Quantcast Hertz Rental Car

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hertz Rental Car

We will be staying at YC and transferring to Hard Rock at Universal. In order to save money, we thought we would use the rental car service that is at the HR (which is Hertz). It looks like there is a Hertz rental at the Courtyard by Marriott near DTD. Has anyone used them? They said they would pick us up if we called an hour before on our last morning of our WDW trip to get the car. (BTW, the reason we are renting a car is that our DD wants to go to the outlet mall near Universal, something we've never taken the time to do before.) Then, we will just return the car to HR upon check-in there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Dream'nDisney; 07-19-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Mistake
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What sort of advice are you looking for? Hertz as a rental car company? Or the plan you have posted?

Personally, Hertz is not my favorite rental company. Although they are the official AAA rental company, I've found them to be a bit pushy when it comes to trying to get you to add additional insurance coverage.

If what you have laid out works for you, though, why not go for it?!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to just find the most convenient way to get a rental car from WDW to HR. As posted before, we want to do some shopping before checking in to HR, so that's why we need the rental car. Hertz is the only rental car company at Universal I believe, so I'm thinking that's the company we should go with.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

We rent from National or Alamo. They have pick up centers at the SWAN or Dolphin and Car Care Center by MK. We always apply for a club card and use coupons. We are going in September and have watched as car rates tend to go up and down. We have, what I feeel, is a good rate at Alamo right now using our club card and coupon. We are picking up/dropping off at the airport. Last time in WDW we rented from the car care center. I have never rented from Hertz though so don't know anything about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    I am trying to just find the most convenient way to get a rental car from WDW to HR. As posted before, we want to do some shopping before checking in to HR, so that's why we need the rental car. Hertz is the only rental car company at Universal I believe, so I'm thinking that's the company we should go with.
    If they have a drop-off location at Universal, that sounds like it would work best for you.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hertz has a location at Shades Of Green. It is walkable from TTC/Poly easily.

Be sure to properly reserve the car, and show up at designated time. They have low inventory so if you drop in early you may have to wait...

Never had problems with Hertz, it is what my company uses, and have lucked out on some nice upgrades at MIA on a few occasions. Even got in a wreck last time on the way to disneyworld (Rear ended on turnpike when someone pulled a u-turn in very fast traffic). I was impressed with their handling of the situation.
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

I think I like the idea of walking to Shades of Green. I will have to research that. That sounds more convenient than renting off-site.
    I would prefer to just walk to Dolphin from YC and rent from National But I don't know where we would return car while at Hard Rock
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC