Quantcast First Timer! Want as many tips as possible! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy inexpensive pins to trade with off ebay. You can get cuties there too. I preferred my own stroller since I could recline the seat and my 2 year old took naps at will every day. I also loved having the bottom part of the stroller to dump all my stuff in. I also wore a fannie pack with credit cards, keys, chapstick etc. and brought the camera with me onto the rides. I left all the extra stuff in the stroller with no problem. If you do bring your stroller, tie a bandana or ribbon on it so you can find it more easily. They all start to look the same. We got to the parks early and often did not even take a pool break as is often recommended. Our kids did great if we let them go at their pace and take "down time" in the parks. This year we plan to take more time at the pool, but we'll see! Just be flexible and go with your family's temperament. What works well for one family is not best for another.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to bring meds. Stomach, headache and maybe a cough med. Last year I was just getting over a cold so I brought my vicks and other stuff w/ me. The night air got to my toddler cousin and he was really stuffed up, so we fixed up before bed and the next morning he was ready to go.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *goofy'sgirls* View Post
    I just have a few more questions. What do u guys suggest I do the first day there? Should I start using my passes right away or wait for day 2? My kids are interested in Trading pins and we want to know should we purchase some here in NY and trade up in WDW? My kids love the cuties do u think they might be able to trade for those?
    Go to the Magic Kingdom! Your girls are going to be so excited that unless they are so pooped from travel they can't stay awake, you won't get a moments rest until you go see Cinderella!( plus you'll be excited too!) Also, if you have planned a day not to go to the parks, it is better to use this in the middle or toward the end. By then you will need the rest and relaxation of your resort. But, if you arrive in the middle of the day, a relaxing afternoon and evening getting used to your surroundings is good. Just be sure everyone knows what day the fun begins!

You can get pins on ebay. We try to bid on lots of ten to twenty. They run individually about $7 to $11 at the parks for a standard pin. So keep that in mind when bidding.

They should definitely be able to trade for cuties.

Someone mentioned Birmbaums guide. They also make a guide for kids. Yours sound to be at the perfect age. It has a count down calendar, and fun pages for them to write (or you to help write) their favorite attractions, has small maps of the parks, jokes, riddles...fun for the airplane!

I would rent a stroller. It is a major pain to fold them on a very crowded bus.

Have a wonderful time!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning Tips

Hello again! Don't forget the autograph books! If your girls are interested, they can collect the characters' autographs at each park. I've also heard of people doing a photo album of just pictures with all the characters they met. Might be fun to do a section in your photo album like that.
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

What to d our first day it depends on what time u will be getting into the world.If its later in the day u might want to wait till the following day to use a whole on your passes.You could always travel over to DTD or just hang out by the pool.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Entering the parks on the first day is great if you have the energy for it. Don't worry about wasting a day the difference in price between a 6 day pass and a 10 day pass is $8. Also good to remember if after spending the morning swimming and the afternoon napping you feel like going to a park in the evening. You can upgrade the amount of days on your tickets as long as you are still on your last day.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you do don't forget to pack your patience. WDW is so much fun on every level and to let anyone there get in the way of your fun...

Hey, I don't know if they still do it, but get to Tom Sawyer Island early and find the paint brushes. They are generally now just tossed out there, not really hidden. When you turn them in, you get a fast pass for either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It worked for us last June anyway. The boys loved it and it made them feel really special.

Hey, most of all have fun!!!
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Did you make your ADRs to all the restruants you want to eat at? If you have not, you'll more likely will not be able to eat at most of the popular restraunts.

I can only suggest arriving at the parks early before opening and ride all the MUST DOs first. During the earily afternoon take a break so go back to the resort and relax. Arrive back at the resort after 4pm and from there the park will not be as crowded and the lines will not be as long as during the early afternoon.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read all of the replies so I hope that I'm not repeating what has already been said.

1. It's likely that you won't get to experience everything. Enjoy what you get to do without constantly thinking about what you're going to do next.

2. Prioritize the attractions that you want to experience before you get there. You can look at attraction descriptions at Intercot. Just look on the left side of the main Intercot page to find the park links that will lead to the attraction links.

3. If there are shows that you definitely want to see, make them priorities over the rides. Shows only happen at certain times of the day whereas rides run continuously. A good method is to get a Fastpass for a ride that you want to do and come back to it after you watch a show.

4. Try to save steps as much as possible because WDW requires a lot of walking. For example, you could get a Fastpass for Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom and then go watch Country Bear Jamboree while waiting for your Fastpass time window to open. Those two attractions are close to each other. If your Fastpass time window still isn't open after the show, then you could choose another nearby attraction to experience or you could eat, shop, or relax. Eventually, your Fastpass will be available for use at Splash Mountain. This allows you to do several things in one area before moving on to the next area. There are times, of course, when things don't work out exactly right, but do try to make the most of your steps.

5. Speaking of steps, make sure everyone wears comfortable walking shoes in the parks.

6. Fastpass is your friend. Use it wisely. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules of Fastpass before you get to WDW.

7. Soaking up the atmosphere can be just as much fun as the rides and shows.

8. Above all, have fun! If there is something that you miss that you meant to experience, it gives you an excuse to go to WDW again.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imaprincess! View Post

2. Since my hubby is the Energizer Bunny (going, going, still going ...) at WDW, I take pajamas to the parks with us. If my kids look like they're going to pass out, I put them in their pj's and don't have to wake them when we return to the hotel at night.

OOOHHHHH! That's a good one! So obvious because I do it at home when we go out but I never thought of doing it there!!!! Thanks
    Off Property - August, 2002
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - June, 2005
    Wilderness Lodge - August, 2006
    DVC Member at Saratoga Springs- 2007
    Saratoga Springs - June, 2007
    Saratoga Springs - August, 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I almost forgot my best tip for little kids.

Take the monorail from Mk to Epcot (or the other way). When you get onto the monorail platform ask one of the Cast members to sit up front. A family of four can sit in the drivers car with the monorail engineer. Take your video camera because it is a great ride. At the end, the conductor will give each of your kids an honorary monorail license. My kids have 3 each and they are prominently displayed on their walls.

My two boys still talk about "driving" the monorail.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a neat little tip for your first trip - my friend who took me on my first trip did this to me, and I did this to my niece and mom and their first trip....when you go to Magic Kingdom, before you do anything else, go up to the train station and stare out over Main Street USA and Cinderella Castle. It will hit you then just where you are!

Another tip of somebody hasn't mentioned it...if you're staying at the resorts, buy the souvenir resort mugs-refills are free for the rest of your stay. Mom fussed at spending $12 on it, but when drinks are $2.50 a pop, you'll get your money back quickly!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Take your time. Please, do not rush and try to do it all. If you miss something jus add that to the top of your list for the next trip.

Definately see the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show.

Try and catch a Fantasmic show at the Disney Studios.
    Tonya
    1988 Off Property
    Fall 1993 College Program
    1998 Off Property
    1999 Off Property
    July 2007 Wilderness Lodge
    Aug 2013 Off Property
    Sept 2016 AK Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

i'd say schedule a free day or at least a free half day where you have no plans whatsoever. this way you can do things you like again or catch some things you missed.

have fun!!!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

What about the Child Swap option? That is something you might want to look into.
    Also as far as what to do on your first day, play that one by ear. Look at when you are getting there, how much traveling has already been done, etc.
    I have gone to the parks on the first day and had a great time, but I have also used my first day to go to DTD and started doing some shopping. An option at DTD would be to make an appointment for the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Botique.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ditto

Quote Originally Posted by pianobabe View Post
    What about the Child Swap option? That is something you might want to look into.
    Also as far as what to do on your first day, play that one by ear. Look at when you are getting there, how much traveling has already been done, etc.
    I have gone to the parks on the first day and had a great time, but I have also used my first day to go to DTD and started doing some shopping. An option at DTD would be to make an appointment for the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Botique.

Holy moly! Definitely yes on the child swap. If you are not already familiar with this concept, it is the best thing ever! Especially with a 5-yr old who can probably get on almost every ride, and a younger one who likely will not get on the coasters and some other attractions. Just tell them at the entrance to the ride that you want to do child swap. Then they give you a special ticket like a fastpass, so that one of you goes with the the 5-year old, while the other goes off to some play or rest spot or kiddie attraction. And then the other person gets to ride with the 5-year old using the fastpass lineup. So your 5-year old gets to do double rides in a short time! It is truly awesome!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: