Quantcast NEW THREAD STARTED, WITH SPOILERS. Harry Potter VII [Merged Threads] - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How many of you stood in line for the new Harry Potter book?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stood in line for the book

34 60.71%
  • I will wait a few days and then buy the book

7 12.50%
  • I don't buy the books, I wait for the movies

3 5.36%
  • I couldn't care less about the books

11 19.64%
  • Who is Harry Potter?

1 1.79%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I share alot of your theories...and I wanted to add 2 things that I have read recently. Please forgive me if I am repeating something already said.
    1 Kreacher was suppsed to be cut from OOTP the movie..but Rowling told the producers that they should really leave him in..because he would become imporatant later on....
    2 Helena Bonham Carter said that she received a note from Rowling before she took the role of Bellatrix stating that even though the part was small in this movie it would be huge in number 7....
    Part of me wants to believe that Dumbledore is alive if only because of the way his death is described..he was thrown over the tower...all previous A.K. deaths were sudden and quick..grrrrr
    BRING ON JULY 21!!!!
    michelle

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pshokie View Post
    I feel very awkward about posting so much of what I think.
    1) Because it gets to become a bit "bossy", and I want this to a friendly discussion, and I want you to like me (hey we all need friends).
    Don't be silly! You've obviously done your homework with your theories so it's not bossy - and how could we not like a fellow HP & Disney fan?

Gold star for conorsmom2000! As far as I am concerned, you are as much of a potter-geek as I am.
    Woo hoo! I got a gold star!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    What went on when Hagrid borrowed the motorcycle when he delivered Harry? Do you think Sirius was there too? Remember he might not have thought that Sirius betrayed them - yet.
    Percy bothers me too. I don't want to say too much b/c I went to see the movie last night and something just jumped out and made me think.... Why is JKR making a big deal of Percy's alienation from the family and his drive to get ahead? I haven't seen JKR use anything that hasn't come back, right down to simple spells or ppl who just seem to pop back up from the bezoar in book 1 and 6 to the Opal necklace and the cabinet in book 2, 5 and 6, the list is endless but they are all coming back w/ a role.
    Do you think that Godric's Hollow was a wizard community? and there were several there? maybe several from the order?
    Lots of good questions! I wonder about Percy too - and I do believe Godric's Hollow was a wizarding community.. I do love how those things that seem insignificant turn out to be clues we didn't notice. Though, there are some things that JKR does throw in just to mislead us, though not often. Mark Evans is the first one that comes to mind - all the fansites were convinced that he was related to Lily, though JKR squashed that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    Part of me wants to believe that Dumbledore is alive if only because of the way his death is described..he was thrown over the tower...all previous A.K. deaths were sudden and quick..grrrrr
    BRING ON JULY 21!!!!
    Even though I am one of those that firmly believe Dumbledore is dead, I can't help wondering about the way he died too - it was not how the AK is normally portrayed. Hopefully this is one of the many things explained in book 7!

I also wanted to say that I am a pretty firm believer that Snape is evil. Dumbledore himself says that being that he is more clever than most wizards, his mistakes tend to be bigger - and I can't help but feel that trusting Snape was a huge mistake. There are a few things that make me sit slightly on the fence on this issue, though - one of them being that he gave Snape the DADA's position - he knew at that time that Snape would only be in the position for a year and then he would be gone - so, I do feel they had some sort of plan, but I still think Snape was on LV's side as well. I find it hard to go along with those who took Dumbledore's pleading as he was begging him to keep their deal and kill DD - when you read the line with DD pleading and the hatred on Snapes face, I just can't buy it.... If Snape turns out to be good, or to redeem himself, then JKR is beyond brilliant because she has written his character so well!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

WARNING! WARNING!
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!
    Sorry, I wanted to get eveyone's attention. As of this morning I re-read this whole thread. With all due respect to the mods, I have taken it upon myself to add this little warning in order to protect those who wish to remain "unspoiled".

If you do not want to read speculation (and that is all it is, speculation) that may or may not ruin your surprise when you read Deathly Hallows, stop reading this thread right now!

My apologies for being so blunt, but I have seen a few true "facts" mentioned at this point (such as JKR quotes, some of which I posted), which can lead to and support speculation. And by facts, I mean real, hard, honest-to-goodness facts. So I wanted to make sure everyone understands this thread as of now, for lack of a better term, is a SPOILER THREAD.

For those of you who continue to read, you have been warned.....

One last note:
    For those of us who love the theories, let us all agree that there are those who wish to remain un-spoiled. As such, please use caution when posting, not just here, but anywhere on the net. And I deeply encourage all of us to take the "pledge" that has been circled around the internet to not post any details of the Deathly Hallows until 10 days after its release. Some sites are requesting 3/4 days, but those are the HP sites. Since this thread has no real HP-monitor, I will request that everyone refrain from posting until August 1. A long time, yes. But that will give everyone at least 2 whole weekends to finish this final chapter in this series.

Thank you for you time and attention.

Patrick
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

I will agree with that but my question is there is so much more. What about the other Horcrux, other characters? .....
    I was just posting little tid-bits at a time. I have a whole lot of crazy ideas. I am just waiting for someone to slap me! One theory (again, which I read and said "WHOA!") made my DW mad at me. It revolves around a "spy" in the Order. Hmmm..... I'll post that one later.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    I think I share alot of your theories...and I wanted to add 2 things that I have read recently. Please forgive me if I am repeating something already said.
    1 Kreacher was suppsed to be cut from OOTP the movie..but Rowling told the producers that they should really leave him in..because he would become imporatant later on....
    2 Helena Bonham Carter said that she received a note from Rowling before she took the role of Bellatrix stating that even though the part was small in this movie it would be huge in number 7....
    All of these I have read also. Comments by the producer David Heyman, Helena Bonham Carter. etc. etc. I alluded to this earlier when I spoke of Kreacher. I actually think Kreacher has the locket. I do not think he knows what it is, but he may. I can just see a little "comic relief" in the scene where Harry commands Kreacher to give him the locket. Kind of a "No! My precious!" type of moment.

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000 View Post
    Lots of good questions! I wonder about Percy too - and I do believe Godric's Hollow was a wizarding community.. I do love how those things that seem insignificant turn out to be clues we didn't notice. Though, there are some things that JKR does throw in just to mislead us, though not often. Mark Evans is the first one that comes to mind - all the fansites were convinced that he was related to Lily, though JKR squashed that theory.
    Sadly, I must admit that I fell for Mark Evans hook, line and sinker. I guess that is the problem with being a theory junkie.

Even though I am one of those that firmly believe Dumbledore is dead, I can't help wondering about the way he died too - it was not how the AK is normally portrayed. Hopefully this is one of the many things explained in book 7!

I also wanted to say that I am a pretty firm believer that Snape is evil. Dumbledore himself says that being that he is more clever than most wizards, his mistakes tend to be bigger - and I can't help but feel that trusting Snape was a huge mistake. There are a few things that make me sit slightly on the fence on this issue, though - one of them being that he gave Snape the DADA's position - he knew at that time that Snape would only be in the position for a year and then he would be gone - so, I do feel they had some sort of plan, but I still think Snape was on LV's side as well. I find it hard to go along with those who took Dumbledore's pleading as he was begging him to keep their deal and kill DD - when you read the line with DD pleading and the hatred on Snapes face, I just can't buy it.... If Snape turns out to be good, or to redeem himself, then JKR is beyond brilliant because she has written his character so well!
    For this one, I will blatently steal, but give as much credit as I can. I will not post the whole editorial, but it is a good one!

For the record, I am a "Snape is most likely on the good side". but I love the idea that he is not with the Order nor with LV, but rather he is out for himself. I'll get into that later as well.

Also, as far as the AK is concerned, here is a trick of JKR.....
    Please list for me the people/creatures that have been hit with the AK that we have actually seen die. Be careful. These are not the ones who have been hit with the AK, but those we have seen hit with AK and die.

Example, Barty Crouch was hit wiht AK, we did not see it. Frank Bryce was hit with AK, we saw "the light" only. I can only think of 4 we have seen a complete AK on: (1) Spider-bug-creature-thing from GOF when Moody was doing the unforgiveable curses, (2) Cedric, (3) the fox that Bellatrix kills at spinners end, and (4) Dumbledore. I need to go re-read these, to see if any "blasting/movement" occurred...

Anyhoo, the Snape snippet:

Severus Snape: A Portrait in Subtlety
    An original editorial by D.W. Hill
    Copyright 2005, revised for Mugglenet 2007
    D.W. Hill
    [email protected]

A rather revealing incident takes place in Chapter Twenty-Eight of Prince when Harry is chasing Snape through the Hogwarts’ grounds after Dumbledore’s murder. When Harry’s Stunning spell misses Snape, Snape turns around and there are several heated exchanges between the two. Amidst the predictable rhetoric (Harry’s fury at Snape for murdering Dumbledore and Snape’s typical aspersions on Harry’s abilities and his father’s character), there is a peculiar statement, As Snape is blocking Harry’s curses, he says:

“Blocked again and again and again, until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed.”
    (HBP, pg. 603)

This would seem insignificant if not for the fact that casting nonverbal spells was a big part of Harry’s education in his sixth year and learning how to close his mind to the Dark Lord was the whole point of his Occlumency lessons. Could Snape be trying to give Harry a clue? Consider this. Snape stops the Death Eaters from torturing Harry and tells them to remember their orders. They were to leave Harry:

"He belongs to the Dark Lord."
    (HBP, pg. 603)

Notice that Voldemort does not even want his Death Eaters to stun Harry and bring him to him, though they had an excellent opportunity to do so. Perhaps, Snape suspects that with Dumbledore gone, Voldemort, who still doesn’t know what that prophecy said, may again try to manipulate Harry’s thoughts. Surely, Snape knows that Harry is no match for the Death Eaters until he masters nonverbal spells and no match for Voldemort until he masters Occlumency.

Other hints exist in the author’s descriptions of key events. Just before Snape kills Dumbledore in Chapter Twenty-Seven, it is written:

...there was revulsion and hatred etched in the hard lines of his face.
    (HBP, pg. 595)

Compare this with the description of Harry earlier on the same evening. In Chapter Twenty-Six, in the Cave, when Harry was force-feeding poison to Dumbledore in obedience to Dumbledore’s orders, it says:

Hating himself, repulsed by what he was doing, Harry forced the goblet back toward Dumbledore’s mouth.
    (HBP, pg. 571)

I wonder what expression Harry had on his face. Could it have been all that different from Snape’s?

GO HOKIES!

04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

First off I am ok with being spoiled. I hate waiting for things, not to good with surprises.

Following along pretty good but my question is...

Who is Mark Evans? Is he a character from the books that I must have missed?

What is AK? I'm not good at abbreviations.

I also agree Percy is being played up too much there must be a reason.

I hope they do not kill Harry but seeing as how JKR has said there will never be anymore, that this is the end of the series I'm thinking he might. I like a previous posters theory that he must die in ordeer to kill Lord Voldemort. I mean they have been link thus far it would make sense.
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by krose78 View Post
    Who is Mark Evans? Is he a character from the books that I must have missed?

What is AK? I'm not good at abbreviations.
    Mark Evans is a character who is just briefly mentioned at the beginning of OoTP - "So who've you been beating up tonight?" Harry asked, his grin fading. "Another ten-year-old? I know you did Mark Evans two nights ago - " (OoTP, pg 13) Because JKR does have a habit of dropping little clues for us, a lot people thought he was related to Lily and Petunia - but, it turned out, he was not.

AK stands for the Aveda Kedavra - the killing curse.

Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I think I can keep up now I kept thinking AK- Animal Kingdom (can you tell where my head is)
    2003-Off Property
    March 2006- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Evans is a character who is just briefly mentioned at the beginning of OoTP - "So who've you been beating up tonight?" Harry asked, his grin fading. "Another ten-year-old? I know you did Mark Evans two nights ago - " (OoTP, pg 13) Because JKR does have a habit of dropping little clues for us, a lot people thought he was related to Lily and Petunia - but, it turned out, he was not.
    Stupid Mark Evans. I was soooooooo bummed.

I hope they do not kill Harry but seeing as how JKR has said there will never be anymore, that this is the end of the series I'm thinking he might. I like a previous posters theory that he must die in ordeer to kill Lord Voldemort. I mean they have been link thus far it would make sense.
    *cough* *cough* What is this about a link? *cough* *cough*

Since this is now a spoiler thread, I think I will let conorsmom2000 do the honors. Have at it! But you may want to use spoiler-font anyway.

GO HOKIES!

04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

I reconsidered my post while there are similarities between Voldi and Harry the prophesy says for neither can live while the other survives but its not clear if Harry or Neville is the "One" So maybe Neville has to die so Voldimort can die. Somehow that makes me sadder than if Harry dies SORRY but I have a soft spot for Neville don't know why.
    Last edited by krose78; 07-12-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
    2003-Off Property
    March 2006- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

I reconsidered my post while there are similarities between Voldi and Harry the prophesy says for neither can live while the other survives but its not clear if Harry or Neville is the "One" So maybe Neville has to die so Voldimort can die. Somehow that makes me sadder than if Harry dies SORRY but I have a soft spot for Neville don't know why.
    Welllll....you have to remember what Dumbledore says in Books 5 & 6....in summary, he says while it could have been Neville or Harry, it is Harry because Voldmort made it so. It's a little hard to figure out but basically a prophecy is not exactly predicting the future - the events may never come to pass. LV had the option to do nothing and Harry wouldn't be where he is today. But, because LV picked Harry and "marked him as his equal", there's no question now that it is Harry - LV set the whole chain in motion by reacting to the prophecy. Had he done nothing, Harry would not have the power to vanquish him - but because he took action, now he himself gave Harry the powers he has (to speak Parseltongue, see into LV's mind). This is from the Mugglenet book "In effect, Voldemort created his own enemy. And that is why the prophecy is important. Not because it predicts the future....., but because it allows the characters to chose their own destinies and change their own paths". So, it doesn't matter that it could have been Neville, LV chose Harry so now it's Harry, no doubt about it.

That being said, I do believe that Neville might not make it - I think he will make his Grandma proud by avenging his parents but sadly, he might die doing it.

Since this is now a spoiler thread, I think I will let conorsmom2000 do the honors. Have at it! But you may want to use spoiler-font anyway.
    I'm not sure I'll do it justice but.....Going into spoiler font mode....

the controversial theory we are alluding to....Is Harry a Horcrux? Many people think so - they think that LV, possibly by accident, made Harry his last Horcrux. I'm too tired tonight to go to deep into this theory right now, but I'll give the highlights (using Mugglenet's book as a guide - well, working straight from the book, really.... ) -

• First, if he is a horcrux, it was probably done by accident. Remember - we don't know how know exactly how a horcrux is made or what is required to make it, and Dumbledore has already said that he believes that LV was planning on using Harry's death as his final horcrux. Does the spell have to be cast before, during or after the killing? We don't know. So, it's possible that LV did make Harry his last Horcrux rather than killing him as intended.
    • The scar - in references to the AK curse, no one has ever gotten a scar like Harry's. James and Lily didn't. So why Harry? And not just any scar - a scar that lets Harry see into LV's mind, enabled him to open the Chamber of Secrets, speak parseltounge, feel what LV is feeling and give him powers that LV has. LV might not have known that he made Harry a Horcrux, just as Dumbledore said he is not aware when they are destroyed. Add to that the entire house was destroyed - something else that can't be attributed to the AK spell. That seems like magic that went very wrong.
    • Many think that Dumbledore figured this out and we are supposed to figure it out when Dumbledore is telling Harry that Nagini may be a Horcrux. Two other clues, according to Mugglenet, that DD knew is when he slips in OoTP and says to Harry "Harry, suffering like this proves you are still a man!" Still a man? Is this a reference to something less than human inside him? There is also the scene in OoTP when DD produces a snake made of smoke and asks it is "in essence divided". This is right after Harry, through LV, was possesing Nagin (the attack on Mr. Weasley) - is this a reference to the link between Harry and LV?
    • It is also believed that Voldemort figured this out. LV tried on many occassions to kill Harry - until he realized the connection between the two of them. Remember when LV possesed Harry at the final scene in the Ministry (OoTP) but was driven out as Harry thought of Sirius? It is possible at that time LV realized there was a piece of his soul residing in Harry. After that, LV does not go after Harry - he puts a plan into action that will kill DD instead. Even Snape says that they are to leave Harry alone - the Dark Lord wants to deal with him himself. Why? To retrieve that piece of his soul before killing Harry.
    • Now, there is equally plenty of evidence that Harry is not a Horcrux. DD himself says that Harry has to destroy 4 Horcrux's - the locket, the cup, something of Ravenclaw's and, possibly, Nagini. So, how could Harry be a horcrux, if DD is right?
    • Those who believe this theory say it happened by accident - but, how often does a spell happen by accident, except with under-aged wizards? Everything must be correct for spell to work - exact words, wand movement, etc. So, it's not really likely...
    • Mugglenet goes on to discuss many other reasons why Harry isn't a horcrux including talking about how two souls can reside in one body, it's a mixed moral message....etc.
    But, in the end, they do believe that Harry is indeed a Horcrux. What does this mean for Harry? Just as the ring only had a cracked stone, they believe Harry can remove the Horcrux from himself without dying. They also believe that Peter Pettigrew, who is bound to Harry by a life debt, and is very good at eavesdropping, may save the day and tell Harry how to remove the Horcrux.

As for me? I'm not sure. After reading Mugglenets (amazing!) book, I see why they believe - but, I'm not totally sure yet. I've kind of glossed over a lot of the information, but if you google "is harry a horcrux" you'll find tons of information that delves into the "yes" and "no" sides to this story!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Other hints exist in the author’s descriptions of key events. Just before Snape kills Dumbledore in Chapter Twenty-Seven, it is written:
    ...there was revulsion and hatred etched in the hard lines of his face.
    (HBP, pg. 595)
    Compare this with the description of Harry earlier on the same evening. In Chapter Twenty-Six, in the Cave, when Harry was force-feeding poison to Dumbledore in obedience to Dumbledore’s orders, it says:
    Hating himself, repulsed by what he was doing, Harry forced the goblet back toward Dumbledore’s mouth.
    (HBP, pg. 571)
    I wonder what expression Harry had on his face. Could it have been all that different from Snape’s?
    I have to agree here that something is going on. I'm going to pull the psych card here and remind you that most evil (not a real clinical term) ppl would show pleasure in killing someone they were happy to kill. Look how LV will gloat and tease, the joy w/ Bellatrix when SB died. I think Snape's behavior was related to the vow he took to protect Draco and to remain a spy. While I think he has some very bad traits I wonder what Dumbledore had on him that made DD believe he was loyal. I do believe he will not live through the next book but we haven't seen the last of the mixed behaviors we've seen in the previous books, meaning we will continue to see that good/bad Snape...
    I agree too that DD gave Snape the DADA job for a reason and knew it was jinxed. If Draco wasn't there he wouldn't have killed DD--this was planned.
    Sorry guys but I skipped the "white" text. So if something in there totally contradicts what I'm saying
    Does anyone know if there is going to be any Hogwarts next year (bk 7)?
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys but I skipped the "white" text. So if something in there totally contradicts what I'm saying
    Does anyone know if there is going to be any Hogwarts next year (bk 7)?
    Don't worry - the white text (which, in case anyone doesn't know - you have highlight if you want to read) is a totally different theory.

I'm sure it's to prevent spoilers & leaks, but JKR has been very tight lipped about this book - with book six, she had given at least one or two "teasers" (one I remember was the description of Scridgemour); and she gave us a few titles of chapters - this time, nothing. So, no one knows if Hogwarts will be in it. Being Hogwarts has always been a main setting for the books, and the fact that I believe even if the trio doesn't return, Ginny may still have too, I'd be surprised if it's not in there at all.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

From some of the readings on the internet yesterday here are some points about the 7th book I found interesting. What do you think...

Lily- the fact that Harry has his mothers eyes (not literally) will be an important point in #7.

More of DD and Peter Petigrew's past will be revealed in #7.

Ravenclaw will have thier day.

Victor Krum is set for a reappearance.

The two-way mirror given to Harry by Sirius Black and his flying motorbike will return. In fact, Rowling has mentioned in one of her FAQs that the two way mirror "will help more than you think." Rowling refused to comment whether Sirius himself might in some way reappear, but she has also said that there was a reason why he had to die.
    Last edited by krose78; 07-13-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Changes
    2003-Off Property
    March 2006- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

I am soooooooo gald you stepped forward and said this. Why? Becuase I know some of us have been using spoiler-font "just in case", and now we know that there is at least one person who does not wish to be spoiled. So yea you, yea us, yea everyone! May sound kinda weird, but it helps me remember "use Spoiler-Font for the big ones....MsMin doesn't want to know...."

I'm not sure I'll do it justice but.....Going into spoiler font mode....
    Are you kidding me?!?!?!? Not do it justice???? Are you crazy?!?!?!?

Let all of the "spoiled people" stop and praise that post.

I feel sheepish now, (1) becuase I do not have my copy of Mugglenet with me, and (2) all I brought was SS, COS, and GOF with me today. There's no way I can compare to you now!

So I will add just one thing to the "Yes" side of the controversy (which is what I believe). The following is directly pulled from CoS. [highlight to read]

{Harry talking to Dumbledore after the Diary has been destroyed}

"Professor," he started again after a moment. "The Sorting hat told me I'd - I'd have done well in Slytherin. Everyone thought I was slytherin's heir for a while...because I can speak Parseltongue...."

"You can speak Parseltongue, Harry," said Dumbledore calmly, "because Lord Voldemort -- who is the last remaining ancestor of Salazar Slytherin -- can speak Parseltongue. Unless I'm much mistaken, he transferred some of his own powers to you the night he gave you that scar. Not something he intended to do, I'm sure...."

"Voldemort put a bit of himself in me?" Harry said, thunderstruck.

"It certainly seems so."
    {pgs 332 &333, CoS}

On a side note, earlier copies of CoS say "last remaining ancestor ", newer copies have been corrected to say "last remaining decendent".

And to REALLY mess with your minds, some one posted an editorial on Mugglenet about a week ago where he argues that LV did not intend to use Harry's death to create his last horcrux, but rather to use James' death to create his last horcrux, and use Harry as the encasing "item". At first I was skeptical, but he has some really good points...

He broke down all of the the memories Harry has remembered or seen to this point (via dreams, dementors, prior incantatem with LV, etc.). He does not go off of the rumored story that people have told Harry, just what Harry recalls. Basically, it eliminates the "telephone game" version of the story. The result....

LV was alive and well after the "green flash of light" Harry recalls seeing.

Wha?????

Too true, in POA during a dementor encounter, Harry "remembers" that after the green flash of light there is a high pitched evil laugh.

Okay, so LV is alive, why would he would LV want to make a Horcrux out of Potter? Well, because of the Prophecy of course! He only heard the first part, so he knows that there will be "one with the power to vanquish" him. So he decides, if he makes the chosen one into a horcrux, then a part of his soul is in not just in himself, but also in his enemy. In essance, he takes over his enemy, sorta like a LV 2.0. So even if Harry defeats LV, LV still wins. If LV defeats Harry, LV still wins. Its a win-win situation for LV! If not for that pesky love thing.....

And for those of you who think this is crazy, again with CoS:

{this is down in the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny is close to death...}
    Riddle Laughed, a high, cold laugh that didn't suit him. It made the hairs stand up on the back of Harry's neck.

"If I say it myself, Harry, I've always been able to charm the people I needed. SO Ginny poured out her soul to me, and her soul happened to be exactly what I wanted...I grew stronger and stronger on a diet fo her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I grew powerful, far more powerful than little Miss Weasley. Powerful enough to start feeding Miss Weasley a few of my secrets, to start pouring a little of my soul back into her..."
    {CoS, pg 310}

In essance, he was replacing Ginny's soul with his. Not sharing a body or soul. The result, Ginny's soul would be gone. If he did the same to Harry as a baby, you are looking at LV 2.0.

Now before you run off about Lilly and her love sacrifice, that is all still in play. Why? Because the spell did not work. Per LV own words in the graveyard:
    "I miscalculated, my friends, I admit it. My curse was defelcted by the woman's foolish sacrifice, and it rebounded upon myself."
    {GOF, pg 653}

So she delfected the horcrux spell (and died), it hit Harry, and then rebounded back on LV blowing him up and the whole house as well. Had she not, my guess is (based on this theory) that Harry's soul would have been completely replaced by LV soul fragment.

So the "love sacrifice" managed to keep Harry's soul in tact, rather than have it replaced by LV's "fragment". The fragment, well it is safely (Ha!) lodged in Harry's scar.

Just something to think about.

And now you know I am crazy.

Oh, and krose78, no need to edit your earlier post. It was really good. If you want to change your mind, go ahead. Just do a new post.

GO HOKIES!

04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

PSHokie...I'm loving you right about now! Wow what great information you have put out there. I have to admit that I never thought I would be this deep into HP when I first started out so I regret not paying closer attention in the first 5 books. I also regret waiting until the last minute to re-read the books because I only have time to re-read HBP (currently on Ch. 20). I think I will have to make a sacrifice (I don't care the movies) and actually go see OotP to help jog my memory before ready Book 7's release.

Thanks again.

Now having said all that can someone refresh my memory on Peter Pettigrew?
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pettigrew was friends with James, Sirius and Lupin. He was also the secret keeper of James and Lily's hiding place and betrayed them.
    He disappeared after James and Lily were killed and everyone assumed that he had been killed by Sirius when Sirius was the one thought to have killed all those people in plain sight.
    Turns out (in book 3 I think?) that Ron's rat Scabbers is actually Peter Pettigrew hiding out in his animagus form all these years! He was acutally the one that killed all of those people after James and Lily died and he framed Sirius, turned into a rat and joined with Weasley family as a pet.
    He has since crossed over to the dark side because he is a sniveling rat (no pun intended) and is feeding information to LV.
    LV cuts off Peter's hand in GOF to include it in his potion to come back to body form.

Hmm, I am sure there are more details to him but that is all I can remember now!
    Did someone mention that Peter Pettigrew was somehow related to one of the horcruxes?
    Last edited by Disneyatic; 07-13-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: needed to specify 2nd sentence.
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't claim to be nearly the HP-geek as many of you, but I have a couple of comments:

1. Do we really know that Sirius died? Didn't he fall through that arch that we never really got a lot of information about?
    2. I've always felt that Neville would play a big role in things, and the prophesy set the scene up nicely for that. I'd hate to see anything happen to him, but I can see now that it's plausible.
    3. In another twist on the "Star Wars" idea a while ago in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if DD communicates with HP in some way.
    4. All the talk about HP's eyes being like his mom's has seemed significant. Don't know how yet, but we'll find out I suppose.

We are going to see OOTP this weekend. I've finished re-reading the books, and can't WAIT for the 21st!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyatic View Post
    Peter Pettigrew was friends with James, Sirius and Lupin. He was also the secret keeper of James and Lily's hiding place and betrayed them.
    He disappeared after James and Lily were killed and everyone assumed that he had been killed by Sirius when Sirius was the one thought to have killed all those people in plain sight.
    Turns out (in book 3 I think?) that Ron's rat Scabbers is actually Peter Pettigrew hiding out in his animagus form all these years! He was acutally the one that killed all of those people after James and Lily died and he framed Sirius, turned into a rat and joined with Weasley family as a pet.
    He has since crossed over to the dark side because he is a sniveling rat (no pun intended) and is feeding information to LV.
    LV cuts off Peter's hand in GOF to include it in his potion to come back to body form.

Hmm, I am sure there are more details to him but that is all I can remember now!
    Did someone mention that Peter Pettigrew was somehow related to one of the horcruxes?
    Ok Thanks for all the details. You kicked my brain back into gear.

Hmm...not sure if this has been posted yet but could it be that somehow Neville will be in a position where he will have to kill Harry in order for LV to die?
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncscgirl2005 View Post
    Hmm...not sure if this has been posted yet but could it be that somehow Neville will be in a position where he will have to kill Harry in order for LV to die?
    From JKR official site:
    The last part of the prophecy ('neither can live while the other survives') means that Harry and Neville will have to kill each other?

Inventive and intriguing, but wrong. See the answer to the poll question for a little more elucidation on Neville's relation to the prophecy.
    2003-Off Property
    March 2006- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Harry's eyes are important including the color green. Green is used many times even w/ the AK curse. I think someone will look into his eyes and see his mother and maybe turn on LV. (maybe Pettigrew, wasn't it mentioned that they thought he had a crush on Lilly?) I still think that love has a great role in the books, from his mother saving him the first time.
    I was just posting on another thread and a thought came to me (I haven't read any HP sites so I don't consider it a spoiler just a thought) but I've said all along that DD was dead. I thought JKR said he was dead. BUT maybe she said you can't bring someone back from the dead. One thing that bothers me is DD's trust in Snape and the conflicting emotions we see. Remember too it's been repeated that you have to really mean it for AK to work. What if Snape didn't mean it? What if what we saw was just some advanced magic on DD's part-- they faked the whole thing.
    About the motorcycle. I think I mentioned that I think SB was at the Hollow b/c Hagrid did use his bike to deliver Harry.
    I don't see LV making Pettigrew a Horcrux, I don't think he trusts him and a Horcrux has to be something he considers valuable. A person could die so easily.
    Remember that JRK said LV collected trinkets from his victims (or DD did) I wonder if one isn't from when he killed his father.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: