Quantcast How's the food at Tusker House?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question How's the food at Tusker House?

I've decided to add a character meal for the kids, so I'm going to cancel Chefs de France and replace it with the Tusker House at *lunch*. I know they've added the characters at lunch, but I'm wondering what the food is like. I saw a menu, but that doesn't tell me much. I need some advice and opinions.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

we are doing lunch for the first time while we are there on December 5 (First time at Tusker, not the first time at WDW) Would like to hear thoughts as well.
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

I like Tusker House for lunch. It is a good combinations of basic buffet items plus African inspired dishes. When we went we were the first lunch seating which means there was an overlap with breakfast foods.

There is a bread area which features regular breads plus a few exotic breads as well as spreads like humus and various chutneys. A fairly standard fruit and salad section and a large dessert assortment. For main dishes , there are carved meats, curry dishes, some special pasta and basics such as chicken nuggets.

I find it to be a good mix for people who like to try more exotic dishes and people who just want the standards. I would eat here again.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

*Excellent work Agent C* (In my best Major Monogram voice) lol. We are doing the same (first time at Tusker House) because we normally do Chef Mickeys, but that place is becoming nearly impossible to get into.
    Thanks for the report!
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Tusker House for us

We always ate at Tusker House in the past when you could get a nice lunch there for $10.00 and the food was excellent. This is our first time doing the buffet there, and I have a feeling it is going to be very good. We love the atmosphere of Tusker House and it is kept very clean......We are looking forward to dining there again.......Next week
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I have only done the breakfast and I wasn't that impressed. I think there are many other choices when it comes to character breakfasts. That being said you are doing lunch, so let us all know how it turns out!

11 days!!!!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I ate there last May with a group of 4 adults (one of whom is a pretty picky eater) and we all loved it and raved about it. I was a little nervous trying African food, but it was fabulous. There are SO many choices. And, should you not find something authentic that you like there is American food as well. I believe we had mini corn dogs and fries. The Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce was to die for! I'm excited to eat there again on this trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM View Post
    we are doing lunch for the first time while we are there on December 5 (First time at Tusker, not the first time at WDW) Would like to hear thoughts as well.
    So close! We'll be there on the 6th. Sounds like we should like it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I have eaten bfast there a few times, finding it decent. In 2009 we were scheduled for bfast again, but wound up going to a DVC presentation instead. (we bought in).
    Later that day we were able to get a walk-in for lunch. While I really can't say anything was bad, a lot of the food I found too "exotic" for my taste buds.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Tusker House for lunch for the first time last August and I loved it! The food was very delicious, and the decor is very interesting to look at. I normally hate both bananas and bread pudding but when I was there it looked so good I had to try some...and it was sooo good!! When I was there, we had the best server. He was so friendly and joking with us the entire time. My brother was really thirsty and kept asking for refills so he brought a pitcher of soda over to the table just for my brother...who then drank the whole thing! (Which the server than said he only seen a handful of others do.) When we left, he also let us take some chocolate chip cookies with us. I will definitely go back to Tusker House, it was great!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??