Quantcast 2008 rates

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 2008 rates

Post Thanks / Like

Question 2008 rates

Um, I've been trying to book online with Disney for February or March for around 3 weeks give or take and have encountered what I thought was a glitch. See earlier postings. So I wrote to technical help and recieved the response that they (Disney) had not released the 2008 rates yet. And until they do, no one can book?! I've planned 3 other trips in the past (one of them was a year in advance and another was six months) I cant believe that there is no way that they can give quotes to anyone unless they are interested in booking it within the next 5 months. Am I crazy? Maybe I'm just hormonal, but it does seem strange. Anyone else encountering this?
    Disneyland every summer of my childhood!
    Disneyland Paris May 2003
    All Star Movies - February 2004
    All Star Sports - August 2006
    Pop Century - January 2007
    THE MOUSE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching daily to see when the 2008 rates come out. I also can't wait to book for a February trip. I even have my list ready to make my ADR's as soon as allowed. I'm not sure way it's taking so long to get out the new rates. There probably is alot of accounting involved to make sure they set the rates just right to both make a profit and have money for all the extras (refurb., new attractions, ...).
    Next up - January '14 - WL

March '13 - POR; May '12 - AKL; Oct. '12 - GF; Feb '11 - SSR; Oct '10 - BC; Feb '09 - Poly; Feb '08 - WL; Feb '06 - POR; April '04 - ASM; Nov '02 - POR; Jan '00 - CSR; Feb '98 - POR; Oct '96 - CBR; Sept '94 - BC

StitchLuvr Guest

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of 08 packages/rates because of our upcoming trip....right now I've got a room only ressie.

I don't understand why the online thing won't let you book a year in advance when they take ressies that far....of course they tell you nothing is guaranteed until prices are released, yada yada yada......it really takes some wind out of your sails when you're anxious to book something!!

Hang in there....we're all in this together!

Post Thanks / Like

I was allowed to book rooms only for January to ensure that when 2008 rates are released (for AAA), I will have the rooms I want.

Post Thanks / Like

I must be absolutely bonkers because I'm confused.

What does the 2008 rates have to do with making a reservation?

Does it mean that no one can make a reservation because they basically don't know how much to charge?

Does it also mean you can't buy the packages?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

confused here too! can you not call disney and get a reservation?
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

StitchLuvr Guest

Right now you can only make a room-only ressie for 08. They have not released packages for this time. They quote you 07 rates and tell you multiple times this will not be what you're paying in 08, but 07 rates.

Hopefully the packages will be released in August or September at the latest.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....make sure I understand.....

The 2008 'rates' and the problem that people have with this is:

WDW has not released how much the rooms will be. Therefore the 'price' of the package cannot be determined.

.....is that correct?

Does the rates mean the dining plan and tickets may go up as well?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Carolee View Post
    Okay....make sure I understand.....

The 2008 'rates' and the problem that people have with this is:

WDW has not released how much the rooms will be. Therefore the 'price' of the package cannot be determined.

.....is that correct?

Does the rates mean the dining plan and tickets may go up as well?
    Yeah that pretty well says it all.

1) I made our Jan. 2008 room only ressies by phone back on Nov. 6, 2006.
    2) Price quoted at the time with tax was $185.62 for a room with a king-size bed and $156.38 for 2 double beds at POR.
    3) I was told that price is not firm until 2008 room pricing comes out in either July or Aug. of 2007.
    4) If the rates increase or decrease my total will be adjusted to reflect the new amount.
    5) If I want to change this to a package plan I will have to wait until packages prices are released at a later time when ticket and dining plan pricing is in place.
    6) If I want to change to a AAA package I must go through my AAA travel agent as only they can get you a discount on the room portion of the AAA package, which will be at a later date than when package rates come out.
    7) I am now firmly convinced that the AAA package release of pricing will probably be about 3 weeks after I return from our trip.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

i am also waiting for the 2008 rates and packages to be released - its almost painful at this point - i can buy plane tix but can't book a vacation package yet!? i called disney on friday and was told that the rates and packages for 2008 should be available anytime after july 31st through the 1st week of august.
    someone joked and mentioned before that we should start a support group and im starting to think thats a great idea!
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo I guess that's why I've been ready to throw the PC thru the window.

But, as I person who dabbles with website design, why don't the programmers just make it so if you select Vacation Package then you can't select 2008? You could still check rooms only, and this would alleviate a lot of frustration!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong but currently you can't book a package for more than 2 weeks. Is that right? I'm going for 3 weeks in April/May 2008 and have been told I will have to make 2 bookings, Does that sound right to all you experts out there?
    Anyway, so that may be your half your problem if your trying to book a package for more than 2 weeks it comes up as an error.
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

In 2005, I went for 11 days.

I had to do 2 everything. The first was for 10 days. The second was for 1 day.

They told me the longest ressie is 10 days,....after that...you have to do another one.

......not sure why.

Anyhow, I actually had to checkout and check back in the last day. Get all new cards......etc etc etc
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

What a pain, I'm going for 21 nights, so that means I'll have to make 3 bookings? Hopefully the new 2008 packages rectify this problem and allow longer bookings. Maybe they had a max of 10 days for those people who booked on the last day of the value season and the rest of their trip was in a higher season. If they change to a daily rate, there would be no reason to have a max 10 day booking, Right???

Oh, hurry up Disney, we all want to book and put our mind at ease!
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

I am also anxioulsy awaiting the 2008 rates

Post Thanks / Like

i wondered why it kept telling me there was an error when i was trying to check out prices... rarr
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

im waiting for them to....but im going through magical journeys and i already have a hold on the rooms i want...i just wanna know that my honeymoon will be all set!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: