Quantcast Early Entry Advise Needed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early Entry Advise Needed

Hello,

Going to Universal for a couple days and staying on site. We have the express pass things and early entries. I figure I will drive up and try and be at the hotels at 7ish to check-in, drop bags, and pickup passes and head to the parks for EE on day 1. Day two, who knows?

Should I used EE and rush to Transformers early, and then Dispicable thing? We will be there two days and want to make the most of it and the EE privileges.

I am a noobie at Universal, having spent more time at WDW. If anyone familiar with the current system and rides can offer advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks, Posterchild
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just missed Transformers, so I cannot speak to it, but I know Despicable Me was very busy from the beginning. However, "very busy" means you stand in line for 15-20 minutes (at the very most instead of walk on) with Express Pass.

If you are interested at all in riding Forbidden Journey or seeing the wand show at Olivander's (a waste of time in my opinion, but many people like it, obviously), I would still suggest you use early entry for Harry Potter area since neither of those attractions take express pass.

I think every attraction at US has express pass.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Early Entry is only at IOA in order to ride Harry Potter FJ, because that ride does not take Express Pass.

Transformers & DM are at the Studio and does not have Early Entry. I thought I read that Transformers was taking Express Pass. Either way, Transformers is the newest so I think that will be more crowded. We did DM last Oct with Express Pass and only waited about 10 mins.

I am going to look into everything, just in case everything has changed and I am wrong. Will be back to either confirmation or make corrections.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't mention when you are going but I did check into it.

Early Entry to the Studio will only be from
    July 1st to Sept 2 for Transformers and DM. Since it is only 1 hour before opening I would def do Transformers first. You may have time to go back to DM, but if not just use your Express Pass later.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Posterchild, when are you going?

I have been hearing Transformers has been a constant 75 minute wait time during the day, and there are days DM pulls 90 minute wait times...

Transformers does accept Express Pass... And I believe single rider as well...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I have family leaving for their honeymoon tomorrow and this is very helpful!

Is it safe to say that next week/weekend that they can use their on-site hotel Express Pass privileges AND also take advantage of the early entry since it is prior to Sept. 2?

It's been awhile since I've been on these boards, but am glad to be back!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Posterchild, when are you going?

I have been hearing Transformers has been a constant 75 minute wait time during the day, and there are days DM pulls 90 minute wait times...

Transformers does accept Express Pass... And I believe single rider as well...
    But these wait times are regular, not express pass. Correct??

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    I have family leaving for their honeymoon tomorrow and this is very helpful!

Is it safe to say that next week/weekend that they can use their on-site hotel Express Pass privileges AND also take advantage of the early entry since it is prior to Sept. 2?

It's been awhile since I've been on these boards, but am glad to be back!

Yes, 1 hour early entry and Express Pass will be accepted. Just remember, from what I read, Transformers & DM will be the only attractions opened so don't expect to walk on either one. You probably will only have time for one attraction. I would do Transformers since it is so new. We did DM in Oct with Express Pass and only waited about 10 mins in line.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post

I can't say for Transformers, but yes for DM, at least from my experience.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Thanks! It's good to know they'll have a couple of options for Transformers
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    yes, for stand by lines... Stand by lines have been around 75 minutes for Transformers and 90 minutes for DM...

Not sure what the wait times have been averaging for Express Pass for either of those attractions...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this thread really took off while I was away.
    Actually I will be going Aug 18th for a couple nights. Looks like right then is when the kids go back to school.

We will probably do Transformers and wait out DM, I dunno depends on the teens wishes. Sometimes even my planning does not pan out the way I think!
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

Read on a few sites that DM was over 100 minutes wait the last two days and Transformers hit 200 minutes, with a 60 minute Express Pass wait time... In fact, Universal stopped selling Express Passes the other day because the people buying them were overloading the Transformers queue...

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I am saying that the hour early entry is probably only going to get you on one ride not both.

Transformers will be crowded all day, no matter express pass or not. My guess is that your express pass will be more useful at DM later in the day.......
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    This is why I am saying that the hour early entry is probably only going to get you on one ride not both.

Transformers will be crowded all day, no matter express pass or not. My guess is that your express pass will be more useful at DM later in the day.......
    Agreed!

I can't wait to see what our cousins have to report.

I can't believe how the release of the 2nd Despicable Me movie has affected the line so greatly! When we were at the Studios last September when it was still pretty new and it was popular especially on weekend dates, but we did not see any lines like this! I know it's the summer, but wow - it's holding its own with Transformers (a very heavily anticipated, more "thrill" ride)!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: