Quantcast What are everyone's non-Disney vacation plans this summer?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile What are everyone's non-Disney vacation plans this summer?

So, where is everybody who's not going to WDW going this summer??

We are going to Maine in exactly 45 days, and I'm really starting to get excited! (Thus, this thread... ) We go every summer in August, to the same house off the coast of Brunswick, on Orr's Island. It is hidden in the woods but also right on the water - it is a little piece of heaven for us each year, and where we kind-of "reset" ourselves for the next year.

So - what are everyone else's plans?
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We are hitting the beach this summer, this weekend actually. My dad has a home down on Carolina Beach so we go there a lot since it's cheap. There's absolutely nothing there to do to much for the kids anyway unless you go up about 10 minutes to Wilmington. But that's the beauty of it for me. It's quiet, clean, not much commercial property except for local retailers. As a matter of fact, I can only remember seeing 1 major hotel there, a Courtyard. Everything else is local motels, condo properties, or private homes. A McDonald's, but not a WalMart. Have to go to Wilmington for that. And only 1 grocery store that I can think of. A bank or two, Domino's Pizza, and a Subway.

We really like it because as much as I keep the boys on a very short leash, I can let them go somewhat without worrying about them. We know so many up and down the beach that if there's anything wrong, they can stop along the way and ask for help.

It is a time to sit back and relax., I don't even have phone or internet access down there, so to do my classwork, I have to go to McDonald's and log on and enjoy a cup of morning coffee. It teaches us to enjoy life without all of the extras and remember how to have fun with each other.

I guess it could be compared to the poor man's Hamptons maybe. Much smaller houses, plain jane working folks, and wear you tank top and flipflop to stores and restaurants. I love it there.
    Last edited by princessjojo; 06-26-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We are going South at the end of July. My MIL and I got tickets for "Antiques Roadshow" in Louisville, KY, on July 28. DH, DD, and I are going to stay in MIL/FIL's fifth wheel with them for a couple days near Louisville, then DH, DD, and I will go on to Mammoth Cave. After that, we're going on Northern Alabama (I have aunts and uncles there) for a few days. While we're there, we're going to the Space Center in Huntsville.
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

NON-DISNEY ??..Whats that ??..
    we very seldom do anything non-disney..we save all our money for our yearly WDW trip..
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

My parents have a place in Ocean City MD.We have had it since I was a senior in high school and we can walk across the street and be in Delaware in Fenwick Island.If I go with husband our 2 kids,my sis&bro in law,Bro & sis in law we are packed in there like a punch of sardines,LOL but its fun and almost a free weekend when we go..
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Although it was a hard decision not to go back to Disney this year, we've decided on Williamsburg Virgina...we're going to do the whole America's 400th thing, the historic triangle.

I know very little about American history (being Canadian and all), and can't wait!

Oh! We're making a stop in Hershey PA on the way down...just for a day or so!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Going to Venice and Rome for my honeymoon!

(Got engaged at DW at least).

Post Thanks / Like

This year we're going on a big 2 week tour up north. Disney is cheep compared to two weeks and 14 nights in hotels. But I wanted to try something different.

We're going to fly into Cleveland then drive to Sandusky and spend a couple of days at Cedar Point. After that we're going to drive to Falling Water and check ot the house there and possibly the caverns we'll stay in a little B&B that night. Then we drive to Hershey Park and spend a couple of days there. From there we take off to Old Town Virgina and we'll tour Washington DC and the Smithsonion. When we're done with that we'll head over to Gettysburg and do that little drive through tour. At this point we'll be well into our second week with about 4 days left. We'll probably just start making our way back to Cleveland stopping whereever we want and whereever we can find a cheap hotel. I've got a hotel in Cleveland for our last couple of nights (I want to be SURE we're in time for the airport). But other than that we'll probably just be "winging it".
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vandoren View Post
    Going to Venice and Rome for my honeymoon!

(Got engaged at DW at least).
    Wow! Congrats and have a great time in Italy!

We are headed to the beach, Cape San Blas in the panhandle of FL. It's nice and quiet, nothing really to do except laze around the beach all day, go scalloping and crabbing for your dinner, hanging out with cousins, and swimming in the ocean!

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning on a quick trip to Cape San Blas too. I love it there. I tried to talk the girls into running to Orlando for a quick visit.
    The kids are all busy going w/ friends. dd21 is going to Destin in 2 wks and dd25 is going to Denver for a friend's wedding in Aug. She just got back from NYC. It's difficult getting everyone off at the same time.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Our plans are very boring and cheap ... so we can afford to go on our 10 day WDW trip in Oct!

We plan on taking in a few day trips to places nearby:
    Hershey for a day or two.
    The beach for a day.
    Maybe a train ride into the city (New York city that is) to play tourist.

Mostly spending our summer at the pool when we're not a work.

We went over our last year budget and their's only one way to do Disney right ... no other major trips.

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

We've already taken one of our summer trips....Chincoteague, Va. That was a lot of fun if you're into wildlife and the beach!

In August, we're going to Chattanooga, TN to visit family. That's a fun city to hang out in!

And then our big trip isn't until October....the big Intercot meet!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to Niagara Falls the last week of July. Gas prices have forced us to cut a day off that and doing our annual Cedar Point trip on the way home. Saves on a trip to and from that way. But we should still have plenty of time to do everything we want. Looking forward to that get-away.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Our plans are pretty minimal at this point ( we are headed for WDW for Christmas).

We are thinking about making the trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame in New York ( we are big baseball fans. GO RED SOX!). Then on the way back stop in Mass to visits family.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we live in FL year round so we are packing up the SUV and heading to your towns! Going to do a little bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway, swing over to Gettsyburg and Lancaster PA, Rhinebeck NY (we've never visited the Hudson Valley area before), visit and stay with friends in Sudbury MA (do the Concord area thing); back to Hudson Valley area and stay in Hyde Park, travel on to Harrisburg PA and catch 2 concerts: Ottmar Leibert, a flamenco guitarist and another group I've never heard of Tartan Terrors but they sound fun. And then probably book it home to get ready for our usual hurricane season

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to the Outer Banks, NC, at the end of August. Staying around Duck and going with family. That's our summer trip this year. Really looking forward to it...

Then we'll be in WDW after Thanksgiving!
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We'll be at the lake house in the Poconos for two weeks starting the 21st of July. I'm psyched, because it will be the first time we get an extended chance to use our new boat!

My in-laws have a place in Cape May, NJ and we'll be down there for a long weekend in August and probably a few other times.

Nothing else firm right now, but we're considering a few other things.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

8 days of sun and fun on Hilton Head Island

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The third week in July we are headed to Wildwood New Jersey to sit on the beach
    We've never been and are looking forward to doing nothing while we are down there!
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Disney from August through May so I'm pretty Disneyed out. Sunday we're leaving for a 7 day cruise on the NCL Crown to Bermuda. I've never been anywhere tropical, unless you count Orlando, so I'm reeeeally excited!

At the end of the month we take our annual week long trip down to the Jersey shore and Atlantic City.

And in August I visit my boyfriend in Indiana. He borders Louisville so I get to go back to there. We're also taking day trips to Indianapolis, never been, and to Cinncinati, never been to Ohio. I can't wait!
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Costuming CM CP Alumni / Aug 06 - May 07 -
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Last trip: July 10 - ASSp/AKL
    Next trip: May 11 - Planning Session with DFTW!

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: