Quantcast Moms and Moms-to-Be Club - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that I'll be the first "new Mommy" in this thread- DS#3 was born last October 27th. Almost a Halloween baby! But as I look at him now, it's almost like he's not a baby anymore- I miss the totally dependent stage. Soon, he'll be crawling and walking, then school, then college, then marriage, then grandkids- oh gosh, maybe I should have #4!
    Dawn, AKA Grumpy's daughter (yes, that's what we call my Dad!)Been there, Done that, Want to go back NOW!!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Another new mommy here!! Our 2nd DD was born in Feb 06, only 3 month old now. She is my little angel!

Wishing all you Mommies-to-Be, a happy and healthy pregnancy!!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Well, its Wed and I passed throgh the weekend with nothing. It's frustrating, but I'm not a patient person lol. I had a drs appt yesterday and I was still 1 cm. He goes on vacation on Fri but will be around until Tues. I see another dr on my due date which is Monday, so we'll see if he does something more for me than my current dr. I dont like that my son could be born on Tues 6-6-06 but I'd rather have him here at this point. And to the post that asked about names, we have had his name picked out even b4 we knew it was a boy. His name is going to be Jackson Wyatt.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower
    I am still tired and waiting for that to go away.
    DS just turned 8 and I'm still waiting!!! Tee hee!

WIth both my boys I found my perky time was between 4 and 8 months.... I say its preparation for the baby's arrival!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the name Jackson Wyatt!!! DH and I decided awhile ago that if our child is a boy we're going to name him Jackson Harris (Harris is my grandmother's maiden name).
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New mommy here too!

I guess I'm new mommy #3 around here.

Lucas was born on 3/17/06...yep, on St. Patrick's day baby. Big brother Max is *starting* to get used to him.

So, he's 10 weeks now and growing SO fast.

Congratulations to all the mommies to be! Get your rest now...you will need it for the first few weeks especially!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

ACK!!! The baby just kicked me!! That was weird. (In a good way, of course!!)

This is my first so I wasn't sure exactly when I would feel something but during my last appointment the doctor said to expect it soon. I'll be 19 weeks on Tuesday so I guess that's pretty normal. Is anyone else experiencing kicking / movement yet?
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn
    I LOVE the name Jackson Wyatt!!! DH and I decided awhile ago that if our child is a boy we're going to name him Jackson Harris (Harris is my grandmother's maiden name).

I love your name too! I hope that you had an actual kick too. At the moment Jackson is kicking me a little too much sometimes. Dont get me wrong I love it but at the same time it gets very painful.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

Post Thanks / Like

I am 17 weeks and think I may be feeling movement, there have been alot of 'fluttery' feelings, and today the 'bump' is resting on something uncomfortable, but I cannot say for sure that I have felt a kick. I know it is coming though!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower
    I am 17 weeks and think I may be feeling movement, there have been alot of 'fluttery' feelings, and today the 'bump' is resting on something uncomfortable, but I cannot say for sure that I have felt a kick. I know it is coming though!
    That's what it is!! When I was pregnant with DD it started out as a flutter, I didn't know what it was at first. Sure enough it was her moving!! It actually made me a little at first, but once I got used to it I was fine! She got the hiccups every night when I lied down in bed for the last months of my pregnancy. What a weird feeling that is!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I had my 17 week check up the other day and we got to hear the heart beat! It was the most wonderful sound! It was so reassuring to hear because at this stage I am not feeling 100% movement and I am not having and crazy pregnancy symptoms. I can't wait for the next few weeks to start really feeling the baby - I am sure a few weeks from that I will have had enough and want to get some normal sleep though!

I go on June 20th foe my next appointment and I have an ultrasound booked for the same day!!! We are not planning on finding out what the sex the baby is though, I want it to be a surprise!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, just an update on me. Tomorrow June 5th is my due date & I'm still pregnant. Ugh! I thought I'd be holding my son by now but no such luck. I have an appt tomorrow with a different dr due to the fact that my dr went on vacation. He didnt tell me until my last appt, made me mad. I had wanted him to deliever me, oh well. Hopefully this new dr will make it move faster than the other one wanted to. I'm getting kicked so much that I have been in lots of pain for a week. Wish me luck and labor vibes. I'll update again if I dont end up in the hospital tomorrow.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your little boy comes soon TigChatt!! Here's some pixie dust for you both!

An UPDATE!!

I went to my ultrasound this morning hoping to find out whether I was going to be having a boy or a girl, but the technician said the baby wasn't in a good position. She was able to see between the legs a little and said she thought it was a girl, but that she wasn't sure. Soooo...I think I'm going to wait until my next ultrasound to see if they say the same thing before I start buying pink. I do hope it is a girl though!!!! (I would be very happy with either one but I've always wanted a girl!)
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

GL on the next ultrasound I hope you get what you want! And I hope the baby cooperates. Another update on me. At my appt today, my dr told me that I'm still 1cm dialated & 25 to 50% effaced. Yuck I've been stuck that way for a month now. He told me that if I didn't have it by Friday this week, he is scheduling me for Mon June 12th for an induction. I think I'll take any day except for tomorrow I'll keep ya'll posted.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TigChatt
    GL on the next ultrasound I hope you get what you want! And I hope the baby cooperates. Another update on me. At my appt today, my dr told me that I'm still 1cm dialated & 25 to 50% effaced. Yuck I've been stuck that way for a month now. He told me that if I didn't have it by Friday this week, he is scheduling me for Mon June 12th for an induction. I think I'll take any day except for tomorrow I'll keep ya'll posted.
    How exciting! You never know, with my last DD, I was 1 cm for a week, then my next appt I was 4cm and they said we need to do an induction. It is nice having the induction, no need to worry about not making it to the hospital, doc is right there for you. Good lucK!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Ty!
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how it goes TigChatt!

**QUESTION**

Has anyone heard about or tried the DNA Gender Test? My mother-in-law offered to pay for one so that we could be sure about the gender before buying things, but I'm not sure about it. I've looked it up online and basically you take a blood sample of your own and send it away to a lab where they'll test the blood sample and let you know if it's a boy or girl. Apparantly it's 99.9% accurate and if they aren't correct they'll refund your money 200%. I recently found an article online that one of the companies is being investigated for fraud, so I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. Anyone heard of it?
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn
    Let us know how it goes TigChatt!

**QUESTION**

Has anyone heard about or tried the DNA Gender Test? My mother-in-law offered to pay for one so that we could be sure about the gender before buying things, but I'm not sure about it. I've looked it up online and basically you take a blood sample of your own and send it away to a lab where they'll test the blood sample and let you know if it's a boy or girl. Apparantly it's 99.9% accurate and if they aren't correct they'll refund your money 200%. I recently found an article online that one of the companies is being investigated for fraud, so I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. Anyone heard of it?
    I guess the main thing is how badly do you want to know for sure. Are you planning on completely modeling the room around the gender, or will you keep it neutral so it does not need to be redone if baby #2 comes along? Otherwise most of the things you'll be buying are clothes, which are always returnable.

An interesting story...A friend of mine was told she would be having a girl. Her mother, who often claims to be partially psychic (and has a surprisingly good track record!) swore up and down it would be a boy. Even with the doctor there, showing that it was "clearly" a girl. I don't know what happened or if someone was wrong, but a beautiful baby boy was indeed born to my friend. This is the only time i've personally heard of the doctor getting it wrong, however.

I hope TigChatt was able to hold off her delivery another day. I am not a mommy-to-be nor do I plan on being for a long time, however I absolutely love children and hearing about pregnancies so I hope you don't mind if I crash your thread.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Pirate!

I do plan to decorate the room in a neutral color - probably a very pale yellow or something similar that will go well with any type of bedding. The furniture we're getting is cherry wood so that will go well with either gender, and I plan on getting a nuetral colored stroller/carseat, etc. just in case we have another baby in a couple of years. I guess you're right in saying that I'd only have to return the baby clothes - also the crib bedding. I just hate to call my baby by a girl's name and think of it as a girl the entire time only to find out at the end that it's a boy. Personally, I would like to see the money spent on something else that we can actually use. I can't believe how expensive everything is!! Just off the top of my head I know we need a crib, changing table/dresser, cradle, pack & play, stroller, carseat and swing or bouncer. I'm going to talk to my mother-in-law and see if she'd be willing to use the money for something else. The DNA test is over $300 and it could be put to better use.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm starting to bore people with my updates. LOL! No I didn't have the baby yet. As it looks I will have to be induced on Monday. I'm just glad that I didnt have Jackson on 6-6-06 b/c he's already as stubborn as his daddy. He must like all this good food he's getting lol. I'll keep ya'll posted
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: