Quantcast New FP process-my 2 cents.... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Oh they will, but at a fee. Right now if you want to park hop, you pay a fee for that option, I have no doubt a fee based system will emerge allowing you to gain FP access when you park hop. Not satisfied with just 3 FP per day, guess what, a new package option will allow you to pay and upgrade to a higher level, get the plus option and remove the tier system and ride all you want.

Its coming, don't know when, but if there's money to grab someone will figure out how to do it, this is just the calm before the storm.
    Of course. Does anyone think WDW spent $2 billion dollars on this just to improve your park experience?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ......guess that's why Hollywood seems to be doing remakes of classic ....and not-so-classic movies from the past? The originality and imagination needle has been registering on "E" for quite some time ....across the board.
    Robocop

Post Thanks / Like

Robocop
    ....yes ...I noticed that too ...and then ...each time that promo hits the TV ....I try to 'un-notice" it.

....wouldn't be surprised to see an add for "Ocean's 23" ...starring Brad Pitt's, Matt Damon's, Andy Garcia's, and Julia Roberts' grand-kids

....seems like the "Era of Limited Imagination" marches on!! ( ...that's not gonna' be WDW's next 'promotion' ...is it? )
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

.... seems like the "Era of Limited Imagination" marches on!! ( ...that's not gonna' be WDW's next 'promotion' ...is it? )
    um . . . Next?

Thought that was last year's promotion.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    I still think they should treat all guests the same, and only allow FPs the day of. The only advantage for on-site guests would be to be able to use their smartphones, and not a kiosk.

Since they are not going to do this, they need to seriously loom at removing the tiers, allow park hopping, and allow for at least 5 per day.
    I still think that staying onsite deserves more perks... EMH is nice but I hate getting up early on vacation ... on our next trip there are only 2 nightly EMH's are available the whole week we are there.
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh they will, but at a fee. Right now if you want to park hop, you pay a fee for that option, I have no doubt a fee based system will emerge allowing you to gain FP access when you park hop. Not satisfied with just 3 FP per day, guess what, a new package option will allow you to pay and upgrade to a higher level, get the plus option and remove the tier system and ride all you want.

Its coming, don't know when, but if there's money to grab someone will figure out how to do it, this is just the calm before the storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    Of course. Does anyone think WDW spent $2 billion dollars on this just to improve your park experience?

.....well ...perhaps sooner than later? There are some rapidly spreading rumors on the net that before years end, testing of a system will be rolled out as benefits to Disney Resort Guests (and also for purchase)...for added FP+s. Something like $10 per lower tier and $15 for upper tier ...but still ...you can't 'double' a ride (get a 'free FP+ for Soarin' ...and buy another .....for Soarin' at another time on that day). And those prices are per person per ride!!

....Disney always stated that FP+ was a 'free' benefit ...and if this plays out as many feel it would ...they can still say it's free ...but only the first 3. Which would kind of make it ...'semi-free" (sorry ...but there ain't a darn thing in this world that's really "free")

...and ...I don't think they (Disney) are really worried by potential criticism ...because Universal sells Express Pass for something like $60 above regular ticket price.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

.....well ...perhaps sooner than later? There are some rapidly spreading rumors on the net that before years end, testing of a system will be rolled out as benefits to Disney Resort Guests (and also for purchase)...for added FP+s. Something like $10 per lower tier and $15 for upper tier ...but still ...you can't 'double' a ride (get a 'free FP+ for Soarin' ...and buy another .....for Soarin' at another time on that day). And those prices are per person per ride!!
    Yeah, you already linked your tickets, your accommodations and the credit card on file for charging privileges. All you have to do Is swipe your band for these perks. It's easy to do and you'll hardly feel the money coming out of your wallet!

That's some resort perk!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    I still think that staying onsite deserves more perks... EMH is nice but I hate getting up early on vacation ... on our next trip there are only 2 nightly EMH's are available the whole week we are there.
    When they get rid of EMH all together, it will be a real perk that as a resort guest you can schedule the rides before your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JerseyDad;2397396 (sorry ...but there ain't a darn thing in this world that's really "free")

[/QUOTE]

Uh huh....those little mickey stickers CMs give out are free!!
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Yeah, you already linked your tickets, your accommodations and the credit card on file for charging privileges. All you have to do Is swipe your band for these perks. It's easy to do and you'll hardly feel the money coming out of your wallet!

That's some resort perk!
    ....yes ....that's the inherent 'danger' of credit cards & debit cards linked to the KTTW and now Magic Bands. You never 'see' the money fly out of your wallet....... until you get your end of month statement.

......for that reason, on our last trip ...we actually used cash for many in-park purchases. It helps you keep expenditures in perspective, and ...I was amused by the look on the CM's faces ...when they were handed "real money".
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a seasoned WDW visitor, but I have not experienced the new FP system yet.

I don't look forward to making appointments to have fun in the parks. We stopped eating at certain places when they created the ADR system. And now with having to plan the rides ahead of time, it feels more like "work" than play to visit WDW.

It reminds me of a guided tour a friend took while in Egypt some years ago. The tour allowed one hour to "shop in the souks" and then you have one hour to gaze at the Pyramids before the bus took you on to the next attraction. She said she went to Egypt, but never really saw it.

Will that be the way WDW visitors experience the World in the future?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: