Quantcast People who don't like Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default People who don't like Disney

Do you know anyone who doesn't like Disney but still goes to WDW or DLR? Or someone who never has anything nice to say about Disney yet still spends the $ to go?

My inlaws bash Disney every chance they get. When I first met my SIL and BIL, they already knew I was a Disney Fanatic, but SIL wasted no time making fun of Disney. Later that year, they went to DLR. When Lilo & Stitch came out, they both thought it was "inappropriate" for kids since Stitch stuck his tongue in his nose and Lilo had anger issues. When Finding Nemo came out, my MIL made comments about how "dark" Disney movies are. Yet they are going to WDW this summer.

I've tried to be interested in their trip and share tips, etc but every time I bring it up, I get a one-word answer or they change the topic. If they come home from WDW and complain, I will probably unload on them.

So, do you know anyone who hates Disney but still forks out the bucks to go? Just to keep up with the Joneses I guess.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel! Last May on our trip, my DH and I went with a couple. After any great ride, like Soarin, they weren't blown away. Nothing seemed to "wow" them. They actually said "Yeah we don't need to come back till we have kids"...which is atleast 5 years away if not more...they say this knowing not only that we worked there, but how much we LOVE it...ugh
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

My boyfriend isn't a big fan, but then again, he's never been there. He's only been to DL once when he was younger and that in the early 80's. He's not a big fan of the movies and tv shows, but I've been slowly getting him to watch the shows and movies, but he's never said anything that bad about them.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    Do you know anyone who doesn't like Disney but still goes to WDW or DLR? Or someone who never has anything nice to say about Disney yet still spends the $ to go?
    Actually, I'm not so sure we don't have some folks like that right here amongst us.

I think there are some people who just like to complain, even about things (or people) they like. But, that's just the nature of some folks I guess. I may not understand it, but it's just the way it is.

Likewise, there are people that don't enjoy things like WDW. But that's their opinion, and they're welcome to it just like we're entitled to like it as we do. Doesn't mean either of us is any more right or wrong than the other, just different tastes. Some people like football, and some don't; some like baseball, and some don't; some people like mushrooms on pizza, some don't; some people like rock-n-roll, some don't; some like country music ( I don't think I'll ever understand that one) and some don't. It's just a matter of different likes and dislikes, it's not right or wrong. They're just as entitled to their opinions and preferences, as we all are.

Actually, now that I think about it, my middle child likes country music, and not so much Animated Features..... hmmm, maybe he's adopted and I just don't know it
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a town that should really be called "ClosedMindedVille". There are a lot of people here who will never go because of what they call Disney's Gay Agenda. Their loss My gain I say
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I love when people criticise me and my mom for always wearing our Disney pins where we wait tables because the way I look at it, thats one less loser for me to have to deal with in line for Peter Pan's flight or walk into my pictures.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figgyluv03 View Post
    My boyfriend isn't a big fan, but then ...
    Show him the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Opinions are one thing, with that I agree. But, if you don't like basketball, you generally don't buy tickets for the game, much less courtside seats. That's the thing that irks me. If you don't like anything Disney why are you going to spend 5 grand to take the family there?
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

My boyfriend isn't a big fan, but then again, he's never been there. He's only been to DL once when he was younger and that in the early 80's. He's not a big fan of the movies and tv shows, but I've been slowly getting him to watch the shows and movies, but he's never said anything that bad about them.

Dh and I were not big fans either until we went for the first time together. We really knew nothing about it. I never went to websites about it. We used to talk about going and then we finally did it on the spur of the moment in 1998. I think we've been there 14 or 15 times since then. We both fell in love with Disney. Maybe he will too when he finally goes

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    Dh and I were not big fans either until we went for the first time together. We really knew nothing about it. I never went to websites about it.
    This was my DH and I. In August of 2005, we went to Fort Lauderdale with some friends, they suggested that we should go to WDW sometime. I said no way, that's not my cup of tea. I'm not into amusement parks. In September of that same year, I had a salad at McDonald's which they gave me a game piece to get a chance to win a free trip to either WDW or DL. It sat on my desk for a few days, when one evening I had to work and saw it sitting there, so I called the DH to shoot the breeze. I had asked him to go to the website and entered the info...now mind you if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..entering was all in fun because "we won't win, anyway". Boy was I wrong...we won the trip and chose to go to WDW. We fell in love with it!!! We were planning to go back in 2008, but I couldn't wait that long!!! I'm trying to figure out when we can go back again , DH wants to go somewhere else in 2008, perhaps Key West. I got to figure out how to get to WDW out of that idea!!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Show him the door.
    No, he's too good to me to show him the door, but what do you think about brain washing him! Ha ha. I have so many of the planning videos, I should just put him in front of the tv and keep playing them until he wants to go.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

No, he's too good to me to show him the door, but what do you think about brain washing him! Ha ha. I have so many of the planning videos, I should just put him in front of the tv and keep playing them until he wants to go.
    I bet if you get excited watching the videos, reading WDW books/guides, etc. that he'll enjoy seeing you get so excited about something , and he'll succumb to the magic . If not...you're dating the anti-Disney .
    Last edited by Beast_fanatic; 04-11-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

if you don't like basketball, you generally don't buy tickets for the game, much less courtside seats.
    Possibly because other members of their family do want to go????

Possibly because deep down inside they really like it, but refuse to let it show for "image" sake????? Some people just don't want to expose the kid inside of them.

Possibly it's just their personality, I know some people who complain plenty about the Royals (myself included on that one), or the Chiefs, but still follow them closely and are definite fans.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I totally know what you are talking about...I did the CP in 03 and my, now, Ex Fiancées mother came to see us...She complained non-stop before we Left for the Program and then when she came to visit she griped about prices/crowds/not understanding ppls obession bla bla bla! It was the longest 3 days of my life! What was funny though, was when we were on rides or watching parades, I would kinda watch her and she looked impressed, but as soon as it was over, she would make some smart remark about how it isn't as good as so and so park rides. She drove me crazy! I think she was just trying to irrate me b/c she knows I love Disney...
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

DH doesn't like Disney (gasp!). He has fun while he's there, but in his words "we've gone 2 times in the last two years. I'm disneyed out". But he loves me and knows that I like it. He offered to take me to Disneyland this summer. Now, he wants to spend some time with his older kids and grandkids and thought that they might enjoy WDW. So, we might be going back, but just because he loves us. Will he complain about somethings? I'm sure he will.

I'm not a football fan. He loves the Cowboys. Would I buy tickets to take him to a game? You bet. It would be worth it to me to see the big smile on his face! Would I complain about some things? I'm sure I will.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Know Those Types

I can't really say I know people who completely dislike Disney, but I know a few who are of the "we're only going once" mentality.

" But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Long Island, New York (1131 miles for the magic!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    DH doesn't like Disney (gasp!). He has fun while he's there, but in his words "we've gone 2 times in the last two years. I'm disneyed out". But he loves me and knows that I like it. He offered to take me to Disneyland this summer. Now, he wants to spend some time with his older kids and grandkids and thought that they might enjoy WDW. So, we might be going back, but just because he loves us. Will he complain about somethings? I'm sure he will.

My DH is the same way!! Drives me crazy, but I have to realize not everyone LOVEs it like me. I grew up going to WDW so I blame my parents!! haha! I do have to say he proposed to me at the castle in MK so I tend to "forgive him" when I talk about it and he sort of ignores me or tells me "you and Disney...my god!!"

I will say this though, whenever we go on vacation elsewhere, he compares everything to Disney!!! Not to mention, we have a 2 month old girl now and he says he can't wait to go to WDW when she's a bit older...I couldn't believe it! I just think he's a "closet Disney lover" and just doesn't want to admit it! That would be "un-manly" of him..hahahaha!!
    77'-79' Offsite
    80' Contemporary
    83' Golf Resort
    90' Caribbean Beach
    96' All Star Sports
    99' Wilderness Lodge
    01' All Star Sports
    02' Coronado Springs
    03' Port Orleans Riverside
    04' Caribbean Beach
    07' Buena Vista Palace - Downtown Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My inlaws bash Disney every chance they get...

I've tried to be interested in their trip and share tips, etc but every time I bring it up, I get a one-word answer or they change the topic. If they come home from WDW and complain, I will probably unload on them.
    This is so my MIL & her husband as well as my SIL. We have taken our boys twice now with each trip being at least 8 days or more and I have been a hand full of other times on my own. We are planning another trip for next year as well as considering a DVC membership and they think it is just a waste of money. But when I mentioned the DVC they all perked up and said, that would be great, then we could all go together. Not on my points... After I have heard how hot it would be and how crowded it would be, and how expensive it would be, blah, blah...Not to mention when MIL asked why would we like to go back over and over that often. I just asked her why does she go to the mountains over and over 5-6 if not more times a year. Her response was, "it's never the same and I can see something different each time." Told her my point exactly, and if we enjoyed it and she didn't, no one was going to make her go. After all, it wasn't my idea for her to make a family vacation of it.
    DH said he would stay home if his mother went anyway. No way I'm going with her for a week...
    But she is good and I still love her anyway....
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    This was my DH and I. In August of 2005, we went to Fort Lauderdale with some friends, they suggested that we should go to WDW sometime. I said no way, that's not my cup of tea. I'm not into amusement parks. In September of that same year, I had a salad at McDonald's which they gave me a game piece to get a chance to win a free trip to either WDW or DL. It sat on my desk for a few days, when one evening I had to work and saw it sitting there, so I called the DH to shoot the breeze. I had asked him to go to the website and entered the info...now mind you if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..entering was all in fun because "we won't win, anyway". Boy was I wrong...we won the trip and chose to go to WDW. We fell in love with it!!! We were planning to go back in 2008, but I couldn't wait that long!!! I'm trying to figure out when we can go back again , DH wants to go somewhere else in 2008, perhaps Key West. I got to figure out how to get to WDW out of that idea!!!!

That's a great story Carol

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

anybody who bashes disney, spends the maoney to go, and still not like it, well then strap to a seat and tape their eyes open and put EVERYTHING Disney on a loop and see if they will change their mind. Mwahahahaha.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: