Quantcast POTC Capt. Jack experience

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default POTC Capt. Jack experience

My husband was just talking to a coworker who returned from WDW a few weeks ago. He said that there's a special experience at POTC where one family at a time is asked to join Capt. Jack Sparrow in a separate room for some one-on-one interaction.

My DH argued that his friend said anyone can do it, but I thought I read that people are randomly chosen and not everyone can participate...?

My recollection is foggy on this, but if anyone has any personal experience or knowledge on this, please share.

We love POTC and Capt. Jack! Our trip this November will be the first time we get to see the updated ride incorporating the movie elements. We're so excited!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Your DH coworker was probally refering to the show where Captin Jack teaches young one keys things to being a priate (I.E How to sword fight). Which is a random street show. My Girlfriend and I saw it back in February.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard about a family that received a special one-on-one with Crush in the Turtle Talk show at Epcot. It was a Year of a Million Dreams prize; their video of their experience is on YouTube. Maybe they have something similar for Capt. Sparrow as well.
    Gina a.k.a. cheshirecollector
    VMK name: Venetia

Next Trip: TBA

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the street show from a distance in July. I was waiting for the Tiki Room and it looked like Capt. Jack had a big crowd
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We saw this show back in April on our school choir trip. It was over by POTC. A man carrying cart walked by and started talking about Jack, when he showed up. We didn't stay long, becouse the show started a few minutes before we had to leave for our own show, but what I did see was pretty good. I'm pretty sure Jack tought a kid how to sword fight, like someone said earlier.
    WDW TRIPS:
    '93,'94,'97,'00,'01,'04, '05(twice), '07(twice), '14
    DISNEYLAND TRIPS:
    '98,'99(twice),'02, '06, '09

Post Thanks / Like

We had just gotten off POTC last week and found a Photopass Photographer in the street. We could see that they were having the pirate show over to the right of the ride and when we had just taken the picture, the pirate said something about the Capt. A door opened in the building on our left and out ran Capt Jack sort of stumbling like he was drunk and practically ran into us. I laughed and pointed at him. He twirled around and pointed back at me and laughed and ran on to the show. We stood and watched. It was a funny show between the two of them and then they started pulling kids and adults into the show and interacting with the crowd. The show lasted about 15 minutes and they gave a certificate to the group that helped them. Then the Capt ran over across the street where they were taking pictures of Capt Hook and Smedley and autographs. I don't know if he remained there or went back in. It was fun. I haven't heard about the one-on-one with him though. My DD was surprised we had seen him because they had never seen him and didn't know he was one of the characters there.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: