Quantcast Car Games

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Car Games

Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Games

Does anyone know of any good games to play in the car while on the way to Disney. We have 6 or 7 people going and are looking for games to suit people of all ages.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks a lot!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car games

My family and I drive from Boston to Orlando every year. I have a 15 year old , 10 year old and a 4 year old. For my 10 year old we bought iQuest cards at Costco. You can get them in any category. ALL of the kids me and my husband had fun answering or trying to answer the questions.

We also pack plenty of movies and buy at Target the all in one games that plug into the TV in the car. This year we got a Spongebob Game and Nick Jr. game for the little one and again EVERY ONE loved them. I also pack "goodie" bags for each kid. I usually get them one movie that they mentioned they wanted to see and then handheld games, books, crayon etc. I also print out , before we go a trip journal for each kid to fill out along the way and while we are at WDW.

Between all the games and stopping OFTEN it really is not a bad trip at all!

Good Luck and enjoy the drive.
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from watching movies in the car and listening to music (or attempting to hear mine over my parents), we're not big on car games when it is just my family. When we have friends go, or i go places with them, i have a few.

The alphabet game ...
    Starting with A, you have to find and "A" out the window or in the car. Whoever finds it first gets a point. You could also play it by using an object or place that begins with the current letter you are on. Once a letter has been completed,you move on to the next one in alphabetical order. Who ever has the most points wins.

The never ending and eventually impossible game ...
    Going in numerical order, you start with "1". Decide a specific order to go in and the first person can begin by saying something like, "I see one water bottle." The second person has "2" and could say, " I see two parents." Eventually it gets very difficult and virtually impossible.

Word Association...
    Say you begin with the word "car." The next person has to say something related to "car" such as "wheels", or "truck", or "stereo." Say they said "stereo". The next person would then have to say something related to "stereo" such as "type", "volume", or "radio". Going in order, the game continues until one player cannot come up with a word. It is basically the same game people play here on intercot.

The Quiet Game ...
    self explanitory and a favorite of my parents

JOrdan :]
    The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed
    And bound her in her bones.
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam.
    Yo ho, haul together, hoist the colours high
    Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die!

"But why is the RUM gone !?! "

Post Thanks / Like

i have my books and or games, my sister has the radio, and my parents have the front radio. and occasionaly i get the dvd player but now i have my psp so it should be better.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

While driving down, keep a running list of plates of different states and the name of the one who spotted it. A prize can be given to the one who has found the most distant plate.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    While driving down, keep a running list of plates of different states and the name of the one who spotted it.
    We play the same game.

Post Thanks / Like

My disney fiance and I sometimes play the OR game in the car- it can be disney related or not. We also play, "I am thinking of a place...." that is always disney related. Also, 5 clues- what am I describing- can be disneyfied......have fun!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I have played this game where we make a list of things that we might see on the way to Disney World (ex. airplanes, Volkswagen Beetles or Bugs(old ones), white horses, brown cows, state troopers, McDonalds or anything like that). Then we would say that you would have to find 5 airplanes, 2 brown cows, 3 white horses, etc. etc. and whenever you see the item you mark it off your list. Whenever you arrive then you see who wins.

Side note: He who sees the state trooper first gets a point for that one.
    DH - Eddy
    ME - Michelle

10/95, 9/96 & 11/04 ASMu
    10/97, 10/01 & 05/07 ASSp
    09/98 WL
    11/99 & 11/00 (Honeymoon) PO FQ
    03/00 ASMo
    12/02 & 11/05 PO Riverside
    10/03 CB
    12/06 & 2/07(same room as 12/06) Pop Century
    11/07 Pop Century
    11/08 Pop Century or Ft Wilderness if we get a RV

Post Thanks / Like

We play a variation of the alphabet game. Find the letter on any sign. The letter must begin the word ex. A-Alphabet A-Table

Another favorite...
    Map game. Since your driving you'll have a good US atlas in the car with you.
    You can play states and capitols.
    Which city is further north,south, east, west of another?
    What state is this city in?
    Or come up with your own. This will teach them some geography as you go along.

By the way to intercot.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: