Quantcast Best Off Site Hotels

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much all of the Hilton brand hotels in the area are great. There are some across the street from Downtown Disney, some in the Lake Buena Vista area and a number of them on International Drive. I have stayed at several of them and don't have a complaint about any. They have all been far better than staying onsite at a Value and inline or better than Moderates depending on brand and location. Many also include free breakfast and some include free cocktails in the evening.

We stayed at the LaQuinta close to the Convention Center on International drive a couple of years ago because we brought our little dog and they allow pets for free. It was just fine and included breakfast.

I like International Drive locations because you can walk to numerous restaurants as well as other things to do.

Post Thanks / Like

We stay 'offsite' at the Dolphin which is actually onsite and enjoys all the Disney transportation options and is within walking distance to EPCOT and DHS.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

But what about many of the perks of staying on property? Do you notice missing out on those?

Post Thanks / Like

For the money and the BETTER than Disney Deluxe accommodations, Wyndham Bonnet Creek cannot be beaten. You can get a week in a 2BR suite for about $100-$120 per night. It is literally a 5 minute drive to Boardwalk and DHS, maybe 7 minutes to Epcot, and 10 minutes tops to MK and AK.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead501 View Post
    But what about many of the perks of staying on property? Do you notice missing out on those?
    We avoid the park that has extra magic hours and go to a different one so that perk has no value to us. We also despise being locked down by dining reservations and never make them so that one is out too. The only one to consider really is the stupid 60 day vs. 30 day window for FP+ but I have made up my mind that if the day comes where I have to reserve ride times two months ahead to be able to have a good time, I will just stop going but it is something that most people will want to take into consideration when making plans to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    For the money and the BETTER than Disney Deluxe accommodations, Wyndham Bonnet Creek cannot be beaten. You can get a week in a 2BR suite for about $100-$120 per night. It is literally a 5 minute drive to Boardwalk and DHS, maybe 7 minutes to Epcot, and 10 minutes tops to MK and AK.
    I agree. I will also add a comment related to the drive times: When we stay offsite, we honestly drive from our hotel or house into WDW, park in the parking lot and get to the entrance of the park in less time than it often takes to weave through the giant WDW resorts and find the bus stop and then wait for a bus to arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

As for the perks you miss, there are only 2 that come to mind.

1. You do not get EMH. More than half the time, it is in the morning which is only a 1 hour benefit. Not worth it because we would avoid that any way.

2. You cannot use Stormalong Bay. That is a perk that is only afforded to people staying at BC/YC.

There is nothing else resort guests get over non-resort guests.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: