Quantcast Survivor: China - Page 13

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Survivor: China

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Denise doesn't take the money from Burnett.

From People -

Survivor: China's 'Lunch Lady' Apologizes for Misleading Viewers

Denise Martin didn’t win the grand prize on Sunday’s Survivor: China live finale but the popular “lunch lady,” as she’s known to fans, earned herself one very nice consolation prize—$50,000 from producer Mark Burnett after revealing that she’d lost her job when she appeared on the reality show.

But by Tuesday morning, Martin was on the CBS Early Show answering allegations that she did not, in fact, lose her job as she claimed during Sunday’s telecast.

“It was not my intention to be misleading,” Martin said, responding to a
    press release issued by the Douglas, Mass., school superintendent Nancy T. Lane on the school’s web site on Monday.

“Nancy has been outstanding to me….I appreciate everything they’ve done, and I’m sorry. I apologize to everybody. If none of this had happened, I could never say I’m sorry enough.”

In the release, Lane says in part: “Although Mrs. Martin was a cafeteria employee prior to her selection as a contestant, she asked to be considered for a promotion to full-time custodian, and was promoted to this position on March 30, 2007. This promotion came with additional benefits and a higher salary. Following her leave, she then returned to this same position.”

Originally, Martin claimed her new custodial job—while found her working nights—adversely affected her family, offering her little time to spend with her children.

After Sunday’s telecast, Martin said her surprise prize money was a real boon. “I was in shock,” she told PEOPLE. “I couldn’t believe that [Burnett] actually did that.”

For her part, Lane says everybody is disappointed by Martin’s fabrications. “We did nothing but encourage her,” she told Entertainment Weekly.

“Douglas is a nice little town. Everybody was rooting for her, the local paper was bending over backwards with positive articles. Then to have it end this way. Talk about a letdown.”

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I was real surprised that the school and local media hadn't gotten into this. To go on National TV and falsify information about your job and not expect the school to respond is just really stupid! I hope Burnett takes his money back. By the way, Polygirl 40 said that she got money for being 4th. I didn't know anyone but the first place got any money. When did this start? Back several years ago, they said that the first place person was not allowed to give any of their money to the number two person or other contestants so the winner at the time (Tina? I think) bought some things like a motorcycle and something else for the runner up (can't remember his name Colby?) to avoid it looking like she was giving him money. But they kind of had a pact to share the money. But I was not aware that the others received anything.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

They all get paid something for being on the show, and having to put their jobs and lives on hold. The longer you last, the more you get. The winner and runner up are the ones that get the highest payoffs.

That was pretty low of Denise to manipulate the truth of her employment as she did. I wonder how uncomfortable it will be for her to go into that school now?
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very disappointed in Denise. I think Burkett had a good heart in what he did to offer her the money. She had quite a nice experience that I know I would LOVE to have even if I was the first off. (Yes I did send in my video once it was actually fun to make)

I guess she really makes "Johnny Fairplay" look like an amature.

I wonder if Jeff is still dating Julie?
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... I was really rooting for Denise because I thought she needed the money the most. I was also a fan of hers because she was honest throughout the entire process - or so I thought. I can't believe she had the nerve to lie to everyone after making that HUGE speech at the last tribal council about honesty!!!!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Holy Cow! How could anyone be dumb enough to not know that you would be caught if you said something this far off base on national TV? I'm very disappointed in Denise.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Denise apologized for being misleading right after the finale and on CBS This Morning right after that. She also said that she doesn't feel comfortable accepting the $50,000 and she's donating it to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. I feel better about her, and I think it's a wise move.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I didn't know anyone but the first place got any money. When did this start? .
    Everyone in the game gets some money. This quote is from wikipedia re: how they distribute the prizes "Every player receives a stipend for participating on Survivor depending on how long he or she lasts in the game. In most seasons, the runner-up receives $100,000, and third place wins $85,000. Sonja Christopher, the first player voted off in Survivor: Borneo, received $2,500.[5] The stipend was increased for Survivor: All-Stars. The known prizes for Survivor: All-Stars were as follows: 2nd = $250,000; 3rd = $125,000; 4th = $100,000. Tina Wesson, the first player voted off in Survivor: All-Stars, received $25,000. In Survivor: Fiji, the two runners-up received US$100,000 each, and Yau-Man received US$60,000 for his 4th place finish.[6] The prizes for other seasons with more than sixteen contestants are unknown."

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Back several years ago, they said that the first place person was not allowed to give any of their money to the number two person or other contestants so the winner at the time (Tina? I think) bought some things like a motorcycle and something else for the runner up (can't remember his name Colby?) to avoid it looking like she was giving him money. But they kind of had a pact to share the money. But I was not aware that the others received anything.
    Tina made the comment that she would buy Colby that Harley that he wanted, but didn't. So Rosie O'Donnell did.
    Poly: 00, 03 x 2, 04, 05, 07 x 2, 09 x 2, 10, 11
    CR: 01, 02 x 2, 04, 06 x 2, 10, 11, 12
    GF: 01, 04
    F.W. Cabin: 07
    S/D: 01, 02 x 2, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09
    WL: 16
    POR: 14, 15
    DLR: 08, 13

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet Denise told that story to one of the producers, never even thinking that it would be brought up at the reunion show. I still have no clue what her reasoning would be, except she's an idiot.

It's amusing that all this fuss is being made over her lying about her "real life" job. If she had lied in the game about who was getting voted out or whatever, noone would have cared.

I've wondered if Jeff is still dating Julie, too.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: