Quantcast Disney Hosts Program To Hitch Gay Couples - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the other micki View Post
    Maybe not for most people, but it really saddens me...I'll probably be taking a closer look at the "Vacation Planning Beyond Disney" forum. I don't believe that making a profit is a justifiable reason to do what they're doing. I won't go any further...I'd probably get edited.
    I'm right there with you. I haven't enjoyed the behaviors I've seen during Gay Days, and neither have my children, so I avoid those days. Now I'll never know when they're having a "wedding" ceremony.

If DH's older kids want to go for a trip, that'll be our last one. If they say no, we won't be back.

I'm really regretting the Disney stock I just bought.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I'm right there with you. I haven't enjoyed the behaviors I've seen during Gay Days, and neither have my children, so I avoid those days. Now I'll never know when they're having a "wedding" ceremony.

If DH's older kids want to go for a trip, that'll be our last one. If they say no, we won't be back.

I just don't get how this announcement can make anyone want to boycott the fun of Disney just because Disney has decided for whatever reason they are going to continue their push to be fully inclusive and diverse.

A same-sex commitment ceremony is NOT a public Disney function, and if you don't have an invitation, the odds of you walking up to the castle for the 12 minutes that the ceremony might last are SO small I doubt it would ever happen. But, I guess to each their own.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

This is where people get confused.
    This policy will NOT make everyday at Disney GAY days.

Its a private ceremony, you will probably NOT be invited. You wont have any "behaviors" to observe and not enjoy.

Go to Disney World and relax with the idea that Disney is not going to discriminate against anyone, which frankly, is something we should all be teaching our children anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I just don't get how this announcement can make anyone want to boycott the fun of Disney just because Disney has decided for whatever reason they are going to continue their push to be fully inclusive and diverse.

A same-sex commitment ceremony is NOT a public Disney function, and if you don't have an invitation, the odds of you walking up to the castle for the 12 minutes that the ceremony might last are SO small I doubt it would ever happen. But, I guess to each their own.
    Just what I was thinking. Who cares? Let people have recommitment ceremonies on their 10th anniversaries (also NOT marriages, as they are already married) -- Let people get engaged, have a special family event ... WHATEVER! Who cares what the other guy is doing -- chances are, you wont even notice that anything is going on! If the article wasn't printed, I doubt anyone would have noticed. I honestly wouldn't have thought that same sex couples couldn't have the ceremony in the first place...
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I was so glad to see that Disney has come up with this policy; I"m in agreement 100%!

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with everyone else on this...you are never going to be able to walk down a street in America, and be assured that you or your kids won't see something that offends someone...so does that mean you won't go outside anymore? I sure hope not. Personally, I am very genuinely offended by low-rise jeans (when did partial public nudity slip in to "socially acceptable" status?), but I don't expect those jeans to become illegal, or part of some underground and unseen society, so I just have to deal with it.

I completely respect everyone's views on this topic, though. As a Lutheran, this is a very hot topic of debate in my every day life (especially on Sundays). But I don't think this decision actually changes anything. I, like WDWacky, assumed they already allowed this, and this post only surprised me in that aspect. It was a business decision, and that's all. Just like the benefits decision years ago.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Just what I was thinking. Who cares? Let people have recommitment ceremonies on their 10th anniversaries (also NOT marriages, as they are already married) -- Let people get engaged, have a special family event ... WHATEVER! Who cares what the other guy is doing -- chances are, you wont even notice that anything is going on! If the article wasn't printed, I doubt anyone would have noticed. I honestly wouldn't have thought that same sex couples couldn't have the ceremony in the first place...
    It's not really about me noticing anything or being up close and personal with a "commitment ceremony"; it's just about right and wrong. It's about being at Disneyworld and my conscience being burdened.
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

I fully expect this to have the same damaging effects to Disney as allowing gay marriage has had here in Massachusetts.

In other words, absolutely none at all. Life has gone on just like before.

I think that if there's any anger at Disney for this, it will be mostly short lived and just like gay marriage in Massachusetts, unless you're directly involved as a gay person, or friend or family of one, pretty soon people will just forget to notice that Disney is allowing this.
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

Okay folks ... I think we've gotten all out of this thread that we can at this point.

This is just one of those topics that people will never agree on, so further debate is pointless. Let's move on.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: