... she slept the whole night.

The other time was 2 years ago when dd1 was 4 and dd2 was 2. They were much too young to be up that night. They barely stayed awake to watch the parade and fireworks and slept the rest of the time. So, it was a waste of $ for our kids.

However, DH and I could have gone all by ourselves!

We hope to go again when the kids are a bit older to last all night long.

I'm so sorry you didn't like it and hope maybe one day you'll give it another chance and be very pleasantly surprised when you do!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, one of the biggest complaints for the Halloween and Christmas parties have always been that the CMs don't check for wristbands enough. Heck I've seen message board posters say they're going to sue Disney if they see anyone at the party without a wristband. Others have complained about the same and received refunds or comp tickets in return.

Sounds like a darned if they do, darned if they don't situation.

Post Thanks / Like

We went on Halloween night! We were told that it was sold out. They had sold 17,000 tickets. The park holds 75,000. We loved it! The kids got tons of candy. The parade and fireworks show was awesome! This was our 4th party in the last few years we've been to. I didn't feel it was too overcrowded. Although, there was a 45 min. wait to meet the 7 dwarfs. We didn't get to meet them. Just me opinion.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mnsshp

Have to put a check mark in the "loved it" column on this one. The party was great. The kids loved the candy, loved the parade and the low crowds in the park. Ok, by kids I also mean the wife and I. We did this once and I would do it again if the opportunity comes up.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry that you were disappointed with MNSSHP. My family and I LOVE this party!! October is our favorite time of year to visit!! We went this year on 10/10 and had the best time!! I have to say, we don't usually go to the party to ride any of the rides.... We go to enjoy the trick-or-treating, Boo to You parade, fireworks and the hard to find characters.

This year we got lucky with the characters.... we got to see Jasmine, Aladdin, Genie and Abu!! We've got the best pictures of DDs w/ them!! That was the snag of the ENTIRE trip!!!

I'm like everyone else.... I could watch the Boo to You parade all night long!!! And the Fireworks.... amazing!!! I've been to WDW for New Year's Eve and they even beat that!!!

Sorry you didn't have a good time.... if you get a chance to try it again, I hope you will do it...
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: