Quantcast So FP+ suddenly no longer 3 selections - it's 1 'Premium' + 2 'others' - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to follow up on my earlier post where I said how much the current FP+ system is negatively affecting day guests and local passholders who can't use the system yet.....

It's 12:40 PM on a Thursday, and both Soarin' and Test Track are not showing a FP return time on MDE. I didn't check it any earlier and I'm working, not at the park, so I can't confirm but that looks like all FP are gone for the day already. I know it's a holiday weekend coming up, but the only possible way to explain that is FP+ eligible people booking them up ahead of time and people double dipping with FP+ and their tickets. I know Disney "asks" people to not do the double dip thing but they're not doing anything to stop it and it's making people who aren't eligible for FP+ upset.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Awful

So no matter how far ahead you book and how many thousands of dollars you spend, it is not possible to walk through the gate at EPCOT with fastpasses for TestTrack and Soarin' in hand for the same day.

Two great attractions with IMPOSSIBLE standby lines.

Yeah, I know, they're "testing". testing my desire to book a WDW vacation.

All this scheduling and limits and details. Maybe "WDW" and "Vacation" are words that don't belong in the same sentence.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Biggeek View Post
    Yes, but it's not like they give us a discount now. We don't get a lot of Vacations these days and it's turning into a nightmare. It was one thing when we could choose to opt in previously to Magic+, but this change was made after we had agreed to test the system a different way (3 FPs) then they change it to essentially 1 FP/day since the other 2 'options' per day never need fast pass anyway.
    WDW has never had any glitches or testing when it comes to me paying in full 45 days in advance. This new Premiere Attraction designation really does mark a return to limiting the number of E-Ticket attractions a guest can visit in a day.

Post Thanks / Like

I have friends there now and they said the lines aren't bad at Epcot. Soarin is posting 50 minutes. Not great but not as horrible as I had thought it would be. They did say the crowds are more than they expected- of course there is also a marathon there too.

Post Thanks / Like

I just posted my frustration about this in another area then I saw this posting. I am comforted that others see this as completely ridiculous!
    I truly love WDW but lately the magic just seems to be slipping away.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Passes

I will probably age myself with this post. This new Fast Pass system reminds me of the 70's when you had to use tickets to get on the rides. I believe premium rides, ie. Space Mountain required an E ticket....we could go on it ONE time...NO FUN!! While people can still stand in line forever, to get on their favorite ride, multiple times, why do Fast Passes have to be limited in this manner? Resort guests pay a heck of alot of money, save for years to be able to afford a WDW vacation with their family. I do think this new system may discourage some people as it seems to take away from the magic. What we use to consider the Happiest Place on Earth, may soon become the think twice about going place..... Sad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Sounds like the old E tickets.......only get a few premium ride choices per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I will probably age myself with this post. This new Fast Pass system reminds me of the 70's when you had to use tickets to get on the rides. I believe premium rides, ie. Space Mountain required an E ticket....we could go on it ONE time...NO FUN!!
    The difference being, you could always go buy more tickets if you wanted to.

I really have no desire to go to WDW this year.. I still don't plan my meal times in advance (WDW, can't you trust I will buy your food while I'm there?) and I have no intentions of locking in my park days and times with a fastpass for the 1 attraction it will require. My day plans could change with the weather. I hope they sort this out.

In the meantime, hello Disneyland! Closer.. therefore cheaper and no trying to arrange my day to the minute. What a vacation should be.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I maybe in the minority here but I was glad that I was able to make our FP+ choices. Myself and our youngest are not the adventerous types. My husband and Oldest are, so this gave us the chance to book FPs for things that both sets like at the same time and then we can enjoy our favorites at the same time. SO that one group isn't constantly waiting on the others. We can split up and go different ways and make our trips special for everyone.

Hoping it works this way!!!

June 2007--My Princess #1 First Trip!!!!! Off site
    June 2010--My Princess #2 First Trip!!!! CBR
    Aug 2011--POFQ
    Jan. 2013--POR
    Jan. 2014--I think this is becoming a tradition!! POR
    Jan 2018--All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like one of the major complaints was that Fastpass + would mean all the "good" fastpasses would be gone before everyone else got a shot at them. This seems to put a limit on that, no? I would imagine that limiting the number of premium fastpasses would also address the oft mentioned concern of this increasing wait times.

I see this as a good thing. Once upon a time we all waited in line anyway.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post

I believe we have all lost sight of that.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think once the fast pass + is up and out of testing phase it might make things better. Right now people can double dip. I too agree that at one point in time there was no such thing as fast pass so everyone had to wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, who's going to be first to start up a "Keep your hands of my fastpass" facebook page?
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Default NO WDW for me in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Ok, who's going to be first to start up a "Keep your hands of my fastpass" facebook page?
    I won't start it but I'll join it, especially if you call it
    Skipping Walt Disney World in 2014.

Seriously. I know the displeasure of a few "REACTIVE" guests means nothing to the Walt Disney Company but I really am ready for a change. A WDW vacation is expensive both in terms of what you pay and what's required in terms of time off from work and travel and journeying from where you sleep to the entrances to Soarin' and Test Track.

Now you tell me it's REACTIVE to object to being told I can't take my family to both attractions in the same day without using the (only a fool would) standby line?

Honestly, I hate being a customer of a company that says, "We have so many people who want our product, we don't need to think about customer satisfaction."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    I hate being a customer of a company that says, "We have so many people who want our product, we don't need to think about customer satisfaction."
    This.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I won't start it but I'll join it, especially if you call it
    Skipping Walt Disney World in 2014.
    And 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, etc etc etc...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    The difference being, you could always go buy more tickets if you wanted to. .
    Now, I may be a “glass half full” kind of person (or more like, “Hey look! There’s water!” )… but let’s not forget you certainly can go on rides more than once. Even E ticket rides. No one is limited to ride just once because you only have one FP+ for that ride. There is always the stand-by queue.

I really have no desire to go to WDW this year.. I still don't plan my meal times in advance (WDW, can't you trust I will buy your food while I'm there?) and I have no intentions of locking in my park days and times with a fastpass for the 1 attraction it will require. My day plans could change with the weather. I hope they sort this out..
    From what I am reading, you can change your FP+ rides, times, and even park you want to go to using your MDE app or kiosks placed around the parks (yes, I read about the glitches and it’s unfortunate). I am reading you can do this day of on your smartphone so you are not "locked in" permanently.

Now you tell me it's REACTIVE to object to being told I can't take my family to both attractions in the same day without using the (only a fool would) standby line?
    Stand-by lines are not always that long. We have often had normal FPs for rides and realized we didn’t even really need them. Again, using apps on your smartphone you can view wait times in the park you are currently in as well as other parks, and make the best plan of action for your day. Morning EMH are always good for getting on must-do rides.

Again, not saying the concerns are not valid… just making sure that we let others know (first time readers) that there are options with FP+. No one is “locked in” to only one E ticket ride per day…
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Our vacations were also much cheaper and we also go to do less attractiongs and shows than we do today.

I remember the days of 2 hour waits for the big attractions before fast passes, and you were only able to do 3 or 4 things in a day. If things ever get back to that, I'll take my money elsewhere.

The more and more Disney screws this Fast Pass + up, the more I'm inclined to go somewhere else.

I'm a planner, I have to be with my job. I've got spreadsheets detailing everything I have to do at work, it's essential to getting my job done correctly.

I do not want to have to do this for my vacation.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, less people deciding not to come is more open things for my family to do as locals

I'm quite frustrated by the new DAS. We finally went this past weekend, and my son who is ASD among other things, always gets the GAC/new DAS.
    You can only get ONE thing at a time. You CAN however utilize the paper fast passes.

The down fall is, if wait times are already big, and we are written to come back no sooner than one hour, then I get a paper pass for an attraction that is at least an hour as well, we still have an hour chunk of time.

For my son, this is VERY difficult because generally with the old GAC we could go then, do some things and leave. Which worked well because he was done with the crowds after a few hours.
    It was a fun day but at the same time frustrating because he just didn't get coming back.

So at least with the bands/new FP+ you can pick a few things at a time.

I did read in my Mickey Monitor that I got yesterday that bands are coming for AP holders in 2014. Then it will be easier I think. That way I CAN plan the things to do and go around that time
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't the attraction I would feel locked into. It would be the park.. if it's sunny and warm in December I may go to a water park instead of Epcot on a particular day.
    I don't want to have to follow a fastpass plan during my vacation. Personally, if I go now I won't bother with fast pass at all because I don't organize my trip that way. I'll wait in line or not ride.

As far as having waited in line for years.. that was good and well at the time, but Disney improved it with fastpass and has left us all wondering why they would go backwards?
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as having waited in line for years.. that was good and well at the time, but Disney improved it with fastpass and has left us all wondering why they would go backwards?
    So true.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10