Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
They really have run out of ideas, haven't they?
Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking.

This is pathetic.

And before everyone asks me why I say that ... here's why:

• #1, this is clearly something that's going to be done for next to no money. Another example of Disney filling empty space that used to be occupied by a great attraction (i.e. Superstar Studio) with cheap-o filler.
  • It continues the trend of too many new attractions being shows or movies. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... WHERE ARE THE DARK RIDES??
  • It's not their own idea. They once again went out and drew in someone else's intellectual property when so many of their own successful properties are still underexposed in the theme parks. I don't go to Disney World to see American Idol ... I go to see Disney characters, Disney properties, or at a very minimum ideas and concepts that feel Disney (i.e. Indy, Star Wars, etc.).
  • It's going to be exclusionary. Only people who can sing or have a desire to make fools of themselves (of which I am neither) will be able to enjoy the attraction.
Maybe I'm overreacting and I'll feel better about it after I have time to digest it, but right now I hate it.

To me this represents the lowest Disney World has sunk to date in terms of new attractions. And that includes all the recent disasters like Stitch, Imagination, and Spaceship Earth. At least those pretended to be original!