Quantcast I went to Disneyland last week for the first time and . . . - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

There are pros and cons for both DL and WDW, but as for DL Resort, it too is my favorite. I like the feel better than WDW. It is a more intimate and you can walk to the both parks, DTD, and all the Disney Hotels. You can not say that about WDW. I love DLR and will still continue to visit WDW when I have a longer time to visit, but DL is a great weekend trip anytime of the year for me!!!!
    DL-Dec 07

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, that's it! I simply MUST go to Disneyland!

I have snuck over here to the Disneyland forum a time or two, read great reports, been intrigued by the "Walt Factor", and have decided that I just have to experience this for myself sometime!

Now I just have to start working on DH! He thought he had it bad enough when I kept planning trips to WDW...now he's gonna flip to find that I want to get my Disney fix from BOTH coasts now!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jedigrrrl View Post
    I LOVED IT!!! I wish they'd take Disneyland/Cali Adventure and plop down on top of Magic Kingdom and MGM. Better rides, more details, more magic, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better food!
    OH!!! and the Best Parade EVER:
    The Main Street Electrical Parade!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried.
    Glad to hear your first experience was so great!

Just went again with my nephew last week. A year ago he slept through Fantasmic, this year he stayed awake ... it was like seeing it for the first time, watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Okay, that's it! I simply MUST go to Disneyland!

I have snuck over here to the Disneyland forum a time or two, read great reports, been intrigued by the "Walt Factor", and have decided that I just have to experience this for myself sometime!
    Whenever you can make it to Disneyland, you will have a great time.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tygger7 View Post
    Okay, I know I'm going to probably be in the minority, but we went to DL in 1995 and HATED it. I'd been to WDW dozens of times and I was so disappointed in DL...the castle, the park (both were tiny). The park was packed and the only good ride was the Indiana Jones ride. The Matterhorn was disappointing, and ALL of Future World was closed. I felt like it was a complete waste of money. Give me WDW ANY day....so much more to do, and the environment is so much more magical. DL is right in the middle of a city, and that ruined it for me. I expected Magic Kingdom and was totally disappointed. No plans to ever go back. Just my two cents. :\
    When you visit Disneyland, you should know what to expect. Yes, its a smaller park than the Magic Kingdom, but it has much better attractions. I think you just went at the wrong time. They were in the process of expanding into a resort and renovating Tomorrowland. They added California Adventure, the Grand Californian hotel, and Downtown Disney, so its much better than when you last visited. Give it another shot
    Chris
    "WDWizard"

Last Trip: Disney's Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach June 2008

Next Trip: Not anytime soon. Been there, seen it all, have too many t-shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that no CS in all of WDW can compare with the filled sourdough bread bowls at Pacific Wharf Cafe.....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: