Quantcast Amazing Race 24 - All Stars - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    And from a strategic stand point, I'd rather go forward knowing that even if I don't need it or use it, that I at least have the option of using the u-turn, to save myself from elimination, rather than using it to simply stroke my ego and win a prize.
    I totally respect that you are quite the student of this game, but we'll have to agree to disagree here. Just don't see it this way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice one

I liked the use of the U-turn to win the prize, and I agree with others, this whole let's all work together reminds me a bit of a Survivor type alliance-I mean you agree to final 4 and then someone has to go? I'll be glad when it isn't all buddy buddy. I'm also so pleased that the attitude of the Afghanimals has changed so much since their last run.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Was definitely sad to see the Globetrotters go...
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I totally respect that you are quite the student of this game, but we'll have to agree to disagree here. Just don't see it this way.
    I totally understand, that's why I said I'm usually in the minority on this one.

It just always amazes me though how many teams use the u-turn emotionally rather than strategically. So many times its "they hurt my feelings, so now I'm going to fix them good" and they make their decisions without any long-term thoughts for how the Race might play out.

I understand in this case there was a prize at the end of the tunnel, so yeah if its that important go for it, but then why u-turn Dave/Connor and not the Cowboys? Yeah, D/C were behind them, but the EP would have given the Cowboys the potential to pass them. I think Rachel saw this, but Brendon I think got wrapped up in a *** for tat argument with the boys and couldn't get past it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I liked the use of the U-turn to win the prize, and I agree with others, this whole let's all work together reminds me a bit of a Survivor type alliance-I mean you agree to final 4 and then someone has to go? I'll be glad when it isn't all buddy buddy. I'm also so pleased that the attitude of the Afghanimals has changed so much since their last run.
    Reminds me of S10 six pack alliance of Cho brothers, Kentucky (Dave/Mary) and Bama (Lynn/Karlyn).

Dave and Connor are like the Cho's - lets just stop, wait and help everyone and be this big happy group.

Country girls are like Kentucky - you just wonder how they could even make it to the Race's start line much less do anything else

Afghanimals are like Bama - stunned that teams are stopping to help them, but what the heck, if they offer will take it, play along, but first opportunity that its not in our favor, good-bye.

I don't necessarily mind teams working together, but there is a fine line between working together and one team simply passing on the answer to other teams, and there has been too much of that this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I actually agree about Brenchel being sort of dumb using the U-Turn there. They were way out in front and I don't think they needed to do it. There's a lot of baggage that comes with a U-Turn (as evidenced from next week's previews ) and using it when it isn't absolutely necessary is a bad strategic decision IMO.

It doesn't excuse Dave's whining by any means, though. I also found all the love the Afghanimals were heaping on Dave and Connor for being classy a tad overdone.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This was my least favorite episode of TAR ever. Just race!

Oh, and dumb blondes, you aren't anyone's 'girls.' You're just a weak team everyone wants to go against in the final. I bet they won't even be able to figure out that's the case (if the time comes) when no one helps them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't stand Dave and Connor whining over the fact they got overturned. so they need people on their side to team up against Brendon & Rachel.

Can't stand the fact that it was another non-elimination and the blondes were saved again because of that. Producers seem to have a thing for them.

Can't stand the fact just that the afghanimals are still there.

DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    Can't stand Dave and Connor whining over the fact they got overturned. so they need people on their side to team up against Brendon & Rachel.

Can't stand the fact that it was another non-elimination and the blondes were saved again because of that. Producers seem to have a thing for them.

Can't stand the fact just that the afghanimals are still there.

There are 12 legs on the Race, 5 teams remaining and this was the 9th leg. The math pretty much guaranteed that either the 9th or 10th leg would be non-elimination or continuation. Right from the beginning this leg had the feeling of non-elimination, so despite the loser music at the end, I wasn't fooled.

I don't get all that worked up over Dave. Brenchel were morons for using it them anyway. Even at the start of the Race in confessional Rachel says they have only one goal and that is to win the Race, while at the same time Brendon is saying they only u-turned them for one reason only, to win that leg. The two strategizes don't synch, u-turning Dave/Connor did nothing to help Brenchel's long-term strategy to win.

This was an incredibly heavily edited episode. Teams actually had a lot of down time, the train to Switzerland, hanging around the William Tell statue, the gondola rides, car rides, all of which were conducive for production to ask and solicit certain types of questions and answers. I thought it was pretty obvious that a lot of comments directed at Brenchel, or by comparison Brenchel back at them, were prompted by questions from production. It gave them a lot of material to splice in.

Definitely a strange episode. No detour task, something very rare and in almost any other leg the Cowboys would have and should have been eliminated, falling what looked like 4 hours or more behind the other teams.

Nobody seemed all that worried this leg, makes me wonder if teams suspected a non-elim leg.

From here on out, should be elimination the next two legs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Oh, and dumb blondes, you aren't anyone's 'girls.' You're just a weak team everyone wants to go against in the final. I bet they won't even be able to figure out that's the case (if the time comes) when no one helps them anymore.
    Yes, yes, yes! They have only gotten by on favors and dumb luck (pun intended). I said to Dave that it was going to a non-elim and he said no-way; wish I had been wrong!

Anyone else wonder if Dave was going to come up injured after jumping and tripping over that rope? And who do you think Leo and Jamal will U-turn in the next leg?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    And who do you think Leo and Jamal will U-turn in the next leg?
    Cowboys.

They may not like Brenchel, but I think (again as shown tonight) they view the Cowboys as their biggest threat and Afghanimals aren't stupid, when push comes to shove I think they'll abandon the alliance and due what's best for themselves.

Then again, we don't know if the Afghanimals are the first team to the u-turn. Dave/Connor and Brenchel can't use it, so its possible they were both already there. Cowboys are the one team I could see getting their first and choosing not to use it.

Logic would say that it has to be either the Cowboys or Brenchel, the other two teams wouldn't make much sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Cowboys.

They may not like Brenchel, but I think (again as shown tonight) they view the Cowboys as their biggest threat and Afghanimals aren't stupid, when push comes to shove I think they'll abandon the alliance and due what's best for themselves.
    Have to say that I agree with you.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping with all hopes that if leo and jamal get to that U-turn they won't ( I know crazy) turn the Cowboys. But I have a feeling they certainly will.

I'm sure if they Cowboys get to the U-turn first, they would not use it. But leo and jamal know they Cowboys are their biggest threat so it seems likely that will be their choice.

The blondes should have already been gone, not sure why the producers of the show want to keep them there.

Father and son whiners need to just man up and accept that they got u-turned in the previous and not go looking for everyone to be on their side and go against the team that u-turned them. And if I have to hear one more time that he is 60 years old...OK...we get it...Just do the race then.

Sorry for the rant.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

Father and son whiners need to just man up and accept that they got u-turned in the previous and not go looking for everyone to be on their side and go against the team that u-turned them. And if I have to hear one more time that he is 60 years old...OK...we get it...Just do the race then
    He must know that he is not the oldest person to run the race, right?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

The blondes should have already been gone, not sure why the producers of the show want to keep them there.

Father and son whiners need to just man up and accept that they got u-turned in the previous and not go looking for everyone to be on their side and go against the team that u-turned them. And if I have to hear one more time that he is 60 years old...OK...we get it...Just do the race then.

Sorry for the rant.
    I agree Country Girls need to go, but there are 12 legs on the Race and 3 of them are pre-determined non-elimination or continuation points. I don't think there is anything production is doing to interfere with their sticking around. Honestly, falling 4-5 hours behind getting the train, the Cowboys should have been eliminated or finished last, not the girls, they just got lucky that there was a designed bunching at a route marker opening.

Honestly, Dave just doesn't bother me that much. Maybe I just go so used to the tendon/cancer stuff leading up to the Brenchel flair up that I don't think its any big deal. You could tell, especially this last episode, that teams were definitely asked loaded questions designed to get the responses that were edited in. I would prefer to see the girls go next then Dave/Connor but I won't lose any sleep if D/C make F3.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scenery

Well lots of the team stuff has already been discussed but how amazing were all those gondola rides? I would have been freaked in that small one. I actually think my parents may have done a couple of those while visiting Lucerne a couple years ago. Amazing breathtaking episode just for that.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Well lots of the team stuff has already been discussed but how amazing were all those gondola rides? I would have been freaked in that small one. I actually think my parents may have done a couple of those while visiting Lucerne a couple years ago. Amazing breathtaking episode just for that.
    We couldn't decide if the gondolas were equal in ride times or if one gondola maybe was a quicker ride but further from the milk station. It seemed like Cord might have been in his longer than Connor, but then had a shorter hike. Hard to tell with the editing.

But yeah, incredible views.

Post Thanks / Like

We couldn't decide if the gondolas were equal in ride times or if one gondola maybe was a quicker ride but further from the milk station. It seemed like Cord might have been in his longer than Connor, but then had a shorter hike. Hard to tell with the editing.

But yeah, incredible views.
    This was one of my favorite shows because Switzerland is SO GORGEOUS. I hope they stay there for one more leg. Awesome scenery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Middle of the Map View Post
    This was one of my favorite shows because Switzerland is SO GORGEOUS. I hope they stay there for one more leg. Awesome scenery.
    Sadly, it appears the next leg moves on to Spain

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, it appears the next leg moves on to Spain
    Well,that country is gorgeous too. Especially the people

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: