Quantcast Disney MGM Studios To Become Disney/Pixar Studios {Rumour} - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad idea.

If the name was changed, would anything related to production companies other than Disney/Pixar be pulled? -- MGM, LucasFilms, etc.?

Maybe something like "Disney's Hollywood Park" would be more appropriate? That would allow for all studios to be included and options for expansion.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
    Well, I don't think it makes sense to call it "Disney Studios", considering there already is an actual, working Disney Studios in Burbank. It would be confusing to have the real, working non-theme-park one confused with a not-really-a-studio-any-more-but-definitely-a-theme-park
    in Orlando. MGM could benefit from a name change in the future, but it should be something distinct, perhaps, from an already existing property in the Disney family.
    Well, they could rename the park "Walt Disney Studios, Florida". That's one way that they could prevent such confusion from occurring.

And disneygeek18, there is absolutely no reason to lose any hope in Disney, especially since Eisner is finally out of the picture. And NOBODY is forgetting about Mickey, Goofy, etc nor who they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about the name changing to PIXAR. Worry about Block Party Bash actually coming to WDW. My wife and I saw it at DL last year, and it Stinks. It is really boring, lots of animatronic characters, few real characters, and a very long wait for the parade if you're at the end. If we lose Stars and MotorCars for BBB, that will be the real trajedy.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard from very reliable sources that the Motorcars is travelling overseas and we will be getting Block Party Bash at the studios
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

It's all a matter of opinion. I loved Block Party Bash. Very fun. And lots of people love it. I think, however, that the Stars and Motorcars Parade is far more appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

This is yet another example of this park's identity crisis. I agree with those that say that Disney/Pixar won't fit with what the park is actually about, but neither does the MGM brand (nor the giant hat). Think about it, how many things that exist at the park actually have anything to do with MGM? There are a few scenes in the Great Movie Ride that were originally MGM properties, but those movie rights are now owned by other companies. Then there is the Lucas brand along with Jim Henson (now owned by Disney), and the thrill rides on Sunset Boulevard that have nothing to do with anything Disney. The fact is that the park is a mesh of several different brands with no cohesive identity. Maybe the idea of changing it to Disney/Pixar is to give it a clear direction in which to go in the future. Toy Story Mania could just be the beginning of the many Pixar attractions that might appear at the park in the future. I'm not saying that I like the idea. I think that Pixar is getting more than enough attention at WDW right now, but a move to fill the park with numerous Pixar attractions wouldn't surprise me when considering the current Disney management.

I think that Disney Studios, Florida is a fine name for the park because it would allow for a more diverse set of attraction themes while still keeping with the spirit of what the park was originally intended to be about.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
    I loved Block Party Bash. Very fun. And lots of people love it.

I'm glad it's (supposedly) coming to Florida. Stars and Motor Cars has run it's course, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgetting for a moment where it is....how can you say the Sorcerer Hat does not fit in Disney-Mgm Studios? It represents Walt Disney's masterpiece, and by all accounts a movie he was extremely proud of. Why doesn't that fit in the Disney-MGM Studios?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Forgetting for a moment where it is....how can you say the Sorcerer Hat does not fit in Disney-Mgm Studios? It represents Walt Disney's masterpiece, and by all accounts a movie he was extremely proud of. Why doesn't that fit in the Disney-MGM Studios?

I admit I didn't like the hat at first. The entire theme of the park was great, and the "weenie" ("castle") as Mann's Chinese was great...and then they dropped this big cartoonish hat in the middle! But after thinking about it a bit, I realized that Mann's Chinese was not a "castle" they could market as a Disney image. I mean, it would be confusing, and the image doesn't "belong" to Disney, so using it in marketing wouldn't make sense or even necessarily be possible. So they had to find a Disney image that they could replace this icon with to become the new representative icon.

So now I don't hate the hat so much...it's not my favorite, but still...

Post Thanks / Like

It will be sad to see the MGM Studios sign change...to see the passing of an era, but I think it's good direction to go it....Pixar has been fantastic for Disney....
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: