I'm excited for the changes, and if you think that Disney introducing "tech" into the Disney Experience is removing the magic, then I don't know what to tell you. For years here on Intercot, there has been a loud group lamenting the fact that Disney was stagnant, not keeping up with Universal, content to not upgrade anything, etc, etc. But then when they introduce new rides, new technologies, change shows and experiences, people complain that the "magic is gone" because it is not the Walt Disney World that you have known and loved. What's a company to do?

We went in May, and had a really nice time. It was a different sort of trip, as we were staying off-site, there were no fireworks, no buffets, no Fast Passes, etc. But it was still great. I actually really like the Virtual Queue system for the really popular rides. I am unconvinced about the Genie app actually working like they say it will...I mean, if it is supposed to tell you when the rides you want have low waiting times, and it notifies you, it's also notifying everyone else who wants to ride it and...bam!...there go your short wait times. So, for Disney, this will probably be a home run as it will eventually average out wait times all over the parks.

The tech has indeed gotten better, and am SO HAPPY that FP+ is gone. I'm even cool with them charging $15/day for the Lightning Lane access. I am, however, very disappointed that they are upcharging on their upcharges for Lightning Lane access to the most popular rides. I'm also not happy that they're removing free PhotoPass for AP holders.

We have a trip coming up in January, just the wife and I, and we're staying at the Polynesian for 8 days. It's my bucket list hotel. I've been wanting to stay there for 20 years. I can't wait.