Quantcast Harry Potter "Wizarding World" coming to Universal Islands of Adventure - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great news!!!! I can't wait to see the new area.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the ford anglina ride will be similiar to rock and roll roller coaster

Post Thanks / Like

I think this will be really cool. We haven't been to Universal since 2000. IOA was starting to look tired and they really have not been doing anything new there for a long time. This will give them a new boost. We won't be going there this coming trip, but when we go back again next time (5 years?) we'll have to fit in Universal to check this out.

I also wanted to mention, with this big announcment and everyone talking about Disney's response, anyone think that MAYBE this will be the thing that FINALLY gets Beastly Kingdom built at Animal Kingdom? I can only hope!
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I must say the idea of Disney doing a Narnia land makes me laugh!!! Has anyone been to the Narnia, um, "attraction" in MGM??? I love HP and have never been to Universal, but definitely plan to do a Universal trip instead of Disney when it opens. I hope they really capture all the rich detail communicated in the books and not just a few rides. I think Universal is smart because they are doing what Disney does best which is to start with a wonderful story. That's what makes it magic. Maybe DW should find the story before it becomes the movie, before it becomes the park...
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just me, but Universal is not even close to the standard expected at Disney. Their upkeep in the parks (let alone adding new attractions) is pretty much absent. And as for an immersive experience, I feel that Disney hires cast members while Universal hires employees. Therefore, I can't see very many british accents and believable shows. Just like everything else at IOA, the rides will be rides. They say they will try their best to keep it true to the books and movies, but I say that looks good on paper, but I won't put any money on it.

As for Disney, there is always something in the pipeline, and right now they have a lot of refurb and plussing to worry about to focus most of its energy on a counter point. Ideas like Beastly Kingdom are still floating around and may resurface again, but I really think that Disney will wait to see how much of a hit they actually take before making any decisions.

As for Narnia, I can't possibly see how a whole area can be devoted to it. Have a small attraction is fine, since it was a display of memorabilia, but just think about how many shows you can make on the movie(s).

Just my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

I was really hoping that Disney was going to pick up on the Harry Potter thing. Disney and Harry Potter in the same area would have been great

Since it wasn't meant to be, I will have to force myself to visit IOA. I've never been there, so I'll have to add it to the plan.

If given the choice, though, I will always choose WDW.
    Mindy

'79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98~Off Property
    2006~Polynesian
    2007~Just for the weekend!!
    2009~Wilderness Lodge
    2010~Hilton DTD
    Next up . . . Poly, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: