Originally posted by MrIMAX:
Thanks for the information Mufasa. Hopefully, I will be able to work with you in a few years.

Does my experience in projection (especially at IMAX), in a way, slightly help on my resume/application?

Also, should I start working at WDW as a Maintenance person before I apply?

Did my arguing with you over "how projection works" in the Philarmagic forum a month ago ruin my chances?
I think whatever unique skills/experiences you can bring definitely can only help your chances at landing a career with WDI. You'll never know when that one odd job or course you once took will be useful.

Any sort of position within the parks can definitely help your chances- it's good to get familiar with at least the operations within the theme parks but it's also not a requirement. You should be familiar with a bit about Disney, the history and the characters but you don't have to be a a super trivia buff either.

And I wouldn't say we were arguing how projection works over in the Phiharmagic forum- just providing different facets of information (besides, unfortunately I'm not in HR so ultimately I wouldn't have a lot of influence in the hiring process unless you were to join a project team I was a part of I suppose).