Quantcast an outburst at the Hall of Presidents - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a really sad testiment to what our society has become.

I remeber in the 70's and early 80's, the audiance in the HOP stood during the playing of "Hail to the Chief".
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that may be a nice sentiment, standing up..but as someone else pointed out before, booing a robot is weird, but giving a robot a standing ovation is also..weird

Next month I will go see the show and if anyone boo's or cheers to loudly I will say something
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Always be respectful

An amusement park is not the place to voice any political opinion. Its sad that it happened.
    My kids are learning abou the presidents in school and enjoy the fact they get to see them.
    Like it or not, whomever is our president is voted my a majority. that's our right . I don't follow a particular party so I am not a good spokesperson, but.... if you didn't get the person you wanted in place, you have to vote until you get someone. You can't please everyone.

Enjoy it for the craftwork, the animatronics and the celebration of our freedom. Its a classic , educational and beautiful exhibit.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

"And that's when the robot realized that it was wrong and sadly walked off the stage. It was never seen again in the Magic Kingdom. The end."

Really. An opinion only matters when it can make a difference. Shouting your opinion to a bunch of tourists won't change any minds, or get a whole lot of support.

This was nothing more than one man who was too childish to realize that no one cares about anyone's point of view on any serious issue when they're on vacation.

No matter how many agreed or disagreed with his statements, no one was going to join in a riot or cause the ride to shut down. He should've just yelled "I'm attention hungry! Please look at me! I'm the guy who needs to validate his opinion to a bunch of strangers! Please like me!" It would have been a lot more to the point, and I'm sure he would've been removed.

I can only guess he wasn't removed because whoever was in charge of unruly guest removal agreed with him and let it go. Only a guess, of course, and still wrong regardless.
    86- Offsite
    95- Offsite
    01- All-Star Music
    03- Offsite
    05- Polynesian and Pop Century
    07- All-Star Music
    07- Beach Club
    08 - Pop Century
    09- Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like

some people only think of themselves and try to impose their belifes onto others (sad) "gotta love "
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RSGBSG2002 View Post
    "And that's when the robot realized that it was wrong and sadly walked off the stage. It was never seen again in the Magic Kingdom. The end."

Really. An opinion only matters when it can make a difference. Shouting your opinion to a bunch of tourists won't change any minds, or get a whole lot of support.

This was nothing more than one man who was too childish to realize that no one cares about anyone's point of view on any serious issue when they're on vacation.

No matter how many agreed or disagreed with his statements, no one was going to join in a riot or cause the ride to shut down. He should've just yelled "I'm attention hungry! Please look at me! I'm the guy who needs to validate his opinion to a bunch of strangers! Please like me!" It would have been a lot more to the point, and I'm sure he would've been removed.

I can only guess he wasn't removed because whoever was in charge of unruly guest removal agreed with him and let it go. Only a guess, of course, and still wrong regardless.

Well said and 100% true
    1987-Polynesian 1st trip
    1992-Polynesian
    1996-Hilton
    1998-Carribean Beach
    2000-2 Week Honeymoon First Disney Wonder then Carribean Beach
    2002-Polynesian
    2003-Off property
    Oct 2004-All Star Movie
    May 2004-All Star Sports
    2005-All Star Movie
    2006-Pop Century
    2007-Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I personally have an extremely low opinion of our current president, but I would never be so disrespectful, nor would I allow anyone in my party be so disrespectful, of the other people in the theater's right to experience the attraction unhindered.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

yes this happened as we attended in June, but we had a few people boo, and i agree not the place for it.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Politicians mud-sling, act childish and rude too! IMO politicians are people elected often through corrupts means.

We don't believe in being respectful towards anyone who we don't personally know, but takes our money, simply because they use a certain title. That is how whole countries can be misled.

Having said that, WDW is a place of fantasy and joy. I don't think it's the place to air political opinions. People work so hard for a few days of fun. That man was obviously not feeling the Disney spirit when he booed a robot!

I don't think that a CM should have been called because it is a free country and we are free to express our opinions! Maybe it would have been better for others in the group to gently express their disgust at his actions.
    GF, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRoundTheWorld View Post
    I don't think that a CM should have been called because it is a free country and we are free to express our opinions!
    In appropriate places. But sometimes there are additional, common sense and polite rules to follow besides the Bill of Rights.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Throughout mankind's modern history philosophical and satirical genius has taken many forms

Jean-Paul Satre
    Voltaire
    Oscar Wilde
    HL Mencken
    Noel Coward
    Peter Cook
    Woody Allen
    Chris Morris

These great men looked across and despite their cutting epigrams, witty ripostes and philosophical inginuity they saw the man who once and for all perfected the art of mockery.

Yes:

The guy who bood GW Bush's animatronic likeness in the Hall of Presidents.

Although I was there one time and when Nixon was introduced I heard a voice from about two rows back saying "oooh, watch what you say guys". I must confess I had a chuckle at that one.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post
    These great men looked across and despite their cutting epigrams, witty ripostes and philosophical inginuity they saw the man who once and for all perfected the art of mockery.

Yes:

The guy who bood GW Bush's animatronic likeness in the Hall of Presidents.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    I remeber in the 70's and early 80's, the audiance in the HOP stood during the playing of "Hail to the Chief".
    I would if others did too but these days ... I'm too chicken ! Folks like *that guy* scare me.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    In appropriate places. But sometimes there are additional, common sense and polite rules to follow besides the Bill of Rights.
    Yes, I agree with regard to internally understanding socially accepted pacts in order to enjoy something. There are many situations in which people loudly and openly express their opinion which may violate the rules of decorum for most people.

However, because understanding rules of tact is subjective, it varies, as it did for this man. IMO bringing in the "official" figure of the CM is beyond what is necessitated by the man's actions.

I wonder how many incidents like this, or worse, Disney deals with and how? I don't know if it's a stressful time of year, but so far, I've been told by 3 families who have visited over the last few weeks about such annoying behavior. I guess one incident per visit is not so bad when you consider how many people are at the parks.
    GF, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: