Quantcast A Yankee Thread - 2007 Season - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well - we didn't take 4 from the O's - but we got today's game.

Only 4 back in the Wild Card ...........

C'mon Alex - get 500 over with!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Well - we didn't take 4 from the O's - but we got today's game.

Only 4 back in the Wild Card ...........

C'mon Alex - get 500 over with!!!
    Did you see the look Posada gave Farnsworth with that one pitch?? Wow, was he angry. Not that I blame him. I don't think it was intentional but, Jorge could have really gotten hurt.

As for Alex, What stress he must be under. Next 6 games are home, so it is really cool that it should be in the stadium.

Hey Red Randal...How was being at the game?? Hope you had a great time.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    Hey Red Randal...How was being at the game?? Hope you had a great time.
    It was quite a nerveracking game to be at, honestly. But Camden Yards was great. I love baseball stadiums and I had been waiting to get to Baltimore for awhile...it definately lives up to the hype. All things considered (rain delay, inept pitching, no 500th home run) it was a really great day.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    It was quite a nerveracking game to be at, honestly. But Camden Yards was great. I love baseball stadiums and I had been waiting to get to Baltimore for awhile...it definately lives up to the hype. All things considered (rain delay, inept pitching, no 500th home run) it was a really great day.

Glad to hear you had a great time!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see today's game?

An A-Bomb - by A-Rod!!!!!!

I am so happy he finally got his 500th - that had to be so nerve wracking with all those flashes going off (if I had been there, I would have been one of them LOL).

Now the Yankees need to sign him to an extended contract PRONTO!!!!

I am also glad I wasn't in the vicinity of the ball. Check this article out:

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez doesn't collect a lot of memorabilia, but the ball that he sent into the left-field stands on Saturday for his 500th career home run is one thing he'd like to get his hands on.

In a press conference after the game, Rodriguez had not yet met the fan who grabbed the marked No. 500 ball -- a male Rutgers University student who did not want to be identified -- but that doesn't mean that negotiations hadn't already been started. Rodriguez said he hopes to work out a deal with the student so he can save the ball for his two-year-old daughter, Natasha, to appreciate when she gets older.
    "It's his ball and I'm happy for him," Rodriguez said. "We've been negotiating something so that I can get the ball back, but if not, I congratulate him for catching it. Nice catch."

If only getting A-Rod's 500th home run ball was that simple. The student didn't catch the ball at all, but grabbed it in the midst of a violent battle in the aisle behind the first rows bordering the left-field fence.

"I really was nervous for that kid," said Phyllis Malgieri from Staten Island, N.Y., who was four rows directly behind the scrum with her daughter and husband. "I thought he was going to get hurt with all those people in there fighting. I was surprised he wasn't full of blood when he got up."
    Unlike an unexpected, hard-hit foul ball, Rodriguez's lofty shot hung in the air before landing -- enough time that people knew what was coming.

"You sort of felt sorry for the people that were going to be wrestling for that ball, because you knew for a long time that it was going to fall in there," manager Joe Torre said.

As it did fall, though, there wasn't much that the fans could do but stare as they witnessed history being made. No one was prepared at first to catch the ball, which hit the front-section seats before bouncing into the aisle.

Snapping back to reality, they pounced.
    "No one really moved, everyone just kind of looked at it," said 15-year-old Kevin Willinson from Nanuet, N.Y. "But once it hit, it was a brawl; everyone just sort of went for it."
    The Rutgers student was on the ground clamoring with the rest of the fans.

Somehow, he got hold of the ball and was promptly whisked away by security guards -- physically removed from the fray, spectators said -- pumping his arm while holding the ball in the air.

"The security guards finally got him -- they literally lifted him right up," said 15-year-old Jimmy Kelly, also from Nanuet, N.Y. "They got him out of there right away."
    He doesn't have the ball yet, but Rodriguez is already holding onto the milestone-hitting bat, which hit the first pitch of his first at-bat against Kyle Davies in the Yankees' 16-8 win against the Royals. The helmet A-Rod wore as he rounded the bases is being sent to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.

"I definitely want that ball," Rodriguez said. "I got the bat, and those are things I'm definitely going to keep for a long time."
    To get the ball from the Rutgers student, Rodriguez said Yankees spokesman Jason Zillo is negotiating with him to see what A-Rod will need to give him to acquire the ball.

"I'm not a good negotiator -- I usually hire a good attorney for that," Rodriguez said. "Hopefully we come up with something."
    In the past, players have been known to sign autographs and collectibles in exchange for balls from career-defining moments. For some, though, no amount of collateral would be enough to have endured the scuffle it took to get Rodriguez's 500th home run ball.
    "I don't care how much the ball is worth, I wouldn't have wanted to be in the middle of that," Malgieri said. "People just came out of nowhere, like birds fighting for a crumb off the ground. It was scary."

Lauren Kobylarz is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I would have been AT the game but, DS and I did watch it from home.

Great moment and great game. We watched his interview after too. I hope he gets the ball back.

He said some great things about being in Pinstripes...I hope he stays in them!!

We have a game at Yankee Stadium on August 17th. I can't wait to get back there. It has been a few weeks!

Off topic a little. I graduated High School with KC's 1st baseman, Ross Gload. He played really well against the Yankees in Kansas City and had a good two games here. It is hard to watch someone you grew up with and not be happy for him, but, he was playing too darn well against my Yankees!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the game in the left field upper deck and looked down directly on the scrum what a mess it was. A little harder and it could have been me it looked like it was heading right for our group It was an awesome day to witness history and be glad you weren't at the stadium it was a scorcher sitting in the stands. People were passing out left and right
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I was at the game in the left field upper deck and looked down directly on the scrum what a mess it was. A little harder and it could have been me it looked like it was heading right for our group It was an awesome day to witness history and be glad you weren't at the stadium it was a scorcher sitting in the stands. People were passing out left and right
    Congrats on getting to witness that first hand. That is pretty cool.

I know those upper seats can get brutally hot. We were in Tier 7, Row D a few weeks ago and even though it was not a hot day like yesterday we still had to go in a take a few breaks.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

So...you caught A-Rod's 500th homerun. Do you give him the ball?

I think I might be willing to just give it to him if it means getting to go into the clubhouse, meet A-Rod and some of the other Yankees, maybe get some autographs, pictures, etc.

Of course, I say that now, when not holding a baseball that's probably worth thousands of dollars in my hand.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

I would give it back to him - of course, for exchange of all the perks you mention. Its what a loyal fan should do! IMHO of course.

How about those Yanks? .5 out of the wild card lead!!!! Who would have thunk it?

Now let's keep it up and go kick some Toronto butt!!!!!!!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    So...you caught A-Rod's 500th homerun. Do you give him the ball?

I think I might be willing to just give it to him if it means getting to go into the clubhouse, meet A-Rod and some of the other Yankees, maybe get some autographs, pictures, etc.

Of course, I say that now, when not holding a baseball that's probably worth thousands of dollars in my hand.

Yes. I would give it back to him.

Even without perks if it meant DS and I could meet him.

Now...let's not go crazy. If I HAD to get some perks out of the deal that would work too..lol.

As far as the standings go, we are so excited in our house. I hope they can keep it up!!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Did you catch the sweep this weekend? Only 4 games back, and virtually tied for the wildcard!

Let's go Yankees!!!!! Keep the momentum going!!!!!!!!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Did you catch the sweep this weekend? Only 4 games back, and virtually tied for the wildcard!

Let's go Yankees!!!!! Keep the momentum going!!!!!!!!!!!
    We watched all weekend.

We are going to the 7:05 game on Thursday night at the Stadium. We haven't been since July 5th so we are really looking forward to it!!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

Four behind Boston... tied for 1st in Wild Card.... The Yankees have finally arrived... I love how the Mets fans are now shaking that THE YANKEES RECORD IS BETTER!!! LoL.....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

OK - so tonight a minor setback - lol - if you can call 12-0 minor!!

I still think we're going to make the playoffs - thought I don't want to jinx it!!!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

OK - so tonight a minor setback - lol - if you can call 12-0 minor!!

I still think we're going to make the playoffs - thought I don't want to jinx it!!!!!!
    Yeah, that was pretty painful.

I am still thinking/hoping playoffs too.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez, Why didn't we get tickets for tonight's game instead of last night?!

WTG Andy and Giambi!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

Yankees vs Red Sox tomorrow 1:05 pm at the Stadium!!

Guess who is going to be there??!!

You guessed it...lol... My kids and I!!

Totally unexpected. My Dad has a co worker who has season Field Champ seats. They are 9 rows back from the field on the first base line. My Dad gets 6 of them each season, never to a Yanks/Red Sox game though. They are amazing seats and my boys are going to flip. I have not told them where we are sitting yet. When we don't go sit in Tier MVP they are going to be shocked!!

I have avoided taking them to a game between the two teams since they tend to get a little rowdy. I know the atmosphere in this area will be great for them. That on top of it being a rare day game between the two teams.

I just wish my Dad's girlfriend and son wasn't going so my DH and DD could go. It's okay, they go enough.

Sorry for the long post. I am just so excited!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

Going for the sweep.... What is that we hear out of Boston?? Not a peep.... Thinking the Yankees were done?? Not a chance.... Tomorrow, time to knock Schilling around....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

How about that awesome win last night?

I have to admit - I was a very bad fan last night - and turned the game off!!! Who could have conceived six runs in the 8th?!!!!!!

All I have to say is - way to go - this team wants the division - not just the playoffs!

Makes me proud to be a Yankee fan!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media: