Quantcast Tidbits August 2007 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch for the updates Jason!
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccp1 View Post
    Thanks for the updates!

I don't understand. EPCOT already has the World ShowPlace Pavilion and the former Odyssey Restaurant (don't even get me started about how much I miss the Odyssey), now WOL... how many private event pavilions do they need at EPCOT?
    First of all, thanks for the updates! I check this section way too often, hoping you've updated the Tidbits thread.

As to the question asked, "How many private event pavilions to they need at Epcot"...well...there has been quite the grumbling over the years that Epcot is turning into a REALLY nice and elaborate convention center. I used to dismiss this as paranoia and anti-corporate musings....but...

It's getting harder and harder to say that Epcot is a theme park....and it's getting more and more obvious that Epcot is a World's fair with a few good rides. There are three "E-ticket" rides (Soarin', TT, M:S), 7 "Dark" rides (JIYI, Nemo, Maelstrom, Living with the Land, Energy, Spaceship Earth, El Rio del Whatever), some movies, a bunch of great restaurants, and some neat shops. If it weren't for the shops, and the distance between attractions, Epcot would be in danger of being a half day park.

So, instead of building new attractions, Disney is using it as a perk to corporate and private events. I understand that it's good for business, and a little revolutionary in the industry, but they better be careful not to let Epcot slip too far.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Updated**

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccp1 View Post
    Thanks for the updates!

I don't understand. EPCOT already has the World ShowPlace Pavilion and the former Odyssey Restaurant (don't even get me started about how much I miss the Odyssey), now WOL... how many private event pavilions do they need at EPCOT?

you'd be surprised how many events go on in EPCOT on a daily basis....

that equals mucho dinero...and takes some of the brunt of upkeep off the backs of resort operations.....

...it's actually better for all of us...less they start to cut more corners in EPCOT...which would be tragic

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see there are specific dates for the RnRC rehab.

I just hope its up and running Oct 12!! Stay on schedule you worker bees!

As always, thank you Jason. I always look forward to your Tidbits!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Disney hasn't confirmed this on their web-site yet, and I hope they don't! Because we're scheduled to be there during this timeframe with some friends who have never ridden it. So, please, please, PLEASE don't let this be true! It's bad timing too, especially since it's during the free dining promotion.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

no RnR this trip for me then...and no SE which is even worse.
    thanks for keeping us UTD
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan
    Disney hasn't confirmed this on their web-site yet
    Although waltdisneyworld.com is secondary source of rehab information, they actually have posted it.

They do appear to be having some loading issues, you may have to click the "go" button to get the updated info to load.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Figment, (for the bad news),that's where I was looking earlier. Either it didn't refresh when I was there, or the info has been updated. Regardless, it's showing now.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    They do appear to be having some loading issues, you may have to click the "go" button to get the updated info to load.
    Noticed this... most likely d/t the update of the ticket section of the site.

Is RnRC going down for just general refub or is there something specific they are doing?
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Once again, a ticket price increase does not mean they will actually bring Wonders of Life back to life. Pay more for less. It's the new Disney way.

Post Thanks / Like

RnRC being closed now makes MGM almost not worth going to at all. It will be a half day trip with a Fantasmic thrown in one evening. Adam is going to be mad he has never been and I kept saying how'd he'd like RnRC. It was closed in Jan when I was there too.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates!

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
    RnRC being closed now makes MGM almost not worth going to at all. It will be a half day trip with a Fantasmic thrown in one evening. Adam is going to be mad he has never been and I kept saying how'd he'd like RnRC. It was closed in Jan when I was there too.
    I agree completely. My wife and I were looking forward to riding it for the first time since 2002 (our Sept trip is without the kids). She won't ride ToT, so it really leaves nothing left to do that we couldn't normally do with the kids.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another future world pavillion bites the dust. With Imagination gone to the dogs, Mission Space scaring folks away, The whole of innoventions being a waste of space and a clog to the once great flow of traffic, now wonders of life - convention space.

Unless this is somehow a start to doing something productive with the space in the form of rides and attractions down the line - it seriously bothers me this is planning under the watch of new managment that is supposedly focused on Epcots future.

And I don't give a darn how much convention space earns the company. It's a THEME PARK.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yet another future world pavillion bites the dust. With Imagination gone to the dogs, Mission Space scaring folks away, The whole of innoventions being a waste of space and a clog to the once great flow of traffic, now wonders of life - convention space.

Unless this is somehow a start to doing something productive with the space in the form of rides and attractions down the line - it seriously bothers me this is planning under the watch of new managment that is supposedly focused on Epcots future.

And I don't give a darn how much convention space earns the company. It's a THEME PARK.
    Amen, John.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointed about WoL. This is the first place I ever visited at WDW. It is hard to believe that it is really done for as a public attraction. I don't get the private convention space in the park at all!

Also, disappointed about RnRC being down during free dining. Still excited about a trip with free dining but this means I'll be spending even less time at the Studios. We'll probably just show up for a ride on ToT, dinner, and Fantasmic!

Even though it isn't always good news, I appreciate the updates.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

The exterior of the Wonders of Life pavilion is also experiencing some changes that signal its permanent closure as a public attraction. Over the last three days, the marquee sign in front of the pavilion has been removed and the signature Tower of Life (giant DNA sculpture) has been in process of being dismantled. The removal of these items, compounded with the internal work directly in preparation of a private event, appear to indicate that the pavilion is in process to be transformed into a semi-generic private event location.
    1) Rats.
    2) I did not need to hear of another ride permanent closure.
    3) Especially when replaced by a private party venue.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Rats.
    2) I did not need to hear of another ride permanent closure.
    3) Especially when replaced by a private party venue.
    Exactly. It was a great place.

Good thing we did all we could the last time we were there and it was open. Thanks to Intercot, I knew to take advantage of WoL anytime we were there and it was open!

R.I.P Wonders of Life Pavilion. May you entertain and educate the masses along side the original Imagination, Horizons, World of Motion, Alien Encounter, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and The Timekeeper in the Disney World in the sky, where streets are paved with gold and Beaver Tails are abundant. You will be truly missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: