Quantcast Get Out the Brooms!!!!!!! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Again ... 7 in a row ... If this team played the Mets every day we'd have the best record in baseball.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

8 in a row!

It's almost funny now. You can tell the Phils are totally inside the Mets' heads. 6 errors?? Crazy ...
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Great game last night.
    Sorry, but I'm anel about stuff like this.

The A's moved from Philly after the 1954 season. Played in Kansas City from 1955 - 1967. Oakland since 1968.
    Ummm i have no clue why I wrote 1890. I'm chalking it up to the fact that I've been battling a nasty sinus infection and have been drugged up. The reason I really do know the A's were around much longer is because my grandfather always talks about going to A's games-and he wasn't born until 1920. LOL! And of course there is all those pennants they won. That was what I was trying to say, that the two teams were in competition and no one cared about the phils because the A's were the winning team. I really don't know where I got that year from. Maybe it was the year they switched leagues? For some reason that year was in my head, and I'm too tired to look it up and see if it's anything significant. Thanks for correcting me.

Anyways, Ian are you back on the bandwagon now or do you just relish beating the Mets?
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Anyways, Ian are you back on the bandwagon now or do you just relish beating the Mets?
    I relish beating any team from New York, I don't care who they are.

Like, for example ... I'm really going to relish it when the Eagles hand the Giants their fourth loss of the season on September 30th.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Back from my sister's and our Phillies-Mets weekend. Very happy with the outcome,though I wish the Giants could have taken at least 1 game from the Padres .

We were at Saturday's game in decent outer field box seats (we could read Pat Burrell's facial expressions). My sister, whose birthday was Saturday, is funny. When we were losing in the middle innings, she says that I may not be allowed to go with her to any more Phillies-Mets games at Shea as I seem to be bad luck for the Phillies (they lost at the game we went to in April). When Jimmy Rollins hit the triple, my sister said I may get a reprieve .
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Back from my sister's and our Phillies-Mets weekend. Very happy with the outcome,though I wish the Giants could have taken at least 1 game from the Padres .

We were at Saturday's game in decent outer field box seats (we could read Pat Burrell's facial expressions). My sister, whose birthday was Saturday, is funny. When we were losing in the middle innings, she says that I may not be allowed to go with her to any more Phillies-Mets games at Shea as I seem to be bad luck for the Phillies (they lost at the game we went to in April). When Jimmy Rollins hit the triple, my sister said I may get a reprieve .
    Did you see any fights? I (unfortunately) have heard that there was at least one fight per inning during the later parts of the game.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Did you see any fights? I (unfortunately) have heard that there was at least one fight per inning during the later parts of the game.
    To my knowledge there were 3 fights, though one fight morphed into another fight. These fights occurred in the upper levels at Shea (their 700 level). I was a bit dismayed at the slow response by the Mets event staff. One fight at least 10 punches before event staff arrived. Hopefully staffing will be increased when Citi Field is opened like staffing was increased when the Phillies opened their park. The fights have definitely drastically decreased in our new ball park.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I still say we're OK. We actually gained a game since the last sweep and I like our remaining schedule over the Phillies. The thing I'm most upset about is that we could have knocked you out of the wild card, but now we may have to play you again in the NLCS.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I relish beating any team from New York, I don't care who they are.

Like, for example ... I'm really going to relish it when the Eagles hand the Giants their fourth loss of the season on September 30th.
    The Giants are from New Jersey.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    When Jimmy Rollins hit the triple, my sister said I may get a reprieve .
    Should have been an error.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I still say we're OK. We actually gained a game since the last sweep and I like our remaining schedule over the Phillies. The thing I'm most upset about is that we could have knocked you out of the wild card, but now we may have to play you again in the NLCS.
    I actually agree with you. I still see very little chance for the Phils to win the division.

The Phils have 13 games remaining, 7 on the road and 6 at home. They have three coming up at the Cardinals, four at the Nationals, and then finish up at home with three against Atlanta and three more against the Nationals.

I'd say best case, they win 7 of those 13 (given how they play against bad teams). That means the Mets would have to lose like 10 of their remaining fourteen games in order for the Phils to catch them.

No ... it's wildcard or nothing for the Phils. But I do actually think they have a decent shot at the wildcard. My guess is Arizona will fall back to the Padres and that leaves the door open for the Phils to slip in there.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Huh ... Mets have lost five in a row ... Phils have won six in a row ... we're only a game and a half back ... huh.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

The last time the Mets lost 5 in a row, they went on to win 9 of 10. We're right where we want to be.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

In a fit of bad timing, the Phils and Mets both broke their streaks on the same night.

We're 2.5 back now ... in both the division and the wildcard.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This whole thread could be my house. I am a huge Mets fan and my husband, God bless him, is a Phillies fan. It has been very interesting the last 9 years. But, every time I go to a Phillies - Mets game in Philly, there is always, always more Mets fans. Not quite like being in Shea, but it comes close. Bottom line is that the Phillies are still behind the Mets. Still. Just like they have been all season. Just like how they will be when the season ends. Even the Inquirer doubts that they can win! Smart writers!!

GO METS!!!
    Off-Site 1989
    Carribean Beach 2001
    Port Orleans 2004
    POP Nov 2007
    House Rental for 7 nights/Port Orleans for 5 nights Aug 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Awfully optimistic for a team that's lost 8 of their last 14 games!

Not to mention that, while the Phils may in fact be behind the Mets in the standings, they've kicked the behind of the Mets in head-to-head play.

I can't decide what I want to happen most ... for the Phils to get the wildcard and then beat the Mets in the playoffs or if it would be better to just oust them from playoff contention entirely, thus crushing the hopes and dreams of every Met fan.

Choices, choices!

Of course, neither will be as enjoyable as when the Eagles beat the Giants on their home turf this Sunday.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to chime in really fast...I have a partial season ticket plan and I have NEVER seen more Mets fans than Phils fans at Citizen's Bank Park. A lot do make the drive down the turnpike, but there are always more Phillies fans.

I'm so excited for this week of Phillies baseball! Phillies fans, I know we've been close the last couple of years with a week to go, but this team just feels different...doesn't it?

My fiance and I just moved into our new house and I'm sitting on my new couch in my newly painted family room watching my new 56" High Def. TV. Life is good.

Let's Go Phils!!!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    Just wanted to chime in really fast...I have a partial season ticket plan and I have NEVER seen more Mets fans than Phils fans at Citizen's Bank Park. A lot do make the drive down the turnpike, but there are always more Phillies fans.
    I have to agree. My boyfriend bless his misguided soul used to be a casual Mets fan solely because his aunt and uncle took him to see his first baseball game at Shea. Fortunately over the 5 years we've been dating I've been able to convert him to a Phillies fan. (Still working on converting him from a fan to the Flyers but I don't see that happening anytime soon).
    At any rate, we've tried to make at least one Phillies-Mets game every year, sometimes more. I will concede that the Mets fans make always make strong showing and there are certainly more of them there than I would like to see, but there is no way that they actually outnumber the Phillies fans, at least not at any of the games I've attended.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I am also a partial season ticket holder and I attended two Phillies/Mets games at Citizens Bank Park. There are definitely Mets fans but in no way do they come close to outnumbering the Phillies fans, as witnessed to the fact that they were booed into submission if they tried to start a Mets chant .

Tonight was not good for the Phillies, but the Mets lost as well and the Padres and Rockies are currently losing, so hopefully nothing changes. I could care less how we get into the playoffs, just that we get there.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

That was a bad loss last night, especially since the Padres came back to win their game.

We're back to being a game back in the wildcard again and we missed a glorious opportunity to gain on the Mets.

Hopefully, this isn't the beginning of the Phils typical end of season collapse.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: