Quantcast We Heart Disneyland! 6/13-6/16 Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default We Heart Disneyland! 6/13-6/16 Day 1

WOO!
    Cast:

Me- Ivis
    Husband- Adriel
    Brother- Kenny
    His Girlfriend- Laura

We go to WDW 3-5 times a year and LOVED many aspects of Disneyland much more than at WDW. We had such a blast!! We all loved how close everything was and did not mind that the city was right outside. Once we were INSIDE, the outside world disappeared. It was awesome not to have to wait for a bus!

We arrived at the Grand Californian and it was love at first sight. We never stay in Deluxe hotels in WDW, but it was worth it in Disneyland. Our standard room was huge, with a balcony overlooking the monorail track.

This was a family trip to Cali and it was 8 of us. Only 4 of us were staying in Disney, though. My parents and brother were going to drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and met us in San Francisco in 3 days.

When my family met us at the GC hotel, they all wanted to take a day trip to Los Angeles. We had only purchased 2-day tickets, but once we were inside Disney, My husband and I did not want to go anywhere else. Everyone else left and the 2 of us upgraded our tickets to 3-days and hit the California Adventure. Since Kenny and Laura were not with us, we didn't want to go to Disneyland yet.

We loved our private entrance! We got fastpasses to Grizzly River Run because the wait was long due to the hot weather. We had 3 hours til it was up so we took it slow and explored the park. We rode the smaller rides in the Paradise Pier part of the park and really LOVED the Maliboomer. Then we relaxed and had a beer in the Pacific Wharf area. Then we watched the Block Party Bash, which was lots of fun.
    Then came the best part of my day: The Tower of Terror! And it did not disappoint!! I loved it and rode it twice. As good as WDW. The park was closing at 7pm and it was time for our fastpass. Grizzly River Run puts Kali River Rapids to shame! It was so much faster, longer, and wetter! We were soaked! Thankfully, we were back in our hotel room within 10 minutes!! . . .the beauty of close proximities and private entrances.

Later, we explored Downtown Disney, which we also really liked. We had awesome pizza at Napolini and just walked around. My brother and Laura met us there after their L.A. excursion, which didn't sound as fun as our day at the California Adventure.

That night we planned to arrive at Disneyland early the next morning and try and get on Nemo.... HA! we were mistaken!

To be Cont . . .

I really intended to write the entire trip report now, but the Beastie Boys just hit the stage at Live Earth and I am excited to see them, LOL.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great trip report! I can't wait to read more.
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jedigrrrl View Post
    ... did not mind that the city was right outside. Once we were INSIDE, the outside world disappeared.
    My feelings exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by jedigrrrl View Post
    ...Grizzly River Run ... We were soaked! Thankfully, we were back in our hotel room within 10 minutes!!
    One of the best reasons to stay at the GCH!!

Glad you decided to spend a day at DCA. It is such a relaxing park.

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your adventures.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad that the charm and magic of Disneyland was so obvious to you and your husband. Sounds like you had a great time during your day at DCA. Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! Can't wait for the rest!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: