Quantcast !!5 More Days!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: !!5 More Days!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default !!5 More Days!!

OK, after much deliberation and discussion, we've decided to tell our girls - 9 & 11 yo - the night before about our trip. They think we're going on a road trip to Niagara Falls and Hershey Park. '

It's impossible to prepare them for our trip w/o telling them ahead of time. Getting ready for a road trip is completely different from getting ready for a trip to DW on an airplane (cooler, pillows, snacks & drinks et.al. that would be packed for a road trip).

I called my cousin tonight who does an awesome Donald Duck impression and asked if he would be available Tues. eve. to call the girls. He said he will be happy to do it - which we figured since he is an idiot (said with great affection as we all love him dearly - he is definitely one of the good ones). We haven't decided on the exact wording of "Donald's" message yet, but we're working on it.

Any suggestions for this? Or for last minute packing tips? Bathing suits, of course, are de rigeur. I already bought 3 misting fans and 2 boxes of Miracle Clothes to wipe up the sweat.

ADRs are made. Birthday plans (for me on Friday!) are made. What am I missing????

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Poly 6/73
    SOG 10/91
    BWI 7/05
    GF 7/06
    POFQ 7/07
    SSR & POFQ & Autotrain (1st time!) 6/09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip and I hope the girls are thrilled with their surprise, I know my kids would be!

As for packing...sunscreen, camera, extra batteries are things that I always pack first. Stuff for the girls to do on the plane.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't already I would double check all reservations, ADRs, etc. to make sure there's no issues when you arrive.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

for the wording of Donald, how about something like...
    I hope you want to come & visit, because you are not going on the trip you thought...you are going to WDW...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you all are gonna be up there the same time as us (We leave monday! Yay!) Sounds like your DDs are in for a really exciting surprise.

Make sure that you know all the latest Airport Security regulations and requirements. Alot has changed since we went on our last flight to WDW 2 years ago. Sooo Its always good to ensure you have all your carry on to regulation so you have the least possible hassles in the airport.

Aside from that just remember to have a great time!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Upcoming Trip: None planned at the moment.

2012 - Offsite
    2010 - CR
    2009 - CR
    2007 - CR
    2005 - CR
    Disneyland - Many Times 1985 - 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for all the suggestions!

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the reminders about double checkiing reservations and the TSA website. We haven't flown since 2 years ago, and while I know alot has changed and think I know most of it, it never hurts to make double-sure!

I love the idea for what to have "Donald" say. The only bad thing about telling them the night before is they probably won't sleep .

I just hope they're not disappointed. We really have them conned. We've told them the names of hotels we're "staying" at, they think we're having dinner at the Skylon tower Friday night for my birthday. I asked them if they were going to share my escargots. They know what they are, and actually said yes! (my oldest is a very picky eater!) I do plan on ordering them - but at Chefs de France - my birthday, my pick!

Oh my gosh! Now we're down to 4 days! The girls will be at the Relay for Life with my sister tonight, so I'm going to finish up last minute details. I'll double-check the ADR's and flight reservations, call in our room request at POFQ, and print up and put together their travel journals. I think I'll give them the journals after the phone call, then they can fill in the first couple of pages about trip planning before we leave.

Thanks again, I love all the help! You folks are the best!
    Poly 6/73
    SOG 10/91
    BWI 7/05
    GF 7/06
    POFQ 7/07
    SSR & POFQ & Autotrain (1st time!) 6/09

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip! Sounds like you are going to pull off this magical surprise and Happy Birthday!

Post a trip report when you return
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: