Quantcast Cast Members visiting DW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Cast Members visiting DW

So, I was pondering the thought of working at Disney World as a cast member, and I wondered, when you (you being a cast member) go on vacation to Disney World does it feel like your just visiting work, or does it still feel exciting like your going on vacation? Do you get a different view of Disney World because you work there? I might sound pretty weird asking this, but is it just not as exciting because you work at Disney?

Thank you

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're working there, I can't imagine you'd vacation there too. You'd already be there a lot and I imagine you might spend a lot of your off time there. It may also lose some of its magic and you might visit less.

For me, I hope to work there in "retirement" and spend as much of free time in the world as I can.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I work at WDW. While I don't "vacation" there, I do enjoy visiting the parks on my days off. For me, when I go on a Disney vacation, it's with DCL (and hopefully someday to DL)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I get this question a lot from friends

While we never really "vacationed", we'd spend about three or four nights a week after work, plus one of our days off most weeks (we had Thu/Fri off, then Sun/Mon). It was free (for us) - cheap entertainment

The times we'd go "play" in the parks was spent mostly taking pictures, trying out new restaurants, Boardwalk, Downtown Disney, mini golf, water parks, fireworks, parades, shows...

We'd also get our families and friends into the parks. My dad and his family of five kids could never afford to go to the parks on their own. I *loved* when they'd come over
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered this too. I was thinking maybe someday I'd like to work retail at either DTD or at one of the resorts so that it's a little removed from the parks. I have also wondered if the tours that go back stage ruin some of the magic too....
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it might depend on if you are a CM that works in the parks or not.

My husband was a blue badge behind the scenes CM. We went to the parks regularly, especially Epcot. And since we could get friends and family into the parks for free we often did. We always had fun.

We did take a few short Disney vacations while employed by Disney. We got 50% off of the Disney Resort rooms, and we took advantage of it. When there was a long weekend we would go stay at GF, AKL, or YC. But we never took a full length vacation at WDW, it didn't make much sense to. We did take a full length vacation to DisneyLand/southern Cali. We had the same benefits there as we did at WDW so it was kind of a no brainier to take advantage of it.

My husband was considering going back to Disney, but all of our friends that still work there said that the benefits & pay have changed a lot in the dept that my husband worked. There are still good resort discounts, (which we still get to use with the help of our friends), but many of the other perks we enjoyed are either gone or diluted.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: