Quantcast Special Package Offer 8/26/07 – 9/22/07 [Merged Threads] - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BOOOOO

We are going for a week in September and staying at the Grand Floridian and was hoping that they would not do this so the parks would be quiet!

Rats oh well hopefully the place is not real crowded.

Mike
    Gorsh I love this place

September 2007 Grand Floridian "Horray"
    2006 All Star Sports
    2005 All Star Music
    2004 Pop Centuary
    2002 All Star Music
    2000 All Star Sports
    1994 Poly
    1985,83,82,80,79 We always stayed at Howard Johnsons as a kid.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sit Down vs. Counter Service

Hi All!

Can you substitute a counter service meal in lieu of one of your sit down meals? We will be traveling with a 2 yr. old, so there may be days where even 1 sit down meal won't happen.
    Also, we already booked and got a AAA room only discount rate. My husband thinks the meal plan will be too much hassle and confusion, so doesn't want to do it... any thoughts?

Thanks!
    ******Midwest Mulan******
    Sept 07 All Star Movies
    June 04 Disneyland- Offsite
    June 03 Offsite- Doubletree Club LBV
    July 02 Disneyland- Offsite
    June 99 Port Orleans- French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flying carpet View Post
    BOOOOO

We are going for a week in September and staying at the Grand Floridian and was hoping that they would not do this so the parks would be quiet!

Mike

I feel the same way.
    (Sorry guys, I know it is a wonderful deal for everyone, I used it the past two years, its just now that we joined DVC and are using points this year we can't use Free Dining).

To make you feel a little better. We have been going in September for years and the crowds in the parks are still low. The restaurants are busy but the lines are still very short.

We are hoping that it will be the same this year!! We will be there the 14th-22nd.
    Last edited by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom; 04-09-2007 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling error
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great deal!...We went last year during this promotion and had a wonderful time. But be forewarned, the lines at the restruants will be longer than the lines for any of the rides..book those ADR's as early as you can!
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

I recently got off the phone after making my Sept. reservations with free dining. I was "on hold" at least 30 min. before I was able to talk to a reservations cast member, so they are BUSY. We'll be staying at Pop Century.
    We're all set now, as I did our ADR's this past weekend and purchased our plane tickets yesterday.
    Now the 5 month + wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestMulan View Post
    Hi All!

Can you substitute a counter service meal in lieu of one of your sit down meals? We will be traveling with a 2 yr. old, so there may be days where even 1 sit down meal won't happen.
    Also, we already booked and got a AAA room only discount rate. My husband thinks the meal plan will be too much hassle and confusion, so doesn't want to do it... any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Yes you can use a TS credit for CS, but not the other way around...and just a suggestion from someone who had free dining last year, IMNOHO, you are better off using your TS credits for signature dining (two TS credits) and keeping a more open schedule. There were some attractions that we had to forego due to having to be somewhere for an ADR every day, usually at some odd time due to the avaiability of ADR's. Besides, TS,CS and a snack is a heck of a lot of food every day!
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Dining!!

Thanks MJ!! Planning another great week at WDW in Sept. Eatting and shopping while DH and DS golf!! No problem getting ADR'S right now. MJ + free dining= no hassle!!
    KODABEAR
    FIRST TRIP MARCH '79 POLY
    175 plus trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCouple07 View Post
    I just found out about the free dining plan for packages from August 26 through September 22. I have already booked the package (almost a month ago) using my Disney Visa. My questions are— 1. our trip starts on the September 22, so would I be included? and 2. does anyone know if they will upgrade packages that have already been booked (if I would be included)? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    To answer your questions:

1. Becasue you are checking in on the 22nd which is a valid day for this promotion it will carry over for the rest of your trip(up to 10 days).

2. You shuld be able to call and convert the current reservation you have to the promotion by calling and mentioning the discount code and since you used your Disney Visa you can do that today.

Good Luck!
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

WOO HOO

Just got my email from Debbie at MJs...that was fantastic!! So nice to not have to worry about it, just know that they have taken care of it! I'm also glad I got all my ADRs done.

Also, to those of you that are worried about the parks being busier because of the free dining, we have been there before it was offered (free or otherwise) and when it was offered for free. I didn't feel that the parks were that busy, or that the ride waits were any longer than we had experienced before. Of course the sit down restaurants were busier, but that's why we planned ahead for our ADRs. Sure, you will have people that will just go in Sept because of the free dining offer, but I don't think those people will make a significant difference in crowds.

It finally feels real!! We are going to WDW!! YEA!!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad someone has the information on this. I went out to my Chase Disney Visa account and there is no mention of any offers at this time. I double checked it at 11am and it still shows --

"We were unable to complete your request at this time. There are no offers available for your account at this time. For more information, please contact Customer Service. Customer Service support is available 7 days a week, 24 hours per day."

Post Thanks / Like

That Disney Visa offer page at Chase has been messed up for awhile. I doubt it will reflect the offer any time soon.

Good thing there's Intercot to keep us informed!
    Lily

Oct 1997 Disneyland
    Oct 2001 Disneyland
    Aug 2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    Feb 2006 Disneyland Hotel
    Sept 2006 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Sept 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks Jeff, I'll be calling it in on my lunch break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    I'd take a large villa with points over free dining any day.

I agree - DH and I booked our September WDW vacation about a month ago and rented points to stay at BCV. We're getting AP's and the DDP - I just looked at what it would have cost for us to do this with the free dining and by using points we're saving over $1000 even though we're paying for the DDP. I think the Free Dining Package makes more sense if you're going to be staying at a value or moderate resort. Paying rack rates for the Deluxe Resorts is SO expensive!!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say thanks to Jean at Magical Journeys! For the third year in a row, she was able to get us the free dining special, and we didn't have to do a thing. When I woke up this morning at 7:00, there was already an email from her saying the special came out this morning and she'd already converted my reservation. How's that for customer service!
    Three cheers for Magical Journeys! Hip Hip Hooray!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Although DH and I have taken advantage of this offer for the past few years, we won't be able to this year.

We had such a good time - I hope it works out for all of you!!!
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    1. Becasue you are checking in on the 22nd which is a valid day for this promotion it will carry over for the rest of your trip(up to 10 days).
    What about doing the same thing on the other end. School starts on the 28th, and the promotion starts on the 26th. What if our reservation ends on the 26th (or 27th) but starts on say the 22nd? Do we still get to take advantage of the deal?

Its either going to be returning to Disney (for the 164th time) for the free dining, or a lavish trip to Europe. Undecided at this point, but being excluded from the free dining would make that decision a lot easier.
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Although DH and I have taken advantage of this offer for the past few years, we won't be able to this year.

We had such a good time - I hope it works out for all of you!!!
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapiortiz34 View Post
    What about doing the same thing on the other end. School starts on the 28th, and the promotion starts on the 26th. What if our reservation ends on the 26th (or 27th) but starts on say the 22nd? Do we still get to take advantage of the deal?
    No, you don't. I wondered the same thing (we're leaving three days after the promotion starts), but I was told that it's only valid for people who arrive on or after August 26th. You can make two different reservations to take advantage of the free dining, if you wanted. But it seems a bit complicated for only a day or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan369 View Post
    You can make two different reservations to take advantage of the free dining, if you wanted. But it seems a bit complicated for only a day or two.
    Plus the the promotion is only valid for vacations of 3-nights or longer.
    จจ*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flying carpet View Post
    BOOOOO

Mike
    We went last year during the free dining and we were quite surprised to see that the parks were not nearly as busy as I expected them to be. There was an increase in the crowd, but not anything that made us feel like it was a mistake to go at that time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by karenrarintogo View Post
    I recently got off the phone after making my Sept. reservations with free dining. I was "on hold" at least 30 min. before I was able to talk to a reservations cast member, so they are BUSY. We'll be staying at Pop Century.
    We're all set now, as I did our ADR's this past weekend and purchased our plane tickets yesterday.
    Now the 5 month + wait!
    You might want to consider Magical Journeys for your next trip. All you do is email them with the information and they do all the phone work. You get the same exact prices as you would if you call Disney yourself, thier commission is paid by Disney. All of the people that work for MJ are absolutely wonderful.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: