Quantcast Both Mizzou and WVU Lost

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Both Mizzou and WVU Lost

Well, now that this happened, we know Ohio State is playing in the championship game. But the question is, who is playing Ohio State? Who do you think will play Ohio State? We are soon to find out...
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The BCS is such a Joke. Georgia will most likely play for the BCS championship with out winning the SEC. Really need a 8 or 10 team playoff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medic9016 View Post
    The BCS is such a Joke.
    Amen.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Remember that Georgia had a bye and now we are 11-2 and they are 10-2 so we have more points w/ the extra game. When you have a bye you can slip down. It's not a great system. I don't think its right to have some play top ten teams all year and others play the bottom. What kind of playoff system would have your top seeds playing each other. I think the Div. champs should play each other but when we were Nat'l champs in 03 Okla didn't win their div. but they say they changed the system since then (If you listened to ESPN all night like we did).
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

ESPN has LSU jumping everybody and joining Ohio State. Just as long as a SEC team gets in and beats Ohio State again in the National Championship
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

That was only the AP poll, but Oklahoma is right behind LSU at #3. Oklahoma is going to make it into the chapionship game, I'm sure of it.
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofhook View Post
    That was only the AP poll, but Oklahoma is right behind LSU at #3. Oklahoma is going to make it into the chapionship game, I'm sure of it.
    Even losing to Colorado and Texas Tech? I think both were unranked at the time. I thought Georgia might have moved up even with there season completed. After seeing the new polls it looks more like OSU and LSU. If it was my choice I'll give the Rainbow Warriors 12-0 a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    I think the Div. champs should play each other but when we were Nat'l champs in 03 Okla didn't win their div. but they say they changed the system since then (If you listened to ESPN all night like we did).
    I listened all night too. It seems that all of a sudden winning your conference is the end all be all for the BCS. I think they (the sports media) wanted so bad to have OSU and LSU in this game all year and are trying anything to legitimize it. If winning your conference is so important (which I agree it is to a point), then eliminate the BCS and have all the conference champs play each other.

Again, my case against OSU is this...
    Sure they won their (weak) conference, but they lost to a team they shouldn't have at home. Yet, while they remain idle they gain in the polls.

Meanwhile my team (KU) didn't win their (stronger) conference, and their only loss was to a then #4 team at a neutral site game. Yet, since they are not OSU, while they remain idle they lose ground.

1998 - All-Star Music
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medic9016 View Post
    If it was my choice I'll give the Rainbow Warriors 12-0 a shot.
    Now that's what I want to hear !

Our local ABC affiliate sports anchor, Rob Fukuzaki, has Hawaii ties so he constantly keeps reminding the viewers, tongue in cheek, that they should get a BCS game. He did that last night on his show.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the bowls are announced and I guess I shouldn't complain about KU's destination. I would be a bit miffed if I were either Oklahoma, Georgia, or Mizzou however. This system is absolutely ridiculous.
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    Well, the bowls are announced and I guess I shouldn't complain about KU's destination. I would be a bit miffed if I were either Oklahoma, Georgia, or Mizzou however. This system is absolutely ridiculous.
    Well let's see....

#8 Kansas is going to a BCS bowl (Orange bowl)
    while #7 Missouri, the team that beat Kansas is not.

#11 West Virginia, who lost their final game (while ranked #2) at home to an unranked team, is going to a BCS bowl (Fiesta Bowl), while Missouri (while #1) lost on the road (at a "neutral site) then #9 Oklahoma, is not going to a BCS bowl.

Attempting to apply logic to this serves no purpose. Rules are rules, only 2 teams from a conference in the BCS, so it must make sense to send the #8 team instead of the #7 team that beat them.

On the other hand, given their history over recent years, making it into the Cotton Bowl should be considered an accomplishment.
    Marker from MO

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: