Quantcast Project Runway Season 4 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Yay, Nani's here, now we can all discuss tomorrow. I am just praying I can make it through the show, b/c I have been so tired lately and can't make it past 10 or 10:30 half the time!
    Same problem here...everyone in my house is sick, so lately I've been collapsing from exhaustion around 9pm. But I'll try.

If not, I hope that Bravo will keep up the same schedule that they did for the past few seasons--air the episode on Thursdays at, I believe, 6pm.

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm really looking forward to tonight! As the show is on at 10 PM I should be able to keep my eyes open long enough to see it tonight, but I"m recording it just to be safe.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I was a tiny bit underwhelmed I must say. The fact that they had actual fabrics to work with as opposed to previous seasons (groceries, altering their own clothes, upholstery) made me expect a lot more from them.

I think my favorite right now is Chris. (The chubby costume design guy). I thought Christian's piece looked really ugly. At the end of the day as much as I liked Simone I think it was right to eliminate her because it's consistent with previous season. Lack of execution has been a major issue with these judges. I think Elyssa is really out there but from the front her garment looked beautiful. Why turn it into a peacock tripping disaster?

Here's hoping this season picks up a bit. From the preview at the end it certainly seems like there will be some controversy, which is what drives reality tv.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed watching, I was of course drooling over that fabric!! Most of it goes about average 40 or 50 yard and up, I was just dying when Elisa put it all on that model's tail, her dress was actually pretty, but the back was horrible, like Barbie Island Princess. I heard what Jack had to announce I think somewhere and that's going to be a tough one if true. I love Chris, too, he is really funny and also Jack and Rami were good on the runway. I need to see more of the girl's work, but I think Carmen and Victoria will be the stand-outs, there is already something about Jillian that I don't like, I think she will be the witchy one. Christian reminds me a lot of Austin Scarlett from Season One. I can't believe people would talk back to Tim Gunn, I never would anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

I was underwhelmed as well. And I can't honestly say that I like anyone's personality yet, or found anyone's design that great. I guess I'll just have to wait and see why Tim and Heidi are saying that this is the best group they've had yet.

I knew that it was going to be down to Elisa and Simone, and I knew they'd pick Elisa over Simone because already, people don't like her and are talking about her. And you know what that means--what PR producers just love--drama!!

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by prprincess View Post
    And you know what that means--what PR producers just love--drama!!
    This is one of the reasons I like the reality shows on Bravo...........the blurb at the end that flat out tells you that the producers have the final say-so on who goes and stays. So many things happen on other reality shows that you "just know" aren't on the up and up, but here they tell you how they have the final call if they want to.
    Don't have all the names down yet but I did think the 2 in the bottom should have been there. IMO they both could have been sent packing and I would have understood.
    I about had heart failure when Elisa took the sissors to that beautiful fabric like a demented lunatic.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Kara Janx from Season 2, a new baby:

On Monday, November 12th, Kara Janx became the mother of a healthy, beautiful, baby girl!

Weighing in at 6 lbs. and 14 oz., the baby, and the mother and father, are doing well, and couldn't be happier.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they have a lot of fresh talent this year. That girl that had the heavy train on her dress might be a little off her rocker though...i almost cried when she was grass staining the silk chiffon!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

It struck me the other day that the dress Elisa did was still better than half the stuff Santino sent out!! Remember the horrible ice skating outfit or the jumpsuit, yuck!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... I can't really ever decide about this show on the 1st or 2nd episode. Lots of drama queens this year ... should be fun. And the crazy earth/water goddess with the train that didn't quite flow as much as it just "plopped" out of the bottom of the dress was, uh, interesting.

Tim Gunn was fabulous as always.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Christian! He totally used to work at the hair salon I get my hair done at. I know some spoilers about this season but Ill still watch it when they repeat it a million times during the week. I cant be missing my Ghost Hunters on Wednesdays lol.

Pipi ~ 911 miles from Disney World

Next Planned Trip ~ December 2010 POR?

POP January 2004

ASMu Feburary 2005

POP January 2008

Post Thanks / Like

OK so who watched this week's episode? I liked it much better than the season premiere. And FINALLY Sarah Jessica Parker was a guest judge! She seemed very genuine and nice... didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I thought it was a great overall challenge and it was interesting to see them work in pairs. This is always a tough one though because while the designers want to be picked to see their vision through, ultimately the one who designed the garment is the most vulnerable as we saw with Marion. "Pocahontas" was absolutely the first thing I thought of. Very bad choice.

I thought the top two garments were interesting but not things that I would wear as an "every day woman." My two favorites were probably Jack and Ricky's (red dress) and Kit and Chris's (black sweater dress with leggings). By the way, do you think Ricky is going to cry on every episode? Lol.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Christian bugs me SO much. Ugh.

I think that this season is really fun so far. SJP is fabulous, and I do think that the NYC Fashion community cracks me up ... "everyday woman" ... size 2? Girl, please.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I swear I haven't laughed so hard, the spit marker was too funny! At least she is interesting to watch and Sweet P was too funny. What the heck does "Out of the basement" mean Heidi?? i liked Ricky's outfit (the burgundy one??) but yes, the crying has got to stop. LOVE SJP, I still remember her from Square Pegs in the 80's!! She and Patrick Dempsey have turned out so great! If I made an outfit, I would have made slim black pants and a Pucci-type print top with longer sleeves, however they only had $15 to spend, I spend more to make my kid's clothes and Mood is expensive for fabric. How about when Kevin didn't shake her hand?? I guess he was nervous. I hope Chris March keeps going to the Final 3, I really like him out of this group.

Speaking of Heidi, has anyone gotten Seal's new CD? I love him!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first season to watch this show and I have to say that I am quite enjoying it. There are certainly some big personalities and they make for good Reality TV.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    I would have made slim black pants and a Pucci-type print top with longer sleeves, however they only had $15 to spend, I spend more to make my kid's clothes and Mood is expensive for fabric.
    I don't know if you have seen the SJP line of clothing at Steve and Somebody-or-other's, but I was hugely disappointed! This past year I have lost 70 pounds and have had to buy a complete new wardrobe (I know.....oh, poor me). When I saw SJP on Oprah's I was so excited to think I could basically get a good start on new stuff with a very reasonable hit to the wallet. Went online and found out where the closest store was, drove over 100 miles to get there and merrily went in with credit card in hand and a big smile on my face. Well, that was very short lived..........I have never seen such awful fabric in my life! These garments could not possibly stand up to more than a few washings. The size selection was crazy, tops in size large and medium but pants in only a size 2 or 18 or 22! I was so angry I immediately went home and e-mailed the Oprah show, I never did get any kind of reply. I do have to admit the styles were cute but certainly nothing I would have wanted to invest any money in even if I could have found even one complete outfit in my size.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    This is my first season to watch this show and I have to say that I am quite enjoying it. There are certainly some big personalities and they make for good Reality TV.
    If you have Netflix or something like it, the first 3 seasons are all out on DVD now
    Every season has someone loopy or vain, love em/hate em types.
    Season 1- Wendy Pepper
    Season 2- Santino Rice
    Season 4- VINCENT! And his "Kooky" hats that turned him on! And Jeffrey and Angela.
    This year we have Ms. Polymorphic dress Elisa and I'm-too-good-to-listen-to-Tim Christian.

But there are always plenty of lovable people too. Chris March is definitely one of my faves.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I love SJP so I really enjoyed this episode. Now can someone tell me if Kevin deliberately didn't shake her hand, or did he not see her put it out? I wasn't sure since he seemed a little offended about her comment on his outfit.

Elisa really surprised me with her outfit. After last week I was hoping that she'd be "auf'd" but she did really well. Right now Ricky is my favorite, but yes, he does cry a bit too much!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I don't know if you have seen the SJP line of clothing at Steve and Somebody-or-other's, but I was hugely disappointed! This past year I have lost 70 pounds and have had to buy a complete new wardrobe (I know.....oh, poor me). When I saw SJP on Oprah's I was so excited to think I could basically get a good start on new stuff with a very reasonable hit to the wallet. Went online and found out where the closest store was, drove over 100 miles to get there and merrily went in with credit card in hand and a big smile on my face. Well, that was very short lived..........I have never seen such awful fabric in my life! These garments could not possibly stand up to more than a few washings. The size selection was crazy, tops in size large and medium but pants in only a size 2 or 18 or 22! I was so angry I immediately went home and e-mailed the Oprah show, I never did get any kind of reply. I do have to admit the styles were cute but certainly nothing I would have wanted to invest any money in even if I could have found even one complete outfit in my size.
    I agree. I was excited about her stuff when I saw it on Oprah, but in person it's awful! I actually purchased a few tops from her line, and they are of very poor quality. I had one on yesterday for Thanksgiving and it literally looked twisted on me because it must have gotten bent out of shape in the washer. And trust me, I'm one of those people who have clothes forever (I know--fashion faux pas) because I take such good care of them.
    Last edited by prprincess; 11-24-2007 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo

šOšprprincessšOš

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

WOW!!! What a mess that was last night. Don't these fools remember that in previous years they have had to do a man's garment? You would think when you sent in your application to be on the show that you just maybe should try doing something in muslin to see if you need more practice.
    I'm kind of surprised that Chris doesn't do better than middle of the pack, his things seem very marketable to me.
    And Elisa, even if her garment was pretty good this week, she just gets stranger and stranger. Good grief, not wanting to touch the male model.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    WOW!!! What a mess that was last night. Don't these fools remember that in previous years they have had to do a man's garment? You would think when you sent in your application to be on the show that you just maybe should try doing something in muslin to see if you need more practice.

And Elisa, even if her garment was pretty good this week, she just gets stranger and stranger. Good grief, not wanting to touch the male model.
    It was definitely a mess all around last night. I'm surprised that so many of them did so poorly.

Elisa gets crazier and crazier every episode.

But I'm glad that the person who was auf'd (don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet) is gone. I didn't like how she was messin' with Ricky.

šOšprprincessšOš

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: