Quantcast Michael Vick should be gone! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post

I'm a little confused by this statement. Please explain.
    Yes, this is indeed confusing. Why should they? Hey, as a fan of a team in the Falcons division, this is good news. Although honestly, I've never been super impressed by Vick. Seems to get injured a lot.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

well they remove vick they will lose more then likely 5 games ( the number they won last year ) this season because he was there star player remove him from the team and they will get beat badly since they have some big teams to play like colts. im not a falcon fan, as you can tell by my signature im a patriot fan, i never have liked the falcons and i think he did have knowledge of the dog fighting ring that took place at his viginia home. i hope he does get susspended or even banned from the NFL but right now he is still innocent untill proven guilty so im waiting till i hear the verdict from the judge to start criticizing him, even though he might not have actually done any dog fighting he let it take place on his property without telling anyone.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Next Trip: Sometime Soon I Hope!

Post Thanks / Like

My wonderful state of NJ wants to now investigate Vick for the dogfighting he did here in NJ as well as buying dogs from this state for the purpose of dog fighting... GO GET HIM NJ!!!!!! Get this thug in prison where he belongs...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

haha they will put him in prison for sure. didnt they go through background checks before being accepted into the NFL? because he started in 2003 and he started fighting as early as 2001.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad but True

It is sad that society convicts a person on just an indictment and news stories, but it doesn't help when this was NOT mike vicks first run in with the law. He has hung out with "thug" characters for a long time and they get him into more trouble than he should be letting them. Like my Late Grandfather who was a very wise man, God rest his soul, said....if a man lies with dogs he gets fleas! How true those words are Mike Vick...how true those are....ironic using dogs in that quote huh???

July 2001--FW
    Christmas 2005--Offsite
    Oct 2007--GF
    May 2008--Pop
    Oct 2009--Poly
    Oct 2010--BW
    Nov 2010--CS
    Nov/Dec 2011--BW
    Feb 2012--GF
    April 2012--AS
    Sep 2012--WL
    April 2013--Fantasy (eastern carribean)
    Sep 2013-SS
    Sep 2014-Fantasy (western carribean)
    Jan 2015-CS
    May 2016-Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

What is surprising to me is that here in Atlanta, this is turning into an OJ type deal. By saying that, it's starting to divide along racial lines (at least socioeconomic). There was an article on the ESPN Go site titled "Vick's Atlanta" that implies that he is like all of the civil rights icons in the past. He's being prosecuted because of his race and that's how things are in the south.
    There is no remorse. Dog fighting is part of back halls America right along side **** fighting. There will always be that element of society that is drawn to violence and gambling be it of any race. I say, get them all until it's not worth doing anymore.

I remember the mayor of Blue Ridge, GA got arrested for **** fighting 2-3 years ago. That was his second arrest and he keeps getting elected.

Post Thanks / Like

im not accusing vick of anything right now until he has been through his court appearances and that stuff and after the judge rules on it. but you have to remember innocent until proven guilty which he hasnt been proven guilty so you cant accuse him of dog fighting 100% right now
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal – and a likely prison sentence – to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, according to one of his attorneys.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

My prediction is he will serve one year in prison, then one year suspension, and be eligible to play in 2009. It won’t be for the Falcons.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post

Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal – and a likely prison sentence – to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, according to one of his attorneys.
    I also saw this news on ESPN.com thanks to your tip I think it is a no brainer that he is done for the year. I think he will probably also be done for good. He will go to prison and it is hard to stay conditioned in the slammer. Besides, what team is going to want to put him out on the field in their uniform. I love my Browns but if he ended up on their roster I will be done with my Browns.

People do have short memories, but I have a feeling a few people out there are not going to let us forget. All I have to do is look at one of my loved dogs and I get sick just seeing a picture of this thug.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    Besides, what team is going to want to put him out on the field in their uniform. I love my Browns but if he ended up on their roster I will be done with my Browns.
    Can you picture the buzz in the Dawg Pound if Vick played in Cleveland?

Now that he has admitted his guilt there is no way I would support him on any team nor would I want the Packers to sign him, even if he was the final cog to get them to the Super Bowl.

With the NFL's track record I'm sure he'll be dealt with stearnly. From the reoprts I've seen the Falcons will most likely cut him and even with his upside (if there is any) I doubt to many owners are going to be willing to take a gamble on him. My guess is he'll ever see an NFL field again.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

the plea bargain is for vick to plead guilty of conspiracy. i bet the raiders and cowboys would both still sign him. I also would rather have him on my team than some players in the league that have actually been accused of harm to human beings like for instance sean taylor who was actually up for what would equate to 21 years in prison worth of assault charges. i am not condoning what Vick did but i think they have been trying to crucify him for a long time, and i don't think that is right either.

and on a football side of things all you counting out atlanta, they may be a better team without vick, they are certainly more dangerous through the air with harrington, and dunn and norwood are a pretty good 1/2 punch in the backfield. i wouldn't start sleeping on their offense yet.
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I stopped saying "never" in regards to the NFL the day the Patriots signed Randy Moss.

I wouldn't be shocked if Vick never played again, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did either.

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt05
    What is surprising to me is that here in Atlanta, this is turning into an OJ type deal. By saying that, it's starting to divide along racial lines (at least socioeconomic). There was an article on the ESPN Go site titled "Vick's Atlanta" that implies that he is like all of the civil rights icons in the past. He's being prosecuted because of his race and that's how things are in the south.
    That's not just in Atlanta. I was listening to our local sports talk radio this morning and someone was making the same point.

Basically he was saying that Rick Tocchet and Tim Donaghy got off light, both in the media and in a court of law, as compared to what Vick was getting.

I think he's nuts ... Tocchet plays in the NHL (the least popular of the Big Four) and no one has any clue who Tim Donaghy is.

Mike Vick is one of the premier players in the premier league. Not to mention that what he did was far more reprehensible than what either Donaghy or Tocchet did.

Gambling on sports is bad for sure, but I think most people could at least envision a scenario where they'd end up involved in gambling. They can identify at least to a degree with Tocchet and Tim Donaghy. I doubt very many people can possibly fathom doing any of the things that Vick did.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing sickens me. The horror of this kind of treatment to human or animal is just outrageous and unacceptable. And while people are talking about what Vick has now entered a guilty plea for, remember there were many others involved in this who have also entered pleas of guilty.

Post Thanks / Like

First off let's just say I'm more than a little mad at this. This person thinks he has the right to make 2 animal rip at eachother until death and if not than he feels justified to kill his dog if it looses. I do not believe a year or 2 in jail is justice. I hope this jerk atleast gets prison justice. Sorry like I said this makes me mad I've had to bury 2 of my dogs in the last 2 years because we couldn't make them well and I would've done anything to cure them if I could. To see anyone think so little of a dogs life just because they are "just a dog" makes me mad.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

His suspension without pay is official! Goddell also appears to not be worried about Vick not pleaing that he gambled. "Association" with the gambling will hopefully keep him out of a NFL uniform forever. Like I said before, the day Vick wears a uniform is the day that I never watch another NFL game.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

He'll get at least a year suspension ontop of his jail sentence, but he will be back playing in the NFL after that. Some team will sign him if Atlanta does cut him and collect their money that he now owns them.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't talked to anyone yet who wants him back here. This is just the tip of the iceberg, too many sports "heroes" do wrong things and get away with it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: