Quantcast BF & I's first trip together to Disney World~ Pre Trip Report - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Well here is the next segment of the trip report. As you can see there wasn't a lot that happened in May. As of the end of may we are down to 114 days!!

Chapter 5: May

May 2: It is official………resorts are no smoking……..WHOO HOO!! My travel agent told me this was going to happen like 3 months ago. However, the official word has been released. I am so happy about this because I can’t be around smoke……..it chokes me up big time!

I also paid off the remaining $284.50 balance for our trip. It’s officially paid for!!!

I also got my finalized paper work from AAA in the mail.

13: I went to Dillard’s and bought a pair of croc’s the beach style. The funny thing is though that I had to buy a children’s size 5 when I normally where an 8 in women’s. I’m hoping these will be good for Disney for the water rides. But I can’t get them like your supposed to where there is like ¼” all the way around your foot. I can’t stand to have the strap slip up on me or to have my foot move around that much.
    Brandie

Past Trip:
    July 2002 offsite at Alan's Grandparents
    Sept 2007 stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, Free Dining (Got Engaged)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a lot of planning too. It's part of the fun. Whispering Canyon is fun and the food is good. We got the skillet and really enjoyed all the food. The resort is beautiful to check out while you're there. Le Cellier is wonderful too. The shrimp cocktail appetizer is really good with a spicy slaw. I liked it better than the cheese soup (gasp!!) which was tasty too. All the bread sticks were delicious. The mushroom filet was great. (The mushroom was more of a flavor for the sauce, do not expect actual mushrooms) The best dessert, IMHO, was the two servings of creme brulee. I tasted the chocolate mousse and some other dessert and was mad I agreed to share the fabulous creme brulee! I really enjoyed these meals. The Sci Fi is fun, but not my food favorite. Stick with the chocolate shake. Do not order the yucky apple not very crisp. The artichoke dip was pretty good. I thought the Reuben was very bland. But it is a cute concept. I preferred the pot roast at the 50s Prime Time. My only suggestion is to do Fantasmic when you are already at MGM and do Illuminations when you are at Epcot and Spectro when you are at MK. I know you will have a great time and I look forward to reading your reports!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your thoughts on the resturants you've tried. I think I know what I am going to get at most of them unless they change the menu on me. I've just got to decide for sure which counter service to go to in Animal Kingdom as I was really wanting to do Tusker House but it will be closed.
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chapter 6: June

Not much happened as far as planning this month.

Chapter 6: June

June 14: 100 day mark! WHOO HOOO!!!

June 23: My birthday…………..I went and got me a pair of the crocs Athens flip flops. I got the white/sea foam. I absolutely love them!!
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

You will have a great trip I'm sure. Last year my now fiance and I went on our first trip together to WDW. This year we are going back on our Disneymoon. Have fun with your planning!
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you're having a good time

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds great looking forward to more reports. "gotta love"
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chapter 7: July

Here is the what happened in July.

Chapter 7: July

July 8: Alan went and got him some shorts for the trip

July 15: I got me a pair of the rebok mesh tennis shoes to take down to Disney with me. I think these are the most comfortable lace tennis shoes I’ve had! They also fit really snug which is unusual for me………I have very narrow ankles and normally can’t get tennis shoes that don’t slip up and down on me.

July 27: Alan’s parents finally let me know that they are going to go stay at Nanny’s while we are down in florida. So we’re just going to drive down with them instead of flying……….I was kinda wanting to fly.

July 28: Alan’s mom told me that they are going to come and join us one day in Epcot. And I was telling her our dining plans when she said she would like to do a character meal………never done one before. So I changed our Chef Mickey’s breakfast from 9:39 for 2 to 10:10 for 4. I absolutely made her day.

I also cancelled our Concourse Reservation on 9/22, I’ve been hearing some really bad reviews about this place. So I changed our dinner reservation to Boatwright’s to 8:30 pm for 4. I also cancelled our Boatwright’s breakfast on 9/23.

July 29: Called the dining and made us a breakfast reservation on 9/23 for Crystal Palace at 8:10. I can not wait for this one! Being able to be in the Magic Kingdom before it is actually open!!

July 30: I emailed my travel agent because Alan’s parents had said something Saturday about getting a hotel on 9/26 on Disney property or near for the night. And I had told her I might be able to add them to our room.

I also emailed the Atlanta Aquarium to find out ticket information. Someone had said it was a six month waiting list to get in. And we are thinking about going there on our way back.

July 31: My travel agent emailed me back and said that she had talked to someone at Disney and all we had to do was when we check in at the French Quarter on 9/22 let them know that we will have 2 guests staying with us the night of 9/26. It will cost an extra $15 a person

Got an email back from the aquarium and there is not no six month waiting list! And we can order tickets online or wait until we get there.

What our schedule is going to be:

9/21: Leave home

9/22: Check in at Port Orleans French Quarter (probably won’t be arriving till 6 or later)
    Boatwright’s dinner at 8:30 pm for the 4 of us

9/23: Magic Kingdom
    Crystal Palace at 8:10 am
    Whispering Canyon Café at 5:40 pm
    Plan to stay in Magic Kingdom all day: 9-11 with evening magic hours

9/24: Animal Kingdom/MGM
    Morning magic hours at Animal Kingdom (8 am)
    Plan to stay at Animal Kingdom until after the Parade (4 pm)
    Be at MGM by 5:30 pm
    Sci-Fi Dinner Theater at 6:00 pm
    Plan to stay at MGM until 11 pm with evening magic hours

9/25: Epcot
    Plan to stay in Epcot all day from 8-9 with morning magic hours
    Le Cellier reservation at 7:10 pm

9/26: MGM/Epcot
    MGM plan to finish what we didn’t get to do (morning/early afternoon)
    Then head to Epcot and stay until closing at 9 pm

9/27: Check out Day
    Chef Mickey’s for all 4 of us at 10:10 am
    Downtown Disney
    Check out other resorts if time
    Leave for home

As of 7/31 we are down to 53 days!
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like such a fun trip!!! I'm sure you and Alan will have a wonderful time!!! And the Crystal Palace breakfast looks like a good idea, you get to see the park with no crowds!!!
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I just read all your planning chapters- it sounds like a great trip planned! I look forward to reading your reports when you get back

Post Thanks / Like

We are 39 days out!!!Just had to share
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

us too!! Can't wait!
    Jan 1991--Off-site Condo
    Jan 1995--Off-Site Condo
    April 1998- Off-site & Dixie Landings
    Sept 2007- CBR (1st trip with husband...make that BWI...just upgraded 06/06/07...YEAH!!!
    )

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chapter 8~ August

8/5: I bought a photo bank for the trip instead of taking my laptop. It will hold up to 20gb of pictures. The only negative about this thing is that I can’t view the pictures. It just stores them until I have a chance to upload them to my computer.

8/6: We picked up some things from walmart and target for the trip

8/13: I bought some new spaghetti strap tops for the trip

8/15: I am so bummed! I just read that Rock N Roller Coaster will be down for rehab when we are at Disney World. I was really looking forward to riding this as I’ve never done MGM before.

8/16: I bought a new Casio Exilim point and shoot for the trip

8/19: bought some more tank tops and shorts for the trip.

8/20: Got an email from my travel agent that our documents are in. We have to go pick them up one day this week.

8/21: Well Tinkmom02 from Intercot and I have decided that we will meet up at the Magic Kingdom on 9/23 at 9:15 am. We are going to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean and then Jungle Cruise.

8/22: We met with our travel agent Sheila and went over our documents. Finally have the documents in my hands!!

8/23: I ordered me another pair of the croc flip flops “Ithaca” as I can’t seem to find them anywhere in town anymore so had to order them online. I got the pearl/black ones this time. As I’ve about worn out my first pair I got in June. So I wanted a new pair for the trip.

8/24: Went to target and picked up some of the travel things we will need like shampoo, conditioner, etc

8/25: Well I decided to just take my point and shoot camera with me instead of lugging around my big dslr. So I went to best buy and got a extra battery for the trip.

8/27: Ordered my customized maps off of the Disney website.

8/28: Went to the license branch and got everything I need updated as far as my identification goes for the trip.

8/29: I ordered my Disney Visa Rewards for the trip today. Have earned 26 points since I just got the card back in February. Figure this will be used mainly for drinks and such.

Also talked to Dopey’s Girl from Intercot we are going to meet up on 9/25 at MGM at noon and ride the Great Movie Ride together.

8/30: Got my croc flip flops in from ups today.

8/31:Updated Schedule:

9/21: Leave Indiana get to other side of Atlanta, GA and get hotel for the night

9/22: Drive from Atlanta to Disney World. Hope to arrive by no later than 6 pm.
    Dinner reservation at Boatwright’s at 8:30 pm Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island

9/23: Magic Kingdom Day
    Breakfast at 8:10 am at Crystal Palace
    Meet Tinkmom02 and her family at 9:15 at Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Ride Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise with them.
    Whispering Canyon Café dinner reservation at 5:40 pm
    Plan to stay for evening magic hours (till 11 pm)

9/24: Animal Kingdom/ MGM
    Animal kingdom morning magic hour (8 am)Animal Kingdom until after Parade
    Head to MGM by 5 pm
    Dinner at Sci Fi Drive In Theater at 6:00 pm
    Plan to stay in MGM for evening magic hours (till 11 pm)

9/25: MGM/Epcot
    Morning at MGM
    Meeting DopeysGirl at The Great Movie Ride at12 pm
    Plan to be at Epcot by 4 pm
    Dinner reservations at Le Cellier at 7:10 p
    Plan to stay in Epcot until closing at 9pm

9/26: Epcot
    Alan’s parents are going to meet us in the park
    Will be in Epcot all day
    Dinner reservations at Coral Reef at 5:20 pm

9/27: Check Out Day
    Check out of POFQ before breakfas
    Chef Mickey’s at 10:10 am
    Downtown Disney/Resort hopping
    Leave Florida and stop at Atlanta, GA for the night

9/28: Go to Atlanta Aquarium
    Stop at Disney Store in Nashville, TN

9/29 Make it home sometime the 29th

As of 8/31 were 22 days from Disney World!
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mnchknbrat1982 View Post
    8/5: I bought a photo bank for the trip instead of taking my laptop. It will hold up to 20gb of pictures. The only negative about this thing is that I can’t view the pictures. It just stores them until I have a chance to upload them to my computer.
    Neat, I've never heard of such a thing. How much $$ do they run for? I bought a new memory card for my digital camera so now I can take double the pictures and it was $30. It takes around 500 pictures and we'll be there for 2 weeks. I think I'm going to get yet another one still....

Have a great trip!!!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chapter 9~ September

Since we are getting so close to our trip and leaving, I am just going to post our September pre-trip as things happen.

Chapter 9~ September

Sept 1: Went to Walmart to pick up the rest of the things we need for the trip. Wasn’t able to get everything though as they was out at the Westside

2: Went to the other walmart and got the last few things for the trip.

4: Typed up all of my papers that I want to take with us.
    ~ Recommend attraction visitation times for each park (from the unofficial guide)
    ~ photopass spots the photographers are normally at
    ~ list of closings/rehabs while we are in Disney
    ~ crowd level calendar (found at tourplans.com)
    ~ Dining plan ADR’s with confirmation numbers
    ~ my packing list
    ~ schedule

6: Went and got some spray deodorant for my flip flops

8: Went to walmart and got our snacks for the trip

9: Alan’s mom got to looking at the MSCS schedule and noticed that there is a race in Union, Ky the Saturday we are to get back. So now she wants to try and make it to the race. So here is the updated schedule:

9/21: Leave Indiana get to other side of Atlanta, GA and get hotel for the night

9/22: Drive from Atlanta to Disney World. Hope to arrive by no later than 6 pm.
    Dinner reservation at Boatwright’s at 8:30 pm
    Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island

9/23: Magic Kingdom Day
    Breakfast at 8:10 am at Crystal Palace
    Meet Tinkmom02 and her family at 9:15 at Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Ride Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise with them.
    Whispering Canyon Café dinner reservation at 5:40 pm
    Plan to stay for evening magic hours (till 11 pm)

9/24: Animal Kingdom/ MGM
    Animal kingdom morning magic hour (8 am)
    Animal Kingdom until after Parade
    Head to MGM by 5 pm
    Dinner at Sci Fi Drive In Theater at 6:00 pm
    Plan to stay in MGM for evening magic hours (till 11 pm)

9/25: MGM/Epcot
    Morning at MGM
    Meeting DopeysGirl at The Great Movie Ride at 12 pm
    Plan to be at Epcot by 4 pm
    Dinner reservations at Le Cellier at 7:10 pm
    Plan to stay in Epcot until closing at 9pm

9/26: Epcot
    Alan’s parents are going to meet us in the park
    Will be in Epcot all day
    Dinner reservations at Coral Reef at 5:20 pm

9/27: Check Out Day
    Check out of POFQ before breakfast
    Chef Mickey’s at 10:10 am
    Downtown Disney/Resort hopping
    Leave Florida and stop at Atlanta, GA for the night

9/28: Go to Atlanta Aquarium
    Stop at Disney Store in Nashville, TN
    Get hotel in Nashville, TN

9/29 Go to MSCS race in Union, Ky
    Drive home after the race

13th: Finally ordered the photo pass cd for the trip with the preorder discount

15th: Added the Segaway Around The World Tour in Epcot on 9/26 at 8:30 am

19th: Finally got my Disney Visa Rewards Card today. What a hassle this has been! I ordered it Aug 29th. Well I called them last week because I still hadn't got it.........the guy said what a few days. So when I hadn't got it Monday I called them again. This time I spoke to a lady that said she would fed ex it to me with 2 day rush. Said the only thing she could thing of was that it got lost in the mail as it hadn't been activated.

We leave in 2 days!
    Last edited by Mnchknbrat1982; 09-19-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: added info
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: