Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
Coral Reef. We've only been there once, in 2001, and it was bad enough to convince my husband to never go back again. It was a complete nightmare experience from start to finish, and complaining to management didn't get us anywhere, not one apology. We waited an hour to sit. Husband's steak was not cooked (not even rare- I love rare and I couldn't have eaten it, the outside was still red). I didn't want to eat mine until he had his, but the server refused to hold my food or keep it warm. His steak came back an hour later. They served my kids the completely wrong orders and acted like it was our fault. Our entire meal took three hours (so four hours for the whole experience), and it was our arrival night. We were exhausted and fed up with the place.

I have actually been back for private dining in the Living Seas pavilion, and it was delicious. I tried to convince husband to give Coral Reef another shot, but he will not set foot in the place (and I can't really blame him). Our worst meal ever.
We had the same experience. A hurricane had come through and it was a terenchal downpour. We were soaked down to our shoes, which had puddles in them. The restaurant was freezing and we waited 90 min for a table bc, despite what they said when we asked, they were taking walk ins ahead of us. We watched them do it. They comped lobster bisque for our family but didnt tell me what it was, so here I am eating lobster (allergic to shellfish) and our food took an hour to get out and then it took 30 min just to get the bill taken care of. We had little to no apologies and no offer for free dessert or bill coverage or anything for our troubles. It was supposed to be my daughter's 9th birthday dinner and she was in tears. She had expected this to be something to look forward to, and had asked about the place for a couple of years by now. . . and they couldn't have seated us further from the tank. It was just a mess and we all left angry. I wont take my family back there. I went alone in February for a quiet dinner alone and their management is just sub-par, imho, comparatively...being that this is supposed to be Disney World.