Quantcast Tusker House Buffet Starting November 2007: Updated 9/27/07 with Menu & Detailed info - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool ADR for Donald's Safari Breakfast

I tried to make them yesterday and was told that they were not accepting reservations for Donald's Safari Breakfast yet because it wasn't in the computer system. She tried to find out when, but could not get me an answer, other than try back another time. Anybody else have more information?
    Next Up: 06/2017 POLY
    06/2015 POFQ
    11/2013 WL
    06/2012 Swan
    09/2011 POP/WL
    11/2010 WL
    01/2010 HIEX Off-Site
    06/2009 CBR
    11/2007 PORS
    05/2006 POFQ
    10/1999 Beach Club/DCL Wonder
    06/1997 Beach Club
    06/1994 POFQ
    09/1992 CBR
    05/1980 Royal Plaza Hotel - Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Well, it's not the end of the world, just life as we know it!

Respectfully, that AK will end up with the same number of CS venues is not the same thing, especially if the BBQ sauce at Flame Tree repeats on you (as it does me), and you go to the park with people who evince no interest whatsoever in anything Yak and Yeti CS may have to offer. [I personally am looking forward to see what they have to offer, but I am quite a bit more adventurous!]

Since I am able to for many other places I want to eat (on the order of 12 last trip) I am certainly capable of making an ADR for a TH buffet. But it certainly won't be for a Character Meal. At least I'll still be able to get a Cinnamon Roll and coffee at the walk-up bakery window, even though I will no longer be welcome to enjoy it indoors.

Seriously, I really hate being negative about this, but I certainly echo the feelings that it was nice to have a place that you could decide at the last minute to eat, and enjoy food well above CS average. I love the salmon, and I also hope that we'll see it, the corn chowder, the chicken and other selections as part of the new buffet. I may find myself embracing the new TH TS, but I will also mourn the TH CS.
    Larry
    Next trip: April-May, 2007:Wilderness Lodge Resort, Polynesian Resort
    Latest Trips: April, 2006: Wilderness Lodge; January, 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I want to pipe in here for a second! We went on the Sunrise Safari a few years ago and had the breakfast buffet at Tusker House that capped off the experience. While it was on a smaller scale than would be offered to the general public (serving maybe 60-70 people at once), it was wonderful! It had a combination of North American breakfast favorites (eggs, breakfast meats, cereal, pancakes, etc.), it also offered up some African dishes and tropical fruit in addition to the normal melons and citrus fruit we usually see at buffets.

As for the lunch, unless they were to move the rotisseries to another venue, I don't see them not offering the entrees we've come to like there over the past few years. From what I've seen on the Food Network and Travel Channel, these were not your run of the mill rotisseries. They're not about to throw out that investment.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new buffets have to offer.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would look forward to this more if there were different characters. Maybe Timon, Rafiki, Mulan & someone from Hercules or Emperor's New Groove.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Donald's Safari Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by stitchcousin View Post
    Ok, I read an earlier post that Tusker House was closing. Today, I tried making ressies for Breakfastosaurus for Nov 6th. The CM told me that Breakfastosaurus was closing Nov 5th and moving to the Tusker House (opening Nov 17th there as a new Donald character breakfast. This is to make room for the new character breakfast to open where Breakfastosaurus was (Yeti, I would assume). No wonder they wouldn't let me book breakfastosaurus earlier this week (they just kept telling me that it was due to it not being exactly 180 days out). Ok, now it makes sense! I had to book Rainforest instead, which is ok, but I sure will miss Donald this trip

I had the same issue and when I asked if I could book Donald's Safari Breakfast instead, they said they could not accept bookings yet? Is this correct? Do I need to wait until November when Tusket House / Donald's Safari Breakfast opens to make a booking? We are also on the DDP.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sacruizer
    ... they said they could not accept bookings yet? Is this correct?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by sacruizer
    Do I need to wait until November when Tusket House / Donald's Safari Breakfast opens to make a booking?
    Probably not that long, but they will not likely start accepting reservations until they actually start the conversion process to make sure they will re-open on the planned date.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Just called and the first operator said it was all booked up for Sunday the 18th of November. Had a weird feeling about the phone call so I tried a second operator. I was the first person to book for the 18th and I have the confirmation #. All my ADR's are planned and we are just waiting for the 16th.

Thanks for posting the update this morning!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

We called the other day and got reservations for breakfast on 11/27 at 10:25. We figure this way, if we're able to take our time maybe we can get some breakfast with the characters and maybe get a little taste of the lunch items too. But we are thinking about switching to lunch. In either case, I'll have a review for this fairly new restaurant when we get back!
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media: