Quantcast yavn.... Makes me want to yell....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yavn.... Makes me want to yell....

This is all I have to say about his update right now....

iwefonasdobcaoefbowaebfobwe (edited for explitives)

5/21 – UPDATE! It's time for another edition of Yavn Speaks, this week some major VMK news so fasten your seat belts.

You Came and You Played

I hope you're enjoying the new Pirates of the Caribbean Quest, and the rewards of multiple Quest completion – we've had a lot of fun creating these in-Park Quests but as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end… so it's with a heartfelt sigh that I announce the in-Park Questing portion of VMK will be ending at Disneyland on June 3rd, 2007. Yep, when the Park closes on Sunday night, June 3rd, VMK Central will close and no longer redeem any Quest or distribute Rewards.

So hold on, before you start sending me and the Walt Disney Company hate mail, let me explain why this is happening. First of all, I'm sure many of you will remember the VMK Tour, the Fantasyland Quest and other VMK in-Park Quest and Rewards – then you'll remember that we've continued to change the way the program has run over time. Secondly, the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – in fact, we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

The game is still enormously successful and continues to run strong – and you'll still be able to Quest in-Park at Walt Disney World – but VMK, like Disneyland and our other Parks is constantly changing. Our thanks go out to all the Players and Cast Members that have supported the program over the last few years – and remember we will still continue the in-Park Quest and Rewards program at Walt Disney World.

I'm sure you have questions, that's why I've prepared this handy Q&A:

Why is this happening?

VMK was launched for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. The game has been enormously successful but the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

Can I turn in Quest to Disneyland after VMK Central is gone?

No.

Can I take my Disneyland Quest to Walt Disney World?

No. Walt Disney World doesn't have the same rewards or a system in place to take the Disneyland Quest.

When is the last day I can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland?

The last day you can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland is June 3rd.

So I won't be able to get any more VMK Cards at Disneyland?

The regular Reward Cards that you receive as prizes for completing Quest won't be available after June 3rd, but there will still be select merchandise locations (like The Magic Shop on Main Street) that will have merchandise cards (like the Magic Mirror) available at those locations. Look for more announcements related to this program in the future.

Does this mean VMK is going to end?

No. The game continues going strong – and we've got some exciting additions coming in the next few months – so stay tuned! Plus, you can still go Questing in-Park at Walt Disney World.

Your Comments – Answered
    Did you notice that the reward for the print-from-home Tomorrowland Quest, the Inner-Space Suit Magic Spell is now non-tradable? Or how about that you can now nominate a Best Game/Quest or Guest Room? Just click Contact Us (located at the bottom of any VMK webpage) follow the prompts, and then select 'Nominate the Best' from the list of options. These are changes we making in response to your suggestions to make VMK better!

I should also remind you that we're still deleting accounts – so if you've got a VMK account that hasn't been played in a while, you should log on to keep the account active. Once we delete accounts there's no way we can recover your character or your stuff, so stay connected and keep your account VMK live.

One more thing to mention – we aren't taking any applications for Community Leaders right now. If you see a new Community Leader that application came from a pool of applications that were taken before we stopped taking CL applications.

*END UPDATE*
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

double post yay.

So, am I reading this wrong, or is chescat, monkey, genie, tink, and all our other DLR people going to have a bone to pick, so well choosen words to say, and some true inferno going on? This is just the icing on the cake for me, the game always was modeled after WDW, never really reminded me of DLR as much.

Bad joke if it is one. I'm kinda mad right now. Going to wait for other people to reply before I say anymore.
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I understand your reaction varcity! I would put all of this in caps but I don't want to annoy people. I'm clicking like mad now. I can't believe this! First of all, why take away VMK Central in DLR when they're not taking it away from WDW? The only reason why I go to DLR (take out the rides) is for the "redemption." Second, why would they take it out when it draws a small population of people who play VMK to DLR because they want to get their prizes? Not only does it not make sense, they're kind of breaking a small tradition of a great VMK idea. I bet the quest items I've been looking for are going to soar to a hundred in value. I doubt that I will go to DLR and claim my Mickey TV before it ends. VMK you will get this!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

They don't really give much notice, do they? I'm very new to VMK; do they do this often? Just suddenly stop doing things, cut things off?

One thing that makes me a little uncomfortable is how he said VMK was really only launched for the 50th anniversary celebration. He says that no, VMK is not shutting down, but who really knows? I bet they never really said the in-park quests would end either. Makes me wonder....

Post Thanks / Like

Doll, if you could get your pass to someone by next friday we can turn it in. i'll be there with cat, genie, and monkey. I do think quest stuff will soar in value including mickey tv and red space codes.

Also wanted everyone to meet Jedi.Princess. I converted her to Intercot this week! Welcome to the dark side Jedi.

Any smilies do not mean that I am now happy.

Dreaming of Imagineering

LittleDragonErin Guest

I'm utterly speechless right now.

Well, no, that's not true. I can say something, but it would't be appropriate on a Disney site.

I will say that I cannot see much good reason to go to the park now as often anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

So why exactly did they even bother to make new quests for us a few weeks ago.

So does this also mean we lose the cave? I mean when the locals go to the park, we spend money on meals and usually pins.

I was concerned about the Nemo Submarine and all the queue lines when they said they were closing innoventions for some of the days. So if the decision was to get rid of the booth, why can't they just do it inside like they do during the rain. Does this mean the animation desks will also be gone?

I'm going to stop, before I go further.

LittleDragonErin Guest

I just gave Monkey the bad news and his response was simply, "Guess I'm going to be saving money from buying pins every other week."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi.Princess View Post
    They don't really give much notice, do they? I'm very new to VMK; do they do this often? Just suddenly stop doing things, cut things off?

One thing that makes me a little uncomfortable is how he said VMK was really only launched for the 50th anniversary celebration. He says that no, VMK is not shutting down, but who really knows? I bet they never really said the in-park quests would end either. Makes me wonder....
    Yes, VMK was made specifically for the Happiest Celebration on Earth and was only supposed to run for the 18 (or 12?) month period. The game became a huge success and that is why we are still in the game now.

Funny how they invested the most money into building the cave and the booth at Disneyland while we had $20 computers and wallpaper plastered everywhere at Magic Kingdom. This is one that I don't think I will ever get and it seems the entire VMK community is about to go into a riot over this.

Seems that something is getting a bit fishy, and I'm interested to see these next few month's for the history of the overall game because this seems like a major cutback.
    ŴĐŴ∫βňăŧĭć aka David ΊoΊ

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

out of respect for this site, i'll keep my opinion to myself

well maybe after I calm down a bit i'll start into my rant.

I'm just in the midst of booking a trip in Sept to DLR. I'm going to have some VERY disappointed kids when i tell them about this %*#@
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
    I just gave Monkey the bad news and his response was simply, "Guess I'm going to be saving money from buying pins every other week."

Tell Monkey we'll have our final meeting at the VMK when Varcity comes down.

I've been reading some of the other sites to see what locals are saying. Its fishy they came out with new quests around first of May. They just updated the booth with all new stuff. Its still not fair that one park gets it and the other doesn't. He also doesn't announce this before the space suit becames non-tradeable.

Two things are coming out of all the decisions. First, they found they are making money on those Pirate VMK pins. For some reason its big right now for a few Mystery VMK pin sets. Maybe they are doing that. Also they are allowing virtual stuff to be sold on eBay. I don't get that either.

Second, maybe they are going to start charging us to play VMK or the budget has been pulled on VMK for the outside stuff. If they start charging, I'll spend the money on Pirates-on-line instead.

I do think the thought is, they are going to have lots of people coming to DLR this summer for the Nemo Ride and the Pirates Lair. And they don't need promotions to bring people in. They need the man power for those areas.

Still makes me want to scream. At least this saves me gas.

Post Thanks / Like

As many others have said on many other fansites, the writing is clearly on the wall.

The management is probably very unwilling to support this anymore. I kind of get the feeling that his emphasis and implications on "created for the 50th celebration" is a hint hint poke poke nudge nudge at the fact that VMK is closing ultimately.

I've decided to just come to face reality and realize that VMK is closing. We knew it wouldn't last forever, and albeit fishy, it is very clear as to what is going on here.

Kind of leaves me feeling like and and .
    Josh
    aka Beaches and Cream
    DVC Members- 11/06/01!
    37 Trips to the Beach Club Villas! (and counting!)

LittleDragonErin Guest

The irritating part is that he says he'll explain yet he doesn't. He dances around the question making excuses for why they should be able to close VMK Central in DLR. He does bring up the "will VMK close" point though. And he mentions the in-store cards are still available. I'm going to go with...

VMK sells for good money on Ebay. Pirate pin cards are selling pretty well (even spawning other mystery pin packs in similar fashion). The Disney movie rewards thing actually got people to buy more DVDs. The Stitch reward package got people to use Disney Travel over the other available options to book trips. So rather than free swag, we pay for it. Sounds like the marketing team is doing some restructuring to me.

Post Thanks / Like

arg, here I go again. I really feel it is closing. Going from weekly to bi-monthly yavn speaks columns means to me he is less focused on the game, but for what reason? Perhaps fighting for the existance of the game, and his job. But then why not tell us all to email in and say to keep VMK running.

I like Dragons idea of purchasing cards over giving cards. I would expect an online card store, but then there will be people selling the cards for profit as well. A good marketing plan would be selling cards in park...

He really does beat around the bush. I am so confused on why WDW is getting the special treatment (sorry to the east coasters). To only allow WDW to get quest items, it makes DLR people have to fight hard for them raising prices tremendously.

Cat, Im thinking you me and monkey start a protest friday afternoon in front of the booth? My second idea is handing filled out quest sheets to guests who dont play to get us all maximum cards. lol.

I just don't get it. I just booked my trip through disneyland for the stitch card alone. It alone attracted me to the park through them. I could have gone through AAA for 50$ cheeper.

This carried on too long. Im hoping someone steps up this week sometime for an update and major explanation.

sigh

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by varcity View Post
    Cat, Im thinking you me and monkey start a protest friday afternoon in front of the booth? My second idea is handing filled out quest sheets to guests who dont play to get us all maximum cards. lol.
    You laugh I got a better idea. We put Erin in front of us and say, hey everybody, do the quest for us and you get her autograph. (Monkey can keep her from running away).

Wow and all of this coming up on the anniversary of VMK. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. interesting turn of events.

First, I have to disagree that the game is modeled on WDW. It's very Disneyland like and doesn't resemble the Magic Kingdom all that much.

Although this news doesn't surprise me, I'm not sure why they are leaving it opened in WDW. It's intention was gamevertising to attract visitors during an 18 month period. Possibly, the higher amount of people using the cave in DLR are locals, where as in WDW more players from other areas would dominate VMK Central. If DLR isn't making any any extra money from the quest promotion they would likely redirect their advertising budgeting. Of course leaving the cards where it states "free with purchase" was a wise money making decision for the shops.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

This now makes me not to get the Mickey TV. So now how are we DLR VMK'ER to get the rest of the Mickey stuff when and if they come out. And what will happen if VMK does close down for good. We will lost alot of friends from this. It now gets me now why all of a sudden they are deleting VMK names from VMK. Is this the next step of saying VMK is no more?
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

I guess us Floridans will have to get all of these cards?
    ŴĐŴ∫βňăŧĭć aka David ΊoΊ

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe this Need to take a small break.

Ok, back now. Why would they let us get the first two cards of a thirty card set (series three) and one card of a four card special set and then pull them all away?

I have been playing since beta, at first it was only because my brother and I liked the few games, but being a huge card collector, when they started making cards I was hooked and so was the rest of my family. I don't play too often anymore, mostly I just log on so I don't get deleted and maybe do a new quest. Mostly I am in it for the cards and the quest pamphlets. Now I don't know if it will be worth it, I will wait and see how difficult it is to trade for any future Florida only cards, if I can't get them then I don't think that I will be playing any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by varcity View Post
    Doll, if you could get your pass to someone by next friday we can turn it in. i'll be there with cat, genie, and monkey. I do think quest stuff will soar in value including mickey tv and red space codes.
    Ty varcity for the generous offer. But the only times where we'll buy the pass is when we actually go to the park, because for my family the "redemption" thing is like second choice. We usually go for the rides, then tackle VMK Central when all the FastPasses are burned out. Thank you though
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: