Quantcast Dumbest thing you have ever done while at Disney - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    This was 1991-ish...

I bought embroidered Mickey Mouse ears for my friend Patti ( do they still sew personal names on the back of the ears?)

while I was staying @ WDW with my GF susie

I really really REALLY thought I had the ears hidden well enough in my suit case so Susie didnt find Pattis ears.

Oh well ...I havent spoken to Susie OR patti in years

Live and learn

Also same trip I drank so much at Pleasure Island one night that
    I passed out on the bus back to our resort.

I was a bit of a nit wit around 1991
    oh boy..

Dont tell me that was you with me at the PI nightly New Years Eve Party making fools of ourselves If it was though we sure had fun and I dont talk to Steve anymore either LOL!!! I think I remember I told the bartender I could hang and to hook it up!!! (as if any disney bartender is light handed!) I spent the next day But it was SO fun!!!

Its hard to believe that was over 15 years ago!! oh my...
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, I'm in a good mood and willing to totally embarrass myself....

We were in AK, and I was having a grand old time filming my DD walking into railings and laughing so hard I had to go tinkle REALLY bad. I ran to the restroom, and did my business and came back out to the kids. The camcorder was on it's strap around my neck, and y'know how the lens cap is attached to the camera with a string? Well, I grabbed the camera up really fast to catch something going on, and I painfully found out that after I had buttoned my shorts (evidently with the lenscap dangling against my stomach), the lenscap came out the fly, and I zipped up the shorts...

Yeah, I yelled (boy did that one hurt, let me tell you, I SNATCHED that camera up FAST!!), I was mortified because we were between Primevil Whirl and Triceratops Spin, everyone was looking, and I'm standing there with a lens cap stuck in my fly!

The worst thing...the kids had seen it and didn't tell me!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom07 View Post
    OK, I'm in a good mood and willing to totally embarrass myself....

We were in AK, and I was having a grand old time filming my DD walking into railings and laughing so hard I had to go tinkle REALLY bad. I ran to the restroom, and did my business and came back out to the kids. The camcorder was on it's strap around my neck, and y'know how the lens cap is attached to the camera with a string? Well, I grabbed the camera up really fast to catch something going on, and I painfully found out that after I had buttoned my shorts (evidently with the lenscap dangling against my stomach), the lenscap came out the fly, and I zipped up the shorts...

Yeah, I yelled (boy did that one hurt, let me tell you, I SNATCHED that camera up FAST!!), I was mortified because we were between Primevil Whirl and Triceratops Spin, everyone was looking, and I'm standing there with a lens cap stuck in my fly!

The worst thing...the kids had seen it and didn't tell me!!!!

soooooooo funny!!!

this thread is too much!!
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Summer 2003 I went with 2 friends. Flew in on a Saturday morning and went straight to Epcot to discover that they were doing previews of Mission Space and giving Fast Passes, good in about 1 hour. So we went to Mexio and loaded up on Margaritas and nachos (had no lunch since we just flew in). Got a little tipsy, well a lot tipsy then went on Mission Space. Now, this was before they made the ride less intense. Well, from what I hear the tamed it down a few times since we rode on it. We got off the ride absolutely sick, and just sat on a bench for at least 1/2 hour. Finally went to the free soda station and looked for ginger ale and found some. We all had a good belch and then went wine tasting around Epcot!

Don't ride a vomit comet after nachos and margaritas!
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    Having a meltdown in MK on the 3rd night of our trip. It was the week of Columbus day and the parks were much busier than I'd expected. My parents and DH kept asking me "what do you want to do next?" I was in an absolute funk b/c I'd missed Spectromagic on top of it. And my mom suggested we go see Philharmagic. At that point, I completely lost it like a tired 2-year-old, started crying. I would have thrown myself to the ground to kick and scream too, but it was too crowded.
    I did something similar, so don't feel bad. ;-)
    One trip my DH thought it would be a good idea to head out of MK before the fireworks and miss the crowds. (Pre-Wishes days) I reluctantly followed.

We ended up waiting on the plaform and the fireworks started while we waited for the next monorail to arrive. I cried like a baby. I mean I BOO-HOO'D like a child. I was so tired, and upset. (And 35 years old!)

Needless to say - I always stay for the fireworks, even if the rest of the family leaves. I can find my way back.

Another stupid thing was my DH allowing my then 6 year old son to play fully clothed in the splash area near Test Track while I was in the bathroom. In November. Soaked to the bone, shoes and all. "Dad said I could!" We still quote that.
    Barbie ºoº
    Married to: Golf Grumpy
    DVC owners at BCV and SSR

...and then they made me their Chief.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say that sleeping in would be the dumbest thing for me personally. But, on a scarier/dumber note, back in '80, DH and I walking back to the Golf Resort (how long ago was that?), from the Poly after a night of "festivities", and we were too late for the buses, and noticed several cages strewn along the grounds leading up to the front entrance. Being from KY, we are familiar w/critter traps, and didn't give them much thought, until the CM @ the front desk (scolding us severely for walking back) informed us that they were gator traps...WOW!!!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing denim shorts and going on Splash Mnt first thing in the morning. Denim does NOT dry very quickly. It was like walking around in a wet diaper all day!
    Sending my then pregnant sister back to the hotel with my 4 year old nephew's ticket when we were planning on leaving MK to go to another park. This was in the days before cel phones too. I had to leave him with his dad and RUN to catch her. Luckily she hadn't gotten far.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

This happened over spring break. Me, mom, and my sister were staying at the ASM in the Country section. It was an early magic day at the MK. As usual, we were in a hurry to get out the door. Halfway to the bus area, I realized I forgot my mug so I ran back to the room.

I stuck the key in again and again, with no such luck. (This was the second time our key was malfunctioning so I was very upset) Suddenly, I saw the light go off, and the curtain move from the INSIDE. I freaked out. I thought someone had gotten into our room! I thought maybe I had not shut the door all the way, as I have done that before. Anyway I was in tears as I called my mom from my cell. Someone was in our room! My sister informed the front desk, and they came back to the room to wait with me.

They came to wait, but for some reason, they decided to wait on the lower floor. I was confused as to why they would do that and then I realized. I WAS ON THE WRONG FLOOR! Our room was on the 2nd floor, and I was on the 3rd! I guess on the way back to my room, I went up too many flights of stairs!

Someone probably thought I was trying to break into THEIR ROOM!

Mom and my sister were very angry and they never let me live it down! From now on, they say I am not allowed to go back to the room for anything I foreget.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is too funny

I was reading a couple of them to DH, and he piped up that "the dumbest thing he ever did at Disney was propose in front of the castle". Well, DH could use some company on the couch tonight

Seriously, the dumbest things we've done at Disney include getting really lost getting to FQ this trip, and ending up at Epcot. The CM at the parking booth was really nice, and gave us directions to FQ. We also once, took a wrong turn and ended back out on I-4 (twice, in the same trip), but I think the best was on our honeymoon; we'd just driven down from Canada, and we went to MK for EMH. We thought that it wouldn't be busy by the bitter end, so I was quite upset to see a crazy-long line at the busses (our first on-site trip, so I didn't know what to expect). I sat down in the middle of the sidewalk and cried. I don't know what I thought it would help, I should have at least sat down in the bus line, but I somehow thought it was a good idea at the time.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving the parks

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would have to be going on Kali River Rapids without a poncho as soon as I arrived in Animal Kingdom. Note to self, save that ride for when you are about to leave AK

Post Thanks / Like

Lost my camera on BTMRR and then lost my wallet at AK kennels. DH was very patient w/ me that trip.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Doh

On our trip last year I got my dd4 all excited about having dinner with the princess' in epcot.

All dressed up and half way there on the bus from POFQ checked my note of our ADR.

Hmm just 24 hours too early, it took me about 2 hours to calm a very upset 4 year old down. After that DH took contol over the ADRs, not sure they will trust me again.
    Aug 2007 POFQ and Poly
    2005 POFQ
    2004 CBR
    2003 ALL STAR MOVIES
    2002 Off-site
    2001 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

The dumbest thing I ever did was also by far the most embarassing. In September 2004 I was visiting the Magic Kingdom. It was an unusually hot day, a bit crowded, but being a hard core "Disneyatic" I felt I had more than enough stamina to last the whole day.
    Sometime in the early afternoon, I decided to visit the men's room in Fantasyland, near Peter Pan's Flight. I went into the bathroom, went into a stall, and shut the door. It was nice to feel the air conditioning, and the jolly polka music playing was pleasant. The next thing I know, I hear someone banging on my stall door. Startled me half to death! Then I hear a voice asking, "Are you alright, Sir? Is everything okay?" I said, "Uh, yeah I'm okay. Why do you ask?" And the man replies, "Well, Sir, a guest came to me saying that a man had fallen asleep in the men's room. When I came in, you were snoring very loudly. Are you sure you're okay?" I assured him that I was fine. Looking at my watch, I discovered to my embarassment that had been in the stall for over 40 minutes! When I came out, there was a crowd pointing at me saying, "That's the guy! That's the guy who fell asleep in the john!"

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Dumbest Things I Did...

FIRST OFF...IT IS AMAZING TO ME HOW WILLING SO MANY PEOPLE ARE TO TALK ABOUT THE DUMBEST THINGS THEY HAVE DONE...ONLY ON AN INTERCOT BOARD WITH A BUNCH OF DISNEY CRAZIES...SO HERE GOES NOTHING

SOME YEARS BACK WE WERE WALKING OUT OF FOOD ROCKS, I THOUGHT I HAD THE STRAP TO MY VIDEO CAMERA AROUND MY SHOULDER; SO I LET IT DROP TO MY SIDE ONLY TO FIND THAT IT WENT STRAIGHT TO THE GROUND...CRASH, THE CAMERA WAS BROKEN...NOW THAT WAS PRETTY DUMB, BUT THE DUMBEST PART WAS DOING IT IN FRONT OF MY DD ON THE 2ND DAY OF A 9 DAY VACATION...MY DD, THEN WAS 12, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO HEAR FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS..."HEY DAD VIDEO THIS, OH, THAT'S RIGHT YOU HAD TO BREAK THE VIDEO CAMERA..."
    "...IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE..."
    WALTER E. DISNEY
    "...DO WHAT TIGGERS DO BEST...BOUNCE!"
    TO MY DW, THANK YOU FOR INTRODUCING ME TO THE MAGIC SO MANY YEARS AGO...I LOVE YOU "MICKEY MAGIC" CR 2001, BR/ASMOVIES 2002, CBR 2006, GF 06/2007 POFQ 11/2007 AND CS 06/2008, POLY 06/2009

Post Thanks / Like

Not seeing Fantasmic and Illuminations on my past three trips. Hopefully I will get back soon and get to see both of them.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

The dumb thing I did was reserve a standard view room at AKL. I would save longer and get a Savannah view.

The dumb thing dh did was bring leftovers back to the the room swearing he would eat it for a midnight snack. Instead he ate it for breakfast - after leaving it out on the dresser all night. He was sick as a dog most of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

The dumbest thing we ever did....and I completely blame my father for this......we had just arrived from the airport, settled in to OKW, dropped off our bags and resort explored a bit, when we decided we were hungry and would run out to get a bite before getting groceries at the crossroads grocery store. There were 8 of us in two rental cars, I was driving one and followed my Dad, assuming we would stop at someplace quick then get the shopping done to stock the villa and then on to the parks! Right?

Nope, he drives us 20 miles away, meandering around Orlando, all the while I am flipping out wondering where he is taking us. He's just taking his sweet time exploring his roadside dining options, as if we had not just arrived at DISNEYWORLD at all!!!! Finally after driving for what seemed like an eternity he pulls into a Tony Roma's Famous Ribs??????? Like it was something interesting compared to the 200 something eateries ON Property! I was so hacked off at him. My sisters and their husbands got a good chuckle at my incredulity about the situation compared to my Dad's obliviousness. To this day the mention of "hey we could always go to Tony Roma's!" send us into the giggles.

Man! That was dumb......Tony Roma's?? What was he thinking??? We are at Walt Disney World fer kripes sake.
    Staying at Home Away From Home accomodations no less....if he wanted bbq, I woulda made him bbq....sheeeeesh.
    See...it still gets to me, and is the biggest reminder.....off property? What's that? There is nothing of importance off property.

From that day on I became an OnProperty/World-Only purist. This is a DISNEY vacation we are on, not a mindlessly wandering around Orlando excursion. I wont even rent a car anymore to ensure nobody wastes time looking for a Tony Roma's or something. Pfffah!
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I noticed my original post about getting lost was posted last year. Well, I did something else kind of embarrassing/dumb on our trip this past December.

I should preface this by saying I'm a huge Philly sports nut and I will strike up a conversation with anyone wearing Philly gear when I'm on vacation somewhere, or at least yell something at them. (example, I once saw a whole family in Eagles jerseys and stopped to lead them in a chant).
    I just get overly excited to see a little piece of home I guess.

So, one day, (my birthday actually) we are in Epcot. I'm in a particularly happy mood because I had been comped 2 margaritas in Mexico, My cousin's girlfriend bought me a Peroni in Italy, and I'd had a Tsing Tsao in China all within a relatively short time span. Next thing I know we are watching the updated O Canada! film. I had not yet seen it. I'm honestly not paying very close attention...then all of the sudden I see a Phillies cap on the screen! The question of why on earth would the Phillies be in a Canada film didn't even cross my mind, and I instinctively let out a "whoo hoo!" Then the camera pans out... and it's Mitch Williams lobbing the homerun ball to Joe Carter, making the Blue Jays the 1993 World Series champions. I think I felt my entire face turn red. I just felt so stupid! Then it made me feel even worse to think that day after day, hour after hour, that scene is shown over and over again. Poor Mitch! Poor me! I do not think I will ever go see that movie again...
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: