Quantcast The All Time Biggest WDW Resort Question!! - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    I'm not saying the deluxes are more exciting - reason why I love to stay there is that I can walk right into the parks!
    There is only 1 park, you can so called "walk into". There are 4 parks, not including the WP. Epcot if your staying in those resorts, and MK if you staying in those. They all require some sort of Disney transportation or your own car. If your in a Epcot resort, you need a boat to get to MGM. How do you get to the MK? If your in the Contemporary, how do you get to Epcot? You need a car or Disney transportation. You can do just as well in a MOD or Value.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great News jakeybake !
    I am happy all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
    Thanks to all who have weighed in so far.

Quick update. We switched to the Beach Club but kept the vacation at 7 days, 6 nights. So a real win-win situation for all involved!!!

Now let the planning begin!!!!!

Thanks again to all of you and keep chiming in if you so desire!

Jay

That is definitely a WIN - WIN situation!!! HAVE FUN!!!
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it was able to be resolved to all parties agreement (just don't let the kids start to chime in now! ) Have a great trip and happy planning!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great decision! We decided on a longer vacation and a moderate hotel. Not that I don't love AKL...but I'd rather be WDW for 7 days vs 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
    There is only 1 park, you can so called "walk into". There are 4 parks, not including the WP. Epcot if your staying in those resorts, and MK if you staying in those. They all require some sort of Disney transportation or your own car. If your in a Epcot resort, you need a boat to get to MGM. How do you get to the MK? If your in the Contemporary, how do you get to Epcot? You need a car or Disney transportation. You can do just as well in a MOD or Value.
    If you stay at Contemporary - you can walk to the Magic Kingdom. - And now if you stay at Swan\Dolphin or Boardwalk - you can also walk to MGM (not that I'd want to cause its a longer walk) as well as Epcot.

We tend to eat alot of dinners at Epcot - so its a major advantage to us to be able to walk in - is all I was trying to say.......

Yes - we still have to bus it to AK and MK (unless we walk across Epcot to the monorail. Monorail is so much nicer than the buses isn't it?
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    Remember your THE MAN, You are in charge... Ok, now that that statement is overwith I hope my wife doesnt read this. Seriously though, I would not sacrifice even a day for a nicer resort. If we stay at Disney for a week but need to do it with less money we would NOT hesitate to stay at all star movies. The time we are there is VERY important to us. If i were you...Id try to convince my wife that the extra day is worth it. My wife on the other hand does EVERYTHING i tell her.
    You my dear, are a very brave man!
    I'm guessing your wife doesn't visit the boards? LOL!!
    4 Visits to WDW over the past 10 years.
    Too many visits to DLR over the past 30 years!

Post Thanks / Like

That is my kind of solution!!! The one I was going to recommend. Let's face it, you both have equally important feelings about what makes a vacation special for you! I happen to like the Deluxe resort AND as long a stay as possible. It's great that you are both able to splurge and not resent the other. Hope you have a wonderful time. And Ginny, I hope the world is even more magical for you in the future! Sending you some pixie dust!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We are strictly shorter and at Deluxe people. (BC, YC, BW, GF) Last year we added a day at Riverside just for a less expensive last night so we could stat late at the parks and compared to a deluxe check in, it was like a cattle call. The room was fine but the ammeneties and personal service are lacking. But then again, we go for the leisure vacation and don't run from attraction to attraction in the parks. Late breakfast and late fine dining every night is our style. If we can only afford 3-4 nights instead,, to us, it's more relaxing.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
    Quick update. We switched to the Beach Club but kept the vacation at 7 days, 6 nights. So a real win-win situation for all involved!!!

Thanks again to all of you and keep chiming in if you so desire!

Jay
    Looks like you BOTH can have your cake and eat it, too! Now that what I'm talking about.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    Looks like you BOTH can have your cake and eat it, too! Now that what I'm talking about.
    Just think: if you were staying at POFQ or POR, you could be both having your beignets and eating them, too!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledraf View Post
    We are strictly shorter and at Deluxe people. (BC, YC, BW, GF) Last year we added a day at Riverside just for a less expensive last night so we could stat late at the parks and compared to a deluxe check in, it was like a cattle call....
    I don't know how many others do this, but we found this to be a wonderful alternative to spending large amounts of money for the first and last nights. We usually drive down from southern Ontario and take about 3 days to get there and 3 more to get home. It always seemed like a waste to arrive at 8 pm and not have use of the parks, and then leave the parks at 8 pm and only be able to drive a short while before stopping for the night, or have no use of the parks on the last day.

We always find a cheaper place off-site near the Maingate so we can enjoy our full first and last days at the parks.

That is kinda what I am doing...hmm...TODAY! I am leaving for the airport at 6pm TODAY (Monday) and staying in Orlando for two nights while I wait for my beloved wife to catch up to me, fresh from the POTC premiere in Los Angeles and just in time for the grand opening at WDW! (Yes. I spoil her. She deserves it!)

We both win: she gets to spend time with her friends, Johnny-watching; I get to spend some time at Kennedy Space Centre and Ron Jon's Surf Shop.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd sleep in my car for an extra day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hahaha this sparked a debate..

So I asked my DH your question, only I messed it up and said All-Stars vs Deluxe to which he responded, less time at a Deluxe would be his preference given those two options. I was like, really????? I wouldn't go as far as staying in a cardboard box, but I would seriously consider staying in a value again. But then I re-read your post to him and he agreed, POR for longer would be better.

What if you chose a different moderate resort???

-- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snobby Snobs?

I've stayed at some of the deluxes at WDW. Isn't a medium sized room with queen size beds, a balcony and polyester bedspreads called "Holiday Inn" everywhere else in the US?

When WDW talks to us as we talk to each other we say "deluxe" when we say "Grand Floridian" to our friends they hear, "the amusement park with the mouse."

As far as convenience goes, even the deluxes are a trade-off. BC guests take a bus to the MK or AK. CR guests can walk to the MK but everywhere else is less convenient to get to.

Now, to your situation. A day less and $700 more, especially since the person requesting the change it willing to pony up the cash, sounds swell to me.

It's fine for people to like the WDW deluxe resorts but I can't see being 'snobby' about it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: