Quantcast Dole Whip?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Dole Whip?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWhuny View Post
    I don't want to upset anyone but, the local ice cream stand in my hometown sells Dole Whips in Pineapple everyday and another fruit flavor from March 1st through Thanksgiving.

I would think they are not the only ice cream stand to sell Dole Whip. Maybe you could contact Dole?
    Hi WDWhuny! WDW is certainly not the only place that you can find Dole Whip, but it does remain a relatively difficult to find treat... All any ice cream stand needs to sell Dole Whip is a soft serve machine and the Dole Whip mix, but I don't think that a lot of places sell it because it would take one of their machines away from serving real soft-serve ice cream (the fruit-flavored whips being a lactose-free product that is neither frozen ice cream nor frozen yogurt).

If there was a lot of competition among ice cream joints in a given city, I'd think that offering Dole Whip might be good for one of the operators to offer as a little bit of differentiation...

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'll definitely be trying one on our upcoming trip. I heard everyone rave about them before our last trip, but never actually tried one. Certainly won't let that happen again this time.
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cgriff View Post
    Hi WDWhuny! WDW is certainly not the only place that you can find Dole Whip, but it does remain a relatively difficult to find treat... All any ice cream stand needs to sell Dole Whip is a soft serve machine and the Dole Whip mix, but I don't think that a lot of places sell it because it would take one of their machines away from serving real soft-serve ice cream (the fruit-flavored whips being a lactose-free product that is neither frozen ice cream nor frozen yogurt).

If there was a lot of competition among ice cream joints in a given city, I'd think that offering Dole Whip might be good for one of the operators to offer as a little bit of differentiation...
    I had a Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation in Honolulu, Hawaii, three weeks ago! It didn't even occur to me that the plantation would have Dole Whips. I had only ever had Dole Whips at WDW which I always thought were only at Disney. You could also get a Dole Whip in the food court at the International Marketplace in Waikiki Beach at an ice cream stand selling Dole products.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I love the half dole whip/half vanilla! Yum...only they don't have sprinkles anymore. We were told they found them too messy but not sure that is the real reason. I actually have a little container of disney sprinkles that I keep in my purse for my grandson. Now I also use them for us on our dole whips!
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdventurerKim View Post
    I had a Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation in Honolulu, Hawaii, three weeks ago! It didn't even occur to me that the plantation would have Dole Whips. I had only ever had Dole Whips at WDW which I always thought were only at Disney. You could also get a Dole Whip in the food court at the International Marketplace in Waikiki Beach at an ice cream stand selling Dole products.
    We had one at the Dole Plantation too! We were there about a week and a half ago, and was so glad I tried one. I'm not a big pineapple fan and was worried I wouldn't like it, but it was delicious!!

Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: