Quantcast Hair braiding anywhere in the world

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

I'm not really sure where i should post this but...I have friends who are going to WDW in June and haven't been in ten years. Anyway, one of my friends wanted to know if there is anywhere she can get her braided in the world. I told her I'd ask the experts...So does anyone know, I was thinking maybe the CBR but I have never heard anything about it before. Thanks in advance for any input. mandy
    VISITS<br />1987-Offsite<br />1988-offsite<br />1990-offsite<br />1992-Dixie Landings (PO riverside)<br />1996-Dixie Landings (PO riverside)<br />2001-All Star Music<br />2001-Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure<br />2002-??????<br /><br />-"Please Stand Clear of the Doors. Por favor mentgense alejados de las puertas."WDW Monorail<br /><br />-"Okay folks,look the show is all the way across town but I got you a really fast car." Rockin' Rollercoaster<br /><br />True illuminations fan!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I have seen quite a few times a hair braiding stand right by the pool at the CBR (kind of in between the Yacht Club and CBR to be exact). It's on the beach side, and the last few times I've been in that area I've seen it there. So I would imagine it's still there!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Trips:
    1975 - Present: Disney well over 50 times (I lost count around 30). Most of 1975 - 1993 was spent in Fort Wilderness, with the occasional stay at the Polynesian. Since than, stayed at every resort in Disney except for the Grand Floridian (waiting to get married for that one :) ). Not a massive Disney merchandise fan, but Disney World is my #1 place in the world :) As I'm sure most of you do, I know the place like the back of my hand, every nook and cranny!

Post Thanks / Like

You also might want to try the pool at OKW in the afternoon. They usually will have someone there.

Steve
    May 83- Off Property<br />Nov 86- Hilton<br />Nov 87- Hilton<br />Nov 88- Contemporary<br />Nov 89- Contemporary<br />Nov 90- Contemporary<br />Nov 91- Contemporary<br />Apr 92- Old Key West (DVC)<br />Dec 92- Old Key West (DVC)<br />May 93- Old Key West (DVC)<br />July 93- Old Key West (DVC)<br />Nov 93- Old Key West (DVC)<br />July 94- Old Key West (DVC)<br />Nov 95- Old Key West (DVC)<br />Nov 96- Old Key West (DVC)<br />July 97- Old Key West (DVC)<br />Nov 98- Old Key West (DVC)<br />May 99- Old Key West (Engagement)<br />October 00- Old Key West(Honeymoon)<br />Jan 01- Old Key West <br />July 01- Wilderness Lodge<br />Jun 1-8 02'- Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The only place that does braiding that i am aware of is the Castaway Cay, island off the Bahamas, where the Disney Cruise docked. If there is one at CBR, that is good to know! I didn't think WDW has any braiding, but it would make sense to have one at CBR. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Melinda

DH; DD(13); DS(9)
    DVC Owner: BWV, VWL, VB, SSR

Future Trip: August 2006
    WDW and Double CC Disney Cruise

Past Trips: 8/05 DL and 14 day Repo Cruise;
    12/04 BCV/SSR/Wonder Cr; 1/04 WLV;

WL Flag Family 1/18/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yea, they defintely have it at the CBR, I've seen it there for the last couple years. As far as other places are concerned, I really don't know
    Trips:
    1975 - Present: Disney well over 50 times (I lost count around 30). Most of 1975 - 1993 was spent in Fort Wilderness, with the occasional stay at the Polynesian. Since than, stayed at every resort in Disney except for the Grand Floridian (waiting to get married for that one :) ). Not a massive Disney merchandise fan, but Disney World is my #1 place in the world :) As I'm sure most of you do, I know the place like the back of my hand, every nook and cranny!

Post Thanks / Like

They also do it outside on the deck (coming out from the main lobby) at POR.
    Mar.99,00,01,02-Dixie Landings Resort; Jan,2004 (9th-18th)- First DVC trip, Beach Club Villas; April,2005 7 days Boardwalk Villas and first Disney cruise on the Wonder!; June, 2006- First time on the Disney Magic, can't wait!!!!

Tinker-Brendie Guest

Cool

I can say with certainty that all three All Star resorts and CBR have HAIR WRAPPING services near the pool. As to braiding, I cannot say.
    [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ May 24, 2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Tinker-Brendie ]

Post Thanks / Like

If it can't be found at Disney, I did see it at the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel when we stayed there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure it's hair wrapping at CBR. I don't recall seeing any hair braiding.
    MaggieMouse<br /><br />June 2002 Caribbean Beach<br />Dec 2001 Caribbean Beach - Barbados<br />May 2000 Dixie Landings<br />May 1996 All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hair wrapping was available at PO/FQ also before it closed. I would hope it still is...
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

This is a unique subject that I don't think we've ever tackled before on Intercot! Moving this over to Vacation Planning--maybe they'll have a few more ideas!

Hang on to your ears, here we go.... [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I am about 90% sure when my daughter and I got our braids it was at the Magic Kingdom. I think right outside the Pirates of the Carribean. I think it was next to one of the gift shops. And I am almost sure because at the same time we were getting our braids, my step-sons were getting rings made.
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

I have also seen this at Typhoon Lagoon. It was by the towel rental shack.
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

These are great replies thanks guys...the only thing that worries me is that some might be getting the Hair wrapping confused witht he braiding????

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by AmyKane:
    I am about 90% sure when my daughter and I got our braids it was at the Magic Kingdom. I think right outside the Pirates of the Carribean. I think it was next to one of the gift shops. And I am almost sure because at the same time we were getting our braids, my step-sons were getting rings made.
    How long ago was this?? Was it recently??
    VISITS<br />1987-Offsite<br />1988-offsite<br />1990-offsite<br />1992-Dixie Landings (PO riverside)<br />1996-Dixie Landings (PO riverside)<br />2001-All Star Music<br />2001-Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure<br />2002-??????<br /><br />-"Please Stand Clear of the Doors. Por favor mentgense alejados de las puertas."WDW Monorail<br /><br />-"Okay folks,look the show is all the way across town but I got you a really fast car." Rockin' Rollercoaster<br /><br />True illuminations fan!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My daughter had her hair wrapped with pretty beads in front of a shop in Animal Kingdom. It is near the entrance to Camp Minnie-Mickey. She wrapped from behind the ear to the full length which is long and lasted over a month. The first time it finally fell off - hair and all. Then last year I cut it out after about 4 weeks. The cost was $27-$28 and is charged by the inch and number of beads you pick.

[ May 24, 2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Minnieskirt ]
    5/98 Port Orleans
    5/99 WL & Poly
    12/00 Dixie Landings POR
    12/01 Coronado Springs
    6/03 BCV
    1/04 Contemporary & BCV marathon
    3/04 BCV & BWV & Polynesian
    1/05 BCV marathon
    3/05 BCV & Poly
    3/06 Old Key West
    8/06 BCV & Poly
    8/07 BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Beading/Braiding is done at the majority of the Resorts and/or Parks. Add the Polynesian Resort to the list. [img]smile.gif[/img]

More details can be found in this previous thread;
    http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-b...28&t=000051&p=
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

It was about 2 years ago that my daughter and I got our hair done.
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure about braiding, but I know most of the resorts and the parks do have hair wrapping. This is not the same! The hair wraps do have beads but the hair is wrapped in colored string, it is not braided. Maybe there is braiding somewhere but I have never seen it. I had my hair wrap at PO-Riverside out on the deck, no braiding is done there. My granddaughter had hers wrapped at Typhoon Lagoon and again there was no braiding there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, There is a place at The beach and yacht club the salon is called Periwig , I have my daughter an appointment with them for next week for hair braiding..
    here is the number, I hope this helps!

1-407-934-3260
    Mrsmom [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: