Quantcast Disney tells salaried and non-union employees in the U.S. they must be vaccinated

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post

The news about ventilators and makeshift hospitals was a lot of hype. As a country, we never reached the crisis that the media was going on about.
    Exactly. We are nowhere even close to a crisis now either but the media sure does play it up. My position on this past year and a half is this....If a disease like Covid 19 with such a low death rate put our healthcare system in the crisis that the media portrays, we will be in big trouble if a real crisis ever comes along. If our hospitals had truly been overloaded, we need to take a real hard look at how to be prepared for a real crisis and how hospitals should handle them.

The first step would be to stop allowing people to use the Emergency rooms as their personal doctor. The Emergency rooms have been overloaded for one reason and one reason only. It is because the media has the people that will listen to them, terrified that if they caught covid they will die in a few days so they run to the emergency room every time they feel simply tired. The other thing they should not have done is admit everyone that walks through the door and tests positive for covid. Unless they are in respiratory distress, send them home to rest. There......I just solved most of the problems with the load on our hospitals. lol

2. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Exactly. We are nowhere even close to a crisis now either but the media sure does play it up. My position on this past year and a half is this....If a disease like Covid 19 with such a low death rate put our healthcare system in the crisis that the media portrays, we will be in big trouble if a real crisis ever comes along. If our hospitals had truly been overloaded, we need to take a real hard look at how to be prepared for a real crisis and how hospitals should handle them.

The first step would be to stop allowing people to use the Emergency rooms as their personal doctor. The Emergency rooms have been overloaded for one reason and one reason only. It is because the media has the people that will listen to them, terrified that if they caught covid they will die in a few days so they run to the emergency room every time they feel simply tired. The other thing they should not have done is admit everyone that walks through the door and tests positive for covid. Unless they are in respiratory distress, send them home to rest. There......I just solved most of the problems with the load on our hospitals. lol
    You left out the part that vaccines are a safe and effective way to help prevent the spread of Covid and that those individuals going to hospitals would have one less worry if they are vaccinated. Look at that….I just helped end the pandemic.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

4. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes Wayne liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    You left out the part that vaccines are a safe and effective way to help prevent the spread of Covid and that those individuals going to hospitals would have one less worry if they are vaccinated. Look at that….I just helped end the pandemic.
    If you get get the virus, vaxed or not, then what is the point of the shot? I realize if you get a flu shot, you can still get the flu. But how many people do you know that get the MMR shot and come down with with measles, mumps or rubella? I'm vaxed, but this is America buddy and you've got freedom of choice here. The media and the Biden administration are way overhyping this virus. I know someone who died of COVID in the last month, but I've also had five other friends or acquaintances die of no-COVID cause over the course of the summer. If you want to live your life in a bubble then be my guest, but life is too short for me not to live a fearless life.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

6. Dislikes Wayne disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    If you get get the virus, vaxed or not, then what is the point of the shot? I realize if you get a flu shot, you can still get the flu. But how many people do you know that get the MMR shot and come down with with measles, mumps or rubella? I'm vaxed, but this is America buddy and you've got freedom of choice here. The media and the Biden administration are way overhyping this virus. I know someone who died of COVID in the last month, but I've also had five other friends or acquaintances die of no-COVID cause over the course of the summer. If you want to live your life in a bubble then be my guest, but life is too short for me not to live a fearless life.
    So if I understand you correctly you are saying that the only thing the vaccine does is vastly lowers the risk of you from dying from Covid but you can still get Covid. Seems like a good reason to get the vaccine to me. You know....since not dying is better than dying.

Again...again...again...the vaccine is a safe and effective way to help prevent the spread of Covid and individuals that are able to get it should get it as soon as possible.

8. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    So if I understand you correctly you are saying that the only thing the vaccine does is vastly lowers the risk of you from dying from Covid but you can still get Covid. Seems like a good reason to get the vaccine to me. You know....since not dying is better than dying.

Again...again...again...the vaccine is a safe and effective way to help prevent the spread of Covid and individuals that are able to get it should get it as soon as possible.
    Get the vax, don't get it...whatever! It should be an individual's choice, not a government mandate. NY State is slated to loose over 100k healthcare workers this week because of the mandate. People that were called heroes a year ago are now reviled by the right? It makes no sense! These mandates certainly won't help our US unemployment rate and Joe Biden can't take any more bad news!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Get the vax, don't get it...whatever! It should be an individual's choice, not a government mandate. NY State is slated to loose over 100k healthcare workers this week because of the mandate. People that were called heroes a year ago are now reviled by the right? It makes no sense! These mandates certainly won't help our US unemployment rate and Joe Biden can't take any more bad news!
    I am not seeing where this is not a choice? You can choose to take the safe and effective vaccine to help stop the spread of Covid and end this pandemic or you can chose to not get it and as a result deal with the consequences. Those consequences may be minor or non-excistant depending on where you live. Or....they can result in job loss or death. But you still have a choice.

I cannot stress enough that every person eligible should get this vaccine as soon as possible to help end this pandemic. Debates the merits of our States and Federal Government being able to mandate a vaccine after. This vaccine is proven safe and effective. Get is done.

11. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you get get the virus, vaxed or not, then what is the point of the shot? I realize if you get a flu shot, you can still get the flu. But how many people do you know that get the MMR shot and come down with with measles, mumps or rubella?
    I can't help myself.

That's akin to asking, "Why wear seatbelts if I can still die while wearing one?" Because it is protective, but not 100% preventative. It can't keep the virus from entering your body, but it makes it a LOT harder to get sick, and even harder to get "I need to go to the hospital" sick.

I mean, birth control isn't 100% effective. Does that mean that someone who doesn't want to get pregnant shouldn't even bother?

You get vaccinated to help build up protection for yourself and society. To make it harder for the virus to continue to find a safe haven with which to mutate into something even worse. Yes, people certainly should be free to choose for themselves whether or not to get the vaccine. HOWEVER, with choices come consequences, and you must also accept those consequences. In this case, that could mean unemployment, a change in lifestyle (not being allowed to attend certain events, travel, etc), and even hospitalization and death. Freedom allows you to make the choice, but it does not allow you to change the consequences of that choice.

And, yes, in many places the hospitals are in crisis. My wife is a surgeon. She's not an ER doc, but she is on-call every 3rd night to deal with anything surgical. Ruptured appendix, trauma, etc. The hospital here is full of COVID patients. The surrounding hospitals are as well. The problem with this is that COVID patients don't exactly "turn over" very quickly....they stay in the hospital for weeks as compared to a lot of other types of hospitalization which usually requires just a few days. So, now, if I have a heart attack and have to go to the ER, and the hospital is full, they'll try to transfer me somewhere else. But the hospitals in the next closest town are also full (my wife also works there), so they'll look farther-afield. They might have to transport me to Richmond, Charlotte, or who knows how far. I know that she has had hospitals that are 6 hours away calling her trying to get their patients transferred here because they have no room. They are starting to cancel what they call "non-emergent" surgeries because they have no place to put them for recovery. Guess what is considered "non-emergent"? Cancer. Yep. You got a tumor in your liver or breast? Sorry, we can't operate on you because Joe "Fox News" Jones thinks that the government wants to track him so they've concocted this elaborate hoax just to put a microchip in his bloodstream and now he has COVID and is slowly suffocating upstairs.

And we actually have a 60% vaccination rate. 95% of the COVID patients in our hospital are unvaccinated. I can only imagine what it's like in our surrounding states which are far worse off...West Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, etc.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

13. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I can't help myself.
    I figured you couldn't! None of us are immortal, you are correct. Your TDS is showing.
    Beth & David

15. Dislikes PopPhan disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your TDS is showing.
    I honestly don't know what that means.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I honestly don't know what that means.
    It is an attempted political insult on a forum and topic about Disney mandating safe and effective vaccines for all Disney employees. It adds no substance to the debate / discussion and more than likely has no basis in fact but it does allow the reader to gauge the posters level of maturity.

PS - And I sound like a broken record....please get the vaccine as soon as possible to help end this pandemic.

18. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: