Quantcast A Yankee Thread - 2007 Season

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Yankee Thread - 2007 Season

I thought it would be nice to have a place where fellow Yankee & Disney fans can commiserate, discuss, chat, whine , intelligently talk about our team's crazy, challenging, seemingly almost lost season.

There seems to be a lot of us, and we can at least have a place to share our frustrations and disappointment for this season so far.

Request: That being said - if you don't like, despise, don't care for or otherwise "hate" the Yankees, please start another thread to discuss those sentiments. Pretty please? Thanks.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Abreu's got to go.........

Though I don't know who would take him.

Normally I like to think I exhibit patience with a player who's slumping (I never gave up on A-Rod last year & of course, my exhibiting patience matters nada anyway ) but can we afford to keep him in the line up with the way this whole team has been playing (Thank goodness for Jeter, Posada & A-Rod).

I mean - we need to start winning some games here.

Its been so annoying - when the pitching is good - the hitting disappears. When we bring in 6 runs - the other team scores more.

I've been reading rumors that the Yanks might go after Torii Hunter. How about tomorrow? LOL. Damon needs to go on the DL - NOW.

What's your gut telling you? Do we pull the AL East off (everyone that I read keeps saying Boston's going to cool eventually) or can we even earn a Wild Card spot this year?

Think Cashman has any miracles up his sleeve?
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even know what to think. The spend all this money and they can't even win.

The new stadium is starting to take shape though...it's looking good so far.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate to say "I'm not panicking" to all of my Red Sox friends, inside I am. I don't get it. I just don't get it. All the money aside, this team just has too much talent to play like this.
    Also, something about this season just feels weird. Yesterday, for example, Abreu being called out on back-to-back bad calls just didn't happen in seasons passed - there have been a lot of those calls against the Yanks this year - that NEVER happens - it's always the other way around. I'm not crying - not at all - I just think this team is going to have to find something to rally around - like Roger Clemens' return - and go from there. I will say - Rocket's return will make for a very interesting and fun summer. Lets get him going, get through the rotation 4 or 5 times without missing a start, get Hughes back and get back to .500. All those things need to happen before we can even start talking Wild Card...
    October 1982 Days Lodge
    February 1992 Holiday Inn
    October 2001 Clarion Maingate
    April 2003 Wilderness Lodge
    March 2006 Caribe Royale Resort
    September 2006 Pop Century
    January 2012 Windsor Hills
    January 2014 Santa Cruz (Off-site) Marathon Weekend / Marathon Participant!

Post Thanks / Like

I will never give up on my beloved Yankees however, I really hope we can get it together...soon.

Some days it seems like they are really coming around and they are playing really great baseball. Bats are going, pitchers are keeping it going. Other days (sadly,most days lately) they just really fall apart.

Jeter, Arod, Posada and a few others have been constant. Thankfully we can rely on them.

My middle son, 7, is a HUGE Yankees fan. He keeps asking me if they are going to make it to the WS this year?! Thankfully he is young enough to let "We'll see" be a good enough answer. We get two 7 game flex packs each season for a total of 14 games, plus we go to Opening Day and games in between. So far, they have won 4 of the last 5 we have gone to. One of which was a huge game for Arod. (We were down by 2 and he hit a walk off with 2 on to win the game with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th!!!!). Our next game is not until July 2nd. We are hoping they can "come around" by then so he can continue to watch them win. I told him that maybe he was their good luck charm..lol.

I keep telling myself it is only May. We are really hoping we can see the season turn around soon.
    Last edited by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom; 05-27-2007 at 09:46 PM. Reason: BIG spelling error..Sorry
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Kakn7294's DH posting: Funny you should mention a lost season - I thought the same thing myself when I saw the Yankees loss yesterday to the Angels. It does seem that the season is going south in a hurry but maybe it's just the Yankee fan in me that I still believe that they can turn it around. Of course that is if the pitching staff ever comes around and the hitting improves - they need more consistency in the bats. I ultimately feel the worst for Joe Torre as irregardless of what's quoted in the papers I think the Boss is looking hardest at him. You think this wouldn't bother me as much since I live in Pittsburgh and I'm also a Pirate fan but I have been a devout Yankee fan since 1979 so this is killing me especially since it's the Red Sox in first place.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Torre calls team meeting

And it looks like it had no effect.

Here are some snippets from an article:

“I’ve seen some tentativeness,” Torre said. “If there’s a word to characterize this whole thing, it’s ’frustration.”’
    Torre did not divulge specifics about the meeting, but said he’ll continue to try different things to create a winning spark.“We’re going to keep rearranging the furniture until we find something that works,” he said. “Right now, we don’t seem to be blending this thing very well.”
    t’s not about chasing anybody,” Torre said. “Right now we’ve got to straighten out our house. Our playoff opportunity is going to come from our record, not from who we’re chasing.”Torre cautioned against counting on Roger Clemens to cure all of New York’s ills. In his third minor league tuneup, Clemens was sharp Monday at Triple-A and could soon rejoin the rotation.
    “We don’t have one savior who can do everything,” Torre said. “We need to have everybody do what they can do and not be afraid to make mistakes.”
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Watching tonight's game vs Toronto all I can say is

Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Just came across this thread - don't know how I missed it - given our screen name!!!

Any who - the Yankees have certainly had their share of challenges this year !!

But as I am writing this we have a 6 run lead against Boston - maybe this is a positive sign for things to come!

Coming up....BCV and BWV 2016????
    BWV July 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15!!!!
    BWV and BCV July 2009
    BWV 12/2008 (Surprise trip!)
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2008
    Swan 06/2007
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2005
    Beach Club Villas 11/2004, 04/2006
    Contemporary 4/2002, 4/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Yankee View Post

But as I am writing this we have a 6 run lead against Boston - maybe this is a positive sign for things to come!

The game just got over. Promising, I hope they can continue this way. They looked like the Yankees I know and love.

What did you think about Proctor??
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Post Thanks / Like

OK - I don't want to jinx us - but finally - four in a row!!!

Hope the Rocket can keep it going tomorrow!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    OK - I don't want to jinx us - but finally - four in a row!!!

Hope the Rocket can keep it going tomorrow!!

We are hoping the same thing!! Go Yankees!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping the Yankees finally turned the corner and will start playing like they should be... There is no excuse for this poor poor start.... Yes, they had injuries, but so did other teams.... But, fellow Yankee fans, let's not panic.. Remember, Atlanta won 14 division titles, and last year were terrible, but are now back on track... The Red Sox had a good team last year, and played like a little league team... So, teams go through these kinds of seasons.... After all the years the Yankees won, it was time for the team to start showing its age and slump badly....

Remember, it isn't where you start or where you are in June... it is where you finish in October.... And something tells me the Yankees will be there in the end....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The Yanks are playing my Pirates this weekend, so you can pretty much figure on a series sweep.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    The Yanks are playing my Pirates this weekend, so you can pretty much figure on a series sweep.

Sorry.

Five in a row!!!!

Let's see if the "kid" can make it six!!!

Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002
    Remember, it isn't where you start or where you are in June... it is where you finish in October.... And something tells me the Yankees will be there in the end....

Yes - it was hard to see in the beginning.......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad they are playing better than the beginning of the season... I just fear that Boston has too much of a lead for the Yankees to catch them and make a race of it in the AL EAST....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

See, told ya! Pirates = series sweep. Bad for me, great for Yankees fans - including my DH!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - six in a row!!!!!!

Now let's get over .500 !!!!!

If we can't win the division - I think we have a legitimate shot at the wild card.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Huge fan here...

We just need two more wins (and no losses) to get to .500! We can do it!

This is , but it feels so nice that after we took 2 out of 3 from Boston - we've been winning and they've been losing.

GO Yankees!!!!
    ~*
    Land and Sea Cruisin' May 17-24!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Dr's appt this am and was wearing one of my Yankees hats.
    The Dr told me I could wear it with pride now since they were coming around and had won the last 6.

I told him that I wear them no matter how they are playing.

I am so glad they are playing like the team I know and love.

Let's keep it up!!

(There should be a lot of noise around here this weekend. My son, daughter, husband and I are all Yankees fans, My oldest son is a Mets fan.)
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: