Quantcast Any advice for being pregnant at WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any advice for being pregnant at WDW?

Does anyone have advice to share about being pregnant during a trip to WDW? I know the number of attractions are limited. Can a GAC be requested because of pregnancy? It sure would help to sit and wait instead of standing in line. Any other advice or suggestions?
    Off-site August 1986
    All Star Music May/June 1999
    Coronado Springs August 2012
    Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2017
    Port Orleans Riverside June 2022 (planned)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i didn't really feel limited as far as rides go... obviously no roller coasters and no splash mountain or tot....and a few others... but i did pretty much everything else. i just walked around (slowly, lol) while the rest of the family did those rides. i loved the rocking chairs in the gift shop by splash mountain! just make sure to stay hydrated and take it easy!

i also bought an autograph book that i carried with me and not only did i get autographs, but i wrote little notes for my little one... about what i was doing or thinking at any given moment! and i got fast passes for all the rides i couldn't do and put them in the autograph book!

most important.... have a great time!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'm looking forward to having a great time!!! I know it will be different but fun.
    Off-site August 1986

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the GAC, but I've been to Disney pregnant twice and as long as your pregnancy is normal there's no reason why you would need anything special. I see hundreds of pregnant women at the parks every year. It's very doable. You may tire a bit faster so you will want to schedule break time, but other than that you should be fine. Just listen to your body and take it easy when you need to. There are still plenty of rides you can do.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to WDW 5 months pregnant. It wasn't my favorite trip cause I couldn't do nearly as much, but it was certainly a great time.

Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and take frequent breaks to avoid foot/leg swelling.

Don't be afraid to use a wheelchair if you need to. 2 out of the 7 days, I needed one for about half the day. I felt silly for needing one, but I made sure the guests who truly needed chairs did things before me.

Bring a water bottle that has a filter in it. Brita sells awesome ones. That way you can refill at water fountains and drink as much as you want/need.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! At Hollywood Studios buy a Giant Pickle and sandwich it between 2 Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone when I was 5 months pregnant. Just remember to stay hydrated. I rested a little more during the afternoons, but other than that, there were no problems. BTW, my O.B. gave me the name of a doctor he went through residency with that was in the Orlando area. I didn't need him, but it was nice having a recommended doc in the area, just in case.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't pregnant at WDW, but was when we went to Disneyland, both times! As others have said, take it easy, drink a lot of water and be mindful of what your body is telling you. I was able to enjoy a lot of the scenery that I would have probably missed otherwise. We also have some cute photos with Mickey and DH disagreeing about the paternity of the child.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdk316 View Post
    We also have some cute photos with Mickey and DH disagreeing about the paternity of the child.
    That's cute! A treasured picture for sure.
    Off-site August 1986

Post Thanks / Like

I was three months pregnant (granted, that's pretty early!) when in 2006 and my dr. said it was fine to go on anything that didn't spin really fast. The ONLY ride I didn't do was Mission Space. But again... that was at the end of my first trimester!
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

A GAC is designed for people with "invisible" disabilities and they are not routinely provided for pregnant visitors.

I went to WDW 12 weeks pregnant at the end of September one year, and my advice is like the rest: stay rested, hydrated, and cool! LIsten to your body and take breaks as needed. The heat was the worst part!

You can ride a LOT of stuff at WDW pregnant, but be mindful of the signs, and avoid anything that suggests that expectant mothers should not ride.

Have a great time!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, I will not need to worry about that this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j2k View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, I will not need to worry about that this trip.
    So sorry.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

15. Thanks j2k thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: