Quantcast an outburst at the Hall of Presidents - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Disrespectful, rude, inconsiderate and not the slightest bit surprising.
    So true!

I wonder exactly what the guy was thinking?! What was the point? Its a WDW attraction not a political forum.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's pretty disspointing behavior....
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Disrespectful, rude, setting a bad example, and inconsiderate of others...hey, probably the same guy who plops himself down smack in the center of the row at the 3D shows and refuses to move. Or the guy that jumps in line in front of you then lets 20 of his friends and family go ahead, or...the list goes on. Some people just go about ruining things for the rest of us.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the minority cause it wouldn't have bothered me. Well, okay, a quick boo would have made me snicker, but I wouldn't want someone talking over the entire attraction. I only go on it to take a nap.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by McGoofy View Post
    What's next-- booing Uncle Orville at the Carousel of Progress???
    I always boo that guy ... he hogs the coolest spot in the house!!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    I wonder if he even knew he was booing essentially a robot.
    Robots? Since when did they start using robots in this exhibit?
    Just kidding. Too bad people can't leave their rude behavior at home.
    2001 - Wilderness Lodge
    2003 - CBR
    2004 - POR/AKL
    2005 - POR
    2006 - AKL

2007 - Saratoga Springs
    2007 - Poly
    Feb 2008 - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we went to Disney my youngest was 2 and she sat quietly through the entire show!! Goes to show the mentality of that man was younger than a 2 year old!! I can not believe adults can be so rude around kids.... I certainly hope he did not have any of his own!! I am sorry you had to deal with that... it is a great attraction and such a shame you didnt get to hear all of it. I can not believe a cm did not ask him to leave either... there was a man when we were in there who had a light on his camera and a cm came right over and asked him to turn it off.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it says a lot about a persons character to do something so rude and immature. Everyone has presidents they aren't too fond of, but do we set around booing them? How foolish. Sounds like he went in for just that purpose and frankly, I would have ended up saying something if I'd been close enough. Also, what a person thinks of an individual president is their own opinion, but the office itself deserves a great deal of respect and that seems to be something some do not understand. Can you imagine if we all sat booing the presidents we didn't like?

Post Thanks / Like

This poor behavior was an example of the need of the least intelligent members of our society to publicly display their ignorance.

The offender should have been removed from the theatre.

Post Thanks / Like

When will people learn that they can't behave the same way in a theater (Disney attraction, movie, or other) that they do in their living rooms?! I agree with the poster who said that this person showed a very bad example while ruining the show for others. I wonder if the CM's were too surprised or weren't sure how to correct the man without making a bigger scene?
    I like to imagine that there is a special bubble around Disney World where there are no politics... just happy times for guests.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there was something that happened, not to the extent of this, when I was there once. I believe there was a boo from one man, then a cheer from the other. But that was it. It was after the speech, and they stopped.

Whether or not you agree or disagree with any president, it is uncalled for and rude to disrupt a show of any kind, no matter where you are.

All this man proved is that he is inconsiderate and rude. I bet people weren't agreeing or disagreeing with his view, they were more upset that he did it, rather than what he said.

Chances are this wasn't the first time this happened.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

This is lame at best. Once again, this is a story about a brunch of "ONEers" who don't understand how to act at WDW.

Sad, they spoil the show for everybody.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    I'm in the minority cause it wouldn't have bothered me. Well, okay, a quick boo would have made me snicker, but I wouldn't want someone talking over the entire attraction. I only go on it to take a nap.
    We all applauded in 10-2001

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen this before. Certainly is rude by anyone's standards.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that this is not surprising. In this day and age there are plenty of rude people in all parts of the political spectrum. This is rude, boorish behavior, whether it is directed at George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, or Calvin Coolidge! Why does everyone seem to think that their freedom to express their opinions includes being disruptive in an inappropriate location? Tsk, tsk, tsk!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    Why does everyone seem to think that their freedom to express their opinions includes being disruptive in an inappropriate location?
    Dunno but there's perfect vacation spot for those people. It's called "Universal Studios" and "Six Flags"!

At the end, those people will not understand the magic... and it will be their loss.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Southwest Florida (170 miles away from the mouse)
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe how people act in public sometimes. It's like those people that feel they are specially entitled beyond other guests. I can't tell you how many times people have stepped right in front of my 4 year old at the last minute at a parade and when I ask them to move they tell me that they paid to come here and they aren't moving . It's so disappointing. Why can't people just act appropriately in public?
    "Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind, or forgotton"
    - Lilo & Stitch

"Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry, this was extremely rude and disrespectful. I know in America we are blessed with the freedom of speech. But, please be considerate of others during the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it have been a hoot if a couple of CM's came out dressed like the secret service personnel and took him out. of the building..
    Let the magic begin.....!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOLITRIN View Post
    Wouldn't it have been a hoot if a couple of CM's came out dressed like the secret service personnel and took him out...

Now that would have been funny!

Although I have wanted to boo, I would never let my disdain for a politician ruin someone else's viewing of HoP. I keep it in during the show, then give my family an earful when its over. In fact, I usually skip this attraction because it brings up feelings and who wants to be angry at WDW? I don't know why someone with so little self-control would even go into the HoP. He must have known that W was depicted in the show, why put himself and the other people in the theater in that position?
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: